Stupid Panda

10 Million Baozi

 

I spun around quickly at the sound of the voice already recognizing it before I looked at his bright smile that was spreading over his face. “Tao! Can’t you see I’m injured! Give me a Band-Aid before I bleed to death” I waved my short arms around the air for a more dramatic effect but the large grin that was creeping over my face gave my frantic stance away.

Even so, Tao walked over to me with a worried expression as he turned over the ‘open’ sign to a close that was hanging at the door.

 It was 20 minutes early for closing time but I guess it was a slow day and he’s allowed to close early since his parents owned the store.

He took my hand and led me to a high stool gesturing for me to sit down.

 I rolled my eyes as my not so long legs leaped for the four legged stool and in the corner of my eyes I noticed Tao suppressing a giggle. I tapped him on the head with my hand “YA! Stop laughing and help me out!” I spat.

Tao smiled brightly at my direction and pinched my cheeks “Just stay put okay. I’ll get you the Band-Aid.”

He let go of my cheeks and headed to the pharmacy section. “How did that even happen anyway?” I hear him shout over across the room. “uhh…” I stammered. “I fell while walking yoogeun.” Tao stuck his head behind the wall one eyebrow raised as if saying ‘is that the best you’ve got’.  I’ve always been a terrible liar.  “Is yoogeun a dog? He is just learning how to walk. I can think of about more than 20 better excuses than that!” Tao went back to focusing on finding the Band-Aids as he drowned me on all his “20 different and better excuses.”

When he got to the eleventh one I felt like my head was about to overheat! “OKAY OKAY I GET IT” I shouted! “I threw a rock at a tree; tree got pissed; threw it back to me and voila!” I hear a door shut after that and went over to see what just happened and spotted Tao laughing his off through the window that was plastered on the door.

 I waited till he was all done with my arms crossed over my chest tapping my foot ever so impatiently. The door opens and Tao spotted me. I could feel the little droplet of blood from my forehead oozing down which resulted in Tao shutting himself in the room again to laugh his off some more. “YA!!” I barked out as I banged on the storage door.  Tao must have run out of laughs since he came out the storage room with an apologetic look in his eyes.

 “Miane Minseok. Here, let me put your band aid on.”

He took my hand once again and led me to the stool. I leaped up with much more grace then the last time and he stood in front of me opening the small paper box making a tear through the dotted line. “Wait. How come it’s not colorful?” I asked him.

Whenever I need a Band-Aid I always have to make sure it has some sort of design on it. Not because I think it’s cuter or anything….okay maybe a little bit but Yoogeun will freak if he saw those plain old brown colored Band-Aid on my face. So I always make sure it has some sort of cartoons on it.

 What Tao is holding is just that. The plain old boring ones.  “I know, I know, but we ran out of those. Don’t worry though I’m way ahead of you.” I gave him a puzzling look as he gently smoothed the Band-Aid to my forehead. He reached over to his back pocket and took out a blue and yellow marker and leaned over me holding the back of my head tenderly with his left and grasping the blue marker with his right. I was taken aback with how close our bodies were to one another. I could easily see down his shirt that reveals his smooth abs and round ni-….MY GOSH WHAT AM I THINKING!? I thought to myself. I lowered my head to hide my blush but Tao let out what sounded like a suffocating whale. I think it was something along the lines of ‘sit still’ but I wasn’t sure. I peered up to find out why he was mimicking a whale and realized it was because the yellow marker was placed in his mouth. There was nothing romantic between me and Tao so I don’t know what was causing my lower half to twitch this way.  “C-c-can you h-hurry it up already!” I stuttered- My lower half slowly getting hard by the second.  “mkslf hold jlsfja on!” There that whale sound again. I don’t think it was such a good idea to rush him since now he is grasping the back of my head not so tenderly.  He switched markers to the yellow one and his eyes furrowed. “Aish what’s taking you so long?” I desperately needed to put a halt on my dirty thoughts but having his shirt sagging down revealing his abs and other identical pointy thing isn’t helping me one bit! Oh and that marker he has in his mouth is also torturing. He finally backs away but only to taunt me some more. - “Minseok-shii, you see those Baozi sitting by the counter?”

 I followed the direction where is finger was pointing at. As if I didn’t already know about its presence. The delicious smell has been torturing me ever since I walked in. But not as much as the closeness that my stupid best friend is giving me. “Yeah I see them. What of it?” “You’re not getting one” I narrowed my eyes sending him my best death glare. (Which I know is not so intimidating by past experiences of squealing girls wanting a turn to pull on my cheeks.) “That’s if you don’t stay still.” He added. I immediately perked up at his deal- bouncing up and down my seat.

“Really!? For me!?”

 “That’s IF you stay still!”

 I tuck my hands under my swiftly and tightly shutting my eyes to prevent me from peeking down his shirt. I hear a soft chuckle before he leans in again. Only this time I didn’t need to see to be distracted. My eyes widened in an instant at the sudden contact of his knee against my inner thigh.

I hold my breath and prayed to god he wouldn’t notice. ‘Baozi Baozi Baozi Baozi Baozi! Yoogeun so happy eating Bazoi, Baozi Baozi! He leaned in closer and I swore I could feel a smirk rising up from his lips. Stupid bastard panda with his deep dark compelling eyes! “Almost done~” he chirped.  He did one last of his work and right then I felt his knee nudge tightly against my…. I shoot up straight out of the stool like a rocket which made it land in a heavy bang against the wood tiled floor.

He looked at me wide eyed as if saying “What in the world is wrong you today?” and that’s exactly what followed out of his mouth in the next second. “I-uh really want those steamed buns that you promised me” I lied.

“Okay, first of all I never promised anything. Second, I said only if you stayed still and I don’t think that-” he pointed at the stool that is now lying with only 3 legs instead of four “means staying still.” He finished off. 

I looked at him straight in the eye with my best pleading eyes that I know I could pull off without fail and threw a bunch of ‘sorrys and pretty please’ here and there. My neck was starting to get sore after a moment (Stupid tall seducing Panda!) “I hate when you do that you know. Fine, I’ll give you some but at least go stand by the mirror and admire my work. It’s the least you could do after knocking off one of her legs.”

“It was your entire fault anyway” I murmured, my words almost unintelligible.

 He seemed amused by this and cocked his left eyebrow but was soon gone as fast as it rose.

He clutched my hand for the third time and preceded the way. I wondered why he kept taking my hand as If it was the first time I visited the shop. The mirror was positioned at the far right behind the counter just like it always is. Of course, it was a little too high up for my taste so I had to get on my toes to catch a glimpse of my forehead.

At that very moment as I eyed my reflection I never had such a strong urge to punch someone in the face. He knew this. I knew he was well aware of it. Now the problem is how I am supposed to punch this well-built panda that stood by my side with a smile that does not seem to be fading any time soon unless I do something about it. 

---------------------------

And that's chapter two. I have chapter 3 all done but I want to see how well this story goes before I release it. Tell me what you think please! <3 

Bye bye for now~