The Prize

10 Million Baozi

 

Chapter 16

Luhan’s POV

“Oh wait! Let’s go to the Ferris wheel after this! I want to win a prize!” My Baozi said tugging at my sleeve.

He pointed at a small booth surrounded by little kids holding bright yellow water guns and about a million stuffed animals hanging down from the walls of it.

 

I was just about to comment on how only children play those games until I saw how cute the prizes were!

 

“Okay hurry hurry! There’s only two seats available and those kids are going for them!!! Run!” I shouted and my sweet bun grabbed my hand all by his own accord for the second time today and pulled me all the way to the booth.

 

Fortunately, we made it before the two brats who ended up scowling at their stolen seats and at the perfect couple that had stolen them (that would be us) that were sticking their tongues at them.

 

“Look at our competition! We are so going to win this!” I whispered confidently.

 

My baozi tilted his head back and let out a short laugh.

 

“You mean beat the four seven year old boys and the four year old little girl at the end?” he said jokingly.

 

“Fine! But if you lose to them don’t come crying to me.”

 

My baozi smiled and rolled his eyes.

 

I scanned the prizes not knowing which one I should choose…

 

The stitch one was pretty cute.

 

Ah! I got it!

 

“Alright Kids- and the two grown-ups at the end” The announcer joked.

 

“All you have to do is shoot the water guns at the red target in front of you and two winners will win any of these cool prizes!! Are you guys ready!!?”

 

Baozi and I gripped the yellow water guns in front of us and prepared for battle. We gave each other one last intense nod and focused back on the small red dot.

 

The announcer pulled out what seemed like a small red flag and waved it in the air.

 

“GO!!”

 

I aimed at the target and shot the water as if my life depended on it.

 

And before I knew it the buzzer went off.

 

“It’s a tie!” The announcer shouted.

 

Yes!!

 

“Little girl and the young man at the end, please step up and claim your prize!”

 

Wait what!!?

 

My baozi grinned as he practically skipped off with the little girl and chose his prize.

 

I LOST TO THAT FLOWERLY PIG TAILED !!

 

Calm down Luhan, she’s just a little girl….wait… What is she doing talking to my baozi!”

 

“Baozi!!” I called out; jumping over the counter and running to his side. I clutched his arm and ‘accidentally’ glaring at the girl’ as I did.

 

But at least it worked since she ran off crying to her parents.

 

Heh. Yeah you better stay away!

 

“Which prize are you going to get?” I asked cheerfully.

 

“That one!” He said with a wide grin pointing at the fluffy panda at the top.

 

“Okay here you go!” The announcer guy said handing him the plush toy.

 

I eyed his dark circles around his eyes and for some reason they annoyed me.

 

“Why a panda?” I asked a bit more irritated for every second longer I looked into his eyes.

 

“It’s Tao’s birthday soon” My Baozi said innocently; as if it didn’t want to make me throw that stupid thing into a trash can!

 

No, that’s way too mean, why I would do that to the trash can?

 

“Luhan, you okay?”

 

“FINE!!” I barked trying to control every urge to throw that thing half away across Seoul.

 

My Baozi looked like he was about to die of suppressing his laughter so I flicked him softly in his cute forehead.

 

“Ouch! Okay, okay, I’ll win you win too!” He declared, walking to one of the empty seats.

 

“YA! Who says I want such childish and stupid toys!!” I yelled loud enough for him to hear.

 

Oh. And he heard me, but so did the two little boys sitting next to him who were now crying and running back to their

parents. Yup. They heard me loud and clear.

 

My baozi was trying so hard not to laugh as I stood their embarrassed and receiving judging looks from parents.

 

“Just come sit down!” My baozi said; patting the now empty seat next to him.

 

“Yes. Please do” The announcer sighed making me blush in the embarrassment of it all.

 

AGH! Why are you so dumb Luhan!! I scolded to myself and silently took the seat my little bun offered me.

 

“Stop pouting! I can’t concentrate and then I’ll lose!... Now tell me which one you want.” He smiled and poked my cheek.

 

“How can you lose? No one is playing!”

 

My baozi just shrugged and the announcer looked like he was about to knock us out with that little red flag in his hand.

 

“Ok. Go.” The announcer said with no life in his voice and took a seat in his own personal chair.

 

My baozi shot away full of determination.

 

I glared at the stupid panda that was now stuffed inside his bag; still you could see its dumb ears poking out. As if to mock me.

 

“Why did you have to get him the cutest one?! Why couldn’t you just have gotten him a cow or that duck over there?!” I

whined and mentally punched myself for sounding so jealous.

 

My baozi smiled as he rolled his eyes. His eye still set on the target.

 

“Ya Luhanie, what did the cow and the duck have for dinner?”

 

“Excuse me?”

 

“What did the cow and the duck have for dinner!!?” He persisted

“…….How am I supposed to kno-“

 

“Milk and quackers!”

 

And right then the buzzer went off.

 

“You are so lame!” I managed to spew out as we laughed hysterically.

 

“YA! Are you going to claim your prize or not!!” the announcer said. I think it was obvious that he wanted us to leave….

 

“Yes, my apologize sir, I want that one over there. The giant cube plush thing.” My baozi said as he pointed to his target.

 

“You need more points for th-Agh just take it.” The announcer said and shoved the plushie at my precious bun!

 

If it wasn’t for me being too distracted at my present then I sure would as hell punched that guy in the throat.

 

“For you, Oppa.” My sweet baozi joked and handed me the medium sized cube.

 

It took me about a dozen steps for me to realize what just happened.

 

My smile faded…

 

And I stopped walking.

 

“Baozi….what did you give me?”

 

“A rubix cube plush thing. You don’t like it?” My Baozi said innocently.

 

“It’s not that! I love it! I really do!” I assured him.

 

“Then what’s wro-“

“Why did you choose this one? Out of all the other ones… There were hundreds to choose from. Why this?” I waited anxiously for his answer but from the look of his face said he wasn’t sure of it himself.

 

“I don’t….I don’t know, something about it…it’s you”

 

It can’t be…

 

“Ya! Baozi! You remember me don’t you! I mean, somewhere deep down you remember me!”

 

“What are you talking ab-“

 

“The rubix cube! You gave me a rubix cube one day, so I would stop crying! And after that I played it non-stop!”

 

“…….” My little bun sighed and just looked at me like I was insane.

 

“Not everything is a sign you weirdo.” Baozi said and flicked my forehead.

 

“YA!! I’m serious!” but my baozi wouldn’t listen to me. He was too busy infatuated with the all the bubbles and bright

lights.

 

I groaned at my poor baozi’s rebel phase. Why can’t he just listen to me!

 

Not too far off I spotted the bathrooms and I had a sudden urge to go pee.

 

Must be all the water I had earlier…

 

 

“Baozi! Bun! Minseok-ah!!” I called out as I walked towards him.

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

“I need to pee.”

 

“Then go pee.”

 

“Come with me!” I said in my best aegyo but it didn’t seem to faze him.

 

“No.” he said sternly.

 

“Oppaaa….Don’t be like that.” I tried once again.

 

“Are you incapable of using a toilet?”

 

DO YOU NOT SEE I’M WORKING MY OFF FOR THIS AEGYO YOU UNGRATEFUL BRAT!

 

Okay, maybe if I try a different approach…

 

“But baby, who is going to hold this for me?” I cooed in my most seductive voice as I trailed my fingertips around his belt.

 

“First of all, um ew. And second of all THERE ARE 5 YEAR OLDS AROUND US! Get your hands off there!!’

 

I exhaled dramatically in frustration and furrowed my brows together.

 

That’s it! He’s gay! Wait no, He’s straight!!

 

“Fine! I’ll go myself! Here hold this.” I barked and shoved the plushie at him.

 

 

Halfway to the bathroom I realized that I did the exact same thing that stupid announcer did so I ran back to my precious bun and gave him a quick kiss on his puffy cheeks.

 

“I’ll be right back.” I whispered.

 

He blushed.

 

How many is that so far? Eleven?

 

Unbelievable, it only took that to make him blush! So I guess my aegyo and iness to him is just a complete fail! If I had known that I would have just kissed him a million times!

…….

After going to the bathroom to pee and vent out my frustration at a certain bun I exit out the stalls and searched the crowd for Baozi.

 

Where is he?

 

“Baozi! Baozi! Bun Bun!!!”  I called out desperately; my voice sounding more and more petrified with every sound. What if something happened to him??? 

 

 

“Minseok!” I tried again; running around like a headless chicken searching for its precious golden egg.

 

I spotted a group of girls and quickly tapped them on the shoulder.

They both turned their heads obviously annoyed, but that soon vanished when they saw my face.

 

“Have you seen a guy around my age? He’s about this tall, really cute and perfect, looks like those steamed buns you get at Chinese restaurants?!”

 

The girls just nodded their heads, still star struck.

 

Useless.

 

“BAOZI!!!” I shouted again desperately, tears springing in my eyes.

 

I was just about to go print out about ten dozen fliers and buy a speaker when I saw my sweet bun first in line at a kissing booth!! Shaking hands with none other than that stupid Kei Kei! DIDN’T I FIRE THAT IDIOT!

 

I marched toward them and I could feel the blood boiling in my veins with every step; my nails digging deeper into my skin with each intake of air.

 

I WILL MURDER THAT BUN-STEALING KEI KEI FOR KISSING MY BAOZI!

 

As soon as my bun saw me he quickly hid whatever he was holding in his hand and stuffed it in his back pocket. A stupid(yet always beautiful)  grin plastered on his face.

 

His happy go lucky expression vanished in an instant as soon as he saw my own. He glanced up at Keikei or whatever his name is and realized the situation.

 

“Wait! This looks kind of weird and all, but it isn’t what it looks like!” He held out his hands in defense.

 

I didn’t listen to a single word. It was like my ears were filled with water and I could only hear the rapid beating of my heart.

 

It hurt.

 

I grabbed onto baozi’s wrist and walked off. It took all I had to not punch the stunned and awkward look off of that Kei

Kei’s face. As if he didn’t just molest my bun.

 

“Wait!” He cried out but I couldn’t hear. Or didn’t want to hear.

 

“Can you just stop walking for like 10 seconds?” He continued, but my ears were still failing me.

 

“You’re hurting me.” I knew he was lying, he was stronger than me. But I still let his wrist go.

 

My back faced him.

 

I didn’t want him to see my tears flowing down my cheeks. My baozi looked adorable when he cries. I don’t.

 

I can’t let him see me weak.

 

 

Minseok’s POV

 

I didn’t know why I felt such the need to explain myself but I had to. Even with his back facing me I knew he was crying.

 

But I pretended as if I didn’t know. I knew how it feels to be afraid of showing your weakness. So I let him hide.

 

But still, this is ridiculous! Did he see me kiss anybody?! No!

 

“I didn’t kiss him!” right when those few words spew out of my mouth, his face instantly lit up.

 

“I was just waiting in line to say Hi.” I assured him.

 

He wiped his moist eyes with his sleeve (or rather my sleeve since he is borrowing MY clothes)

 

“Jinja? You promise?” he said sweetly and turned around to meet my eyes.

 

“I promise!” I said and held out my pinky for him to wrap his around.

 

“Now here, take your cube.” I laughed handing him the plush.

 

He grinned as he took the rubix cube from my hands and gave it a tight squeeze.

 

Heh. What’s so special about that dumb cube that he has to hug it like that.…

 

He should just ride the Ferris wheel with the cube instead!

 

“THE FERRIS WHEEL!” I exclaimed. I almost forgot.

 

“Duh! You don’t think I forgot the most important part this date did you?” He winked and held out his hand for me to take.

 

Oh right. …..I’m on a date…With Luhan…

 

I took his hand and lowered my head; an effort to hide the sudden redness of my cheeks.

 

For some reason he gives me smug look every times he catches me blushing…Almost as if he is keeping tabs on me or 

something.

 

I stole a glance at the heir of the Lu company that by some miracle is here with me.

 

For some wish upon a star he was holding my hand.

 

Calling me his Baozi.

 
 
 
A/N
 
Hey guys  ^ ^ Hope you liked the chapter. :D there is more to come. Leave comments ^ ^ 
Annyeong~