Pinkish Glow

10 Million Baozi

 

 

I didn’t think I would ever have the courage to go back there again, but it’s not like I have a choice. So then here I am- House #142 standing in front of the gates.

This is what I would picture hell to be (As if it isn’t already). Large black gates with whatever evil that awaits behind them. Not knowing what to expect, but knowing it would be something far worse you could ever imagine possible.

I didn’t want to face him, but I know I’ll have to. But this time it will be different... No way in hell will I ever go along with his orders! I won’t cower down to those eyes and be trapped in his spell. I can do this, I know I can.  I will be bold and strong just like how my father taught me and how I will one day teach Yoogeun!

“Kim Minseok, you can do this!” I took a deep breath and repeated those last 4 words in attempt to convince myself and shorten the distance between me and the gates of hell.

I could do this!

“Well of course you can, look all you have to do is click this button right here and tell them you have arrived.”

I can’t do this!!

I stared at his menacing eyes almost capturing me in their spell once again.

Almost.

I thought about Yoogeun back home and that immediately gave me whatever confidence I had left in me.

Or maybe it’s because there is a giant gate separating us.

Whatever it was, I’m grateful for it.

I gathered up all my strength to press the red button in front of me without ever breaking my glare at the wolf in sheep’s clothing.

-“Kim Minseok.” My voice for the first time coming off strong in his presence.

I waited patiently for the witch to let me in but instead got a snarky comment from her little minion.

“Come in.” His devilish grin never leaving his face as he opened the gate himself.

On the plus side I didn’t have to wait 2 hours for it to open by itself. I wonder why they can’t hire a doorman or at least throw in some spare change to make it open faster!

I went to my usual spot near the flowers without even sparing him a glance.

 Even so, the soft thuds of the feet that trailing behind me didn’t escape my notice.

The boy who never forgets to greet me every morning held his tongue. All because of a certain someone that is trailing behind me that holds the thread to his job.

If this finds out there is someone who is actually sort of nice to me, who knows what he’ll do to him.

Yup, definitely how I picture hell to be like; gates beginning to open as you lock eyes on a terrifying place where you are forced to spend all of eternity in.

 OH and of course it wouldn’t be hell if you didn’t have your own personal demon to you to it who can forget about that.

I was getting annoyed at this punk so I turned around to face him. He was a bit surprised by my sudden action but then took another step towards me.

“Yes?” He questioned enthusiastically.

“What do you think you’re doing?”

“Inspecting you.”

“By stalking me?”

“I wouldn’t call it stalking since you are the one who is in my property, more like observing you in a very professional manner.” He answered smugly.

How is it that every word that comes out of his mouth always makes me want to punch him again?

“And why are you ‘observing me’ may I ask?” I questioned in my best tone.

“To see if are well suited for a certain…..position.”

What the kind of ‘position’ is this kid talking about!? Is he planning on me!?

He smirked in amusement at my expression.

I rolled my eyes at him not even bothering to hide it from him.

“If I could buy you a plane ticket back to China I would.”

“Ah ah ah I wouldn’t say that if I were you.” He mocked sarcastically and waved his index finger around as if scolding a child.

“And why the not!? Please, enlighten me.”

He took another step and leaned into me placing his lips to my ears for the second time.

“Ever played with dolls?…Isn’t it fun how you can make it do whatever you want without ever worrying about it running away?”

 And with that he walked away brushing off my shoulder as he went.

I didn’t know where he was walking off too; I was in too much of a daze to notice anything. I just stared at the vacant space that was once occupied by him.

“I have observed you enough. Thank you.”

I heard him call out shortly before I heard the sharp sound of a door being closed.

A week has passed since then, and nothing. Not a word or a glance from him.

I know I should be jumping for joy but I’m more confused than anything….

At first I thought he was just plotting another way to intimidate me but now I’m starting to think he just got bored of playing with “toys”.

Maybe he got a new one….. A shinier one that can actually do more than just sit around waiting to be played with. And can actually talk instead of fighting back.

The week passed by rather slow; it was pretty normal and I should be used to this, I mean it’s what I’ve been doing for the past 4 years but still…Was it always like this?

Jong in came back from refilling the watering bucket for the flowers and held it out for me carefully so it wouldn’t spill.

“Thanks.” I smiled at him as I took it from his hands.

I will always be grateful to this boy, it was risky enough for him to greet me every morning for 4 years but now he’s just been knocking on death’s door by actually helping me out.

He doesn’t talk much yet but it’s still nice enjoying his company and I could always use an extra pair of hands.

He usually is inside the house since he’s one of the butlers (Because just one isn’t enough for this family) but recently he’s been taking advantage of the fact that the witch and her husband leave a couple hours earlier than usual.

As for the brat….I have no clue where he goes, I’ve never even seen him leave the house.

Did he really get bored of me…?

“Ehh….Hyung?” I hear Jongin call out in a worried tone.

I looked up at him to see what was bothering him.

“Umm…You’ve been watering the same flower for about 5 minutes now….”

I cast my eyes at the flower that is now lying flat on the dirt lifeless.

“….Oops…” I laughed humorlessly and a bit embarrassed.

“Want me to take it from here?” He asked in concern.

“It’s fine, I got it.”

“No too bad.”

And before I could stop him he grabbed the pail from my hands and got to work.

He was a lot better than me at this…I bet if he was in charge of the garden it would actually start to look like a garden.

But I can’t just sit around and do nothing I can’t stand feeling useless.

Jongin noticed me being a bit uncomfortable with his help and sighed.

“Why don’t you go make the beds upstairs?”

I stared at him in disbelief as if he was crazy.

Did he really just tell me to go inside the house!? I’m pretty sure all the workers know that I’m not allowed to step foot inside let alone touch things!

“Relax! nobody’s home anyway. It’ll take like 10 minutes. ‘Sides, aren’t you a little curious what the inside of the house looks like?” he winked at me as he nudged my shoulder.

“No! I couldn’t care less and I happen to care for my life thank you very much.” Okay maybe the first part isn’t entirely true; curiosity has been eating me alive ever since I started working here….

“It’s just making the beds it’s not like I’m asking you to trash the place! Oh c’mon I dare you.”

 “Did you seriously just dare me Jongin!? What are you 5?”  I joked and softly slapped his head.

“No I’m 6.” He winked “And I told you to call me Kai!”

“You told me your name was Jongin!” I waved my hands around dramatically

“Yeah and I also said you can call me KAI!”

Can! You said ‘can’ meaning I have a choice.”

“Okay how about this: Hey my name is Jongin, and you better ing call me Kai!”

… I take it back what I said about being grateful. I preferred him when he wasn’t talking.

“You’re insane.” I assured him as I snatched the pail from his hands.

He quickly snatched it back but not before it spilled all over my shirt and pants.

“C-c-COLD!!!”

I wasn’t able to hear myself since Kei or whatever he wants me to call him was too busy falling to the dirt laughing his off.

“Y-YA!! J-J-JONGIN!”

He didn’t pay attention to me and continued laughing instead.

I picked up the pail from the floor and poured out the contents of it all over him making him squeal at the cold in the process.

It was my turn to laugh now as I watched him squirm and yell out “S-! IT’S COLD!”

He glared at me and then let out a devious grin as he pulled out the hose that was hidden in the grass.-

“No. No no no Jongin please no” I pleaded and laughed nervously as he turned the knob for the water to run.

“My name is Kai.” And with that the pressured water launched at my direction drenching me completely.

I was at first stunned by the freezing water that hung over my clothes but that quickly vanished as I saw the opportunity to snatch the hose from his grasp as he stood their laughing. And I didn’t hesitate to do so.

The expression in his eyes turned to terror as I aimed the hose towards him

“M-minseok Wai-!” I spared him no mercy and made sure to soak every dry spot I could find.

I laughed uncontrollably the kind of laugh where your stomach starts hurting and you’re left gasping for air. Well maybe I was left gasping for air because a 130 pound boy tackled me to the floor fighting for the hose. 

“Agh! Get off me!” I shouted in between laughs as I fought for the hose; jets of water launching into the air and shooting back down towards us.

It took all my strength to pin him to the ground and snatched the hose aiming it at his face as he squirmed like a worm to be fee from my grasp.

“YA seokie!” He laughed and spit out the water at me that managed to slip in his mouth.

Suddenly I found myself frozen over a motionless body with eyes wide open in fear at something that was standing right above me.

 “K-Kai? You oka-” I started but was cut short by the sweet voice of a demon.

“Oh please continue, I didn’t mean to interrupt.”

I stood their staring at the boy under me with a horrified expression and it was as if I was looking into a mirror.

‘Get off’ he mouthed under me and I instantly followed his orders.

I’m going to die. We’re both going to die.

I took a peek at his eyes and immediately regretted it when I did.

“You come with me. And you….Clean this and go home.”

I didn’t know who he was referring to but I begged to all the gods in the sky that I would be the one who gets to go home.

Then again, luck was never really on my side.

I winced at the strong pressure of a grip around my wrist and felt myself being dragged away.

I took one last look at Kai who stood there on the mud surrounded by lifeless flowers with guilt in his eyes as he watched me be dragged away.

I didn’t realize at first where he was taking me I was too busy worrying over my endangered life and what ‘go home’ meant. Did he fire Kai?

I heard the slamming of the door behind me which made me jump in surprise.

I looked at my surroundings and gasped.

My eyes felt like they wanted to jump out of their sockets at the sites. If I thought the outside was breathtaking then this was something far greater than that…..way greater.

I took everything in as I stood there: Beautiful paintings that brightened the walls; A ceiling that was decorated with a mural of baby angels playing music that was accompanied by a large crystal chandelier. The grand stairs that seem to go on forever along with endless hallways that spiraled around the edge of the main room. All the rooms looked down to the center of the house on which I stood. At first glance someone would think it was a hotel.

And….Is that an elevator I see?! I guess you would need one if your house is has three floors!

One of the maids came out of one of the rooms in the second floor and looked down at me in confusion from the balcony.

He shot her a warning look and he pulled me along more harshly up the stairs.

I’m pretty sure I saw an elevator down there!! What the is wrong with this kid!?

“Hurry up!” he spat as he yanked on my wrist.

We finally made it up to the third floor and I wished he could have given me at least a few moments for me to catch my breath but of course he just kept dragging me along like a rag doll until we reached a room and he then shoved me in it.

I didn’t get a chance to scan his room since he pinned me against the door before I got a chance to.

“Care to explain?”  his warm and sweet breath hitting my face leaving me in a daze.

“No.” I responded weakly avoiding his eyes.

“And why is that?” he asked calmly.

“Because I shouldn’t have to.”

“Ahh….But the mess outside says otherwise.”

Okay maybe that was bit too careless on my part….

“What’s wrong? Witch got your tongue?”

I wish he would just stop talking about my tongue.

“….”

“Let’s find out, shall we.” He smirked as he leaned in closer.

“NO!” I shouted trying to free myself from his grasp.

“Aww baby stop pretending that you don’t like this. Or perhaps you want to switch roles since that’s what you were doing with your little friend.”

“Jealous?” I challenged.

“HA! How cute. I just don’t like people touching my stuff.”

Lips slammed onto mines seeking for entrance almost immediately.  He freed one of my hands only to lock them both with his left; pinning them above my head.

I felt his frustration rising up as I refused to give him entrance and then felt his right hand palm my crotch. I let out a loud moan and he took the chance to slid his tongue inside me.

His hands massaging my over my jeans, the rough denim only serving to and I hated to admit it but it felt so good! I could just right then and there at his touch.

I couldn’t help it, I felt my lower area getting harder and harder as the seconds passed begging for it to be free from the rough fabric of my pants.

I didn’t want him to unpin me from the door; it’s the only excuse I had left in me for not fighting back even though a child could break free from his now soft hold.

He broke away from the kiss only to eye my bulge that was clearly visible from my jeans and a grin spread across his face.

“I think someone wants to come out to play” He slid his tongue back inside only this time….I responded.

I swirled my tongue along with his tasting the sweetness of his mouth wanting more and more. My body getting hotter and hotter as I felt him ing my jeans. His fingertips slowly brushing over my that was still restrained under one more layer of fabric.

His teasing was getting unbearable as I let out a second moan this time of pure pleasure and ecstasy.

“Impatient are we now?”

I stared at his beautiful features with lustful eyes feeling saliva drip from the corner of my mouth.

He eyed it hungrily and it off with his tongue only to stick it back in my mouth that was craving for more.

He tugged at the hem of my boxers but then stopped to let go of my hands.

 My only leverage:  gone.

He grabbed my hand and placed it on his crotch for me to feel.

It was just as hard as mine if not harder!

My mouth beginning to water as I eyed his bulge.

He forced me to tighten the hold of his and a lustful moan escaped his lips.

I was taken aback by this but more by the sight of his teary eyes that were filled with absolute pleasure.

It was the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen….I could just let him take me-

NO!! I will not do this!!!

I launched at him; tackled him on the floor; his expression bewildered as I trapped him under me.

His childish laugh echoing across the room as I tickled him; Tears escaping his eyes.

“S-stop it!” he managed to spurt out in between laughs.

I watched him squirm under my hands and for a second there he wasn’t a demon or a wolf or whatever name I have called him since then.

Just Luhan.

I figured he had had enough so I stopped; His face still covered in a bright smile as his eyes captured mines.

It went silent after that….He kept his gaze on me and for a moment I had the feeling he wasn’t looking at just some toy but me.

Just me.

It was too fast for me to notice since he quickly turned his face away….But I could have sworn a pinkish glow spread throughout his cheeks tainting his otherwise flawless complexion. A swell of warmth complementing the softness of his skin.

Was he blushing?

I cleared my throat awkwardly and carefully got off him; being extra cautious not to hurt him.

Something about this made him look fragile and unguarded.

He sat up soundlessly; his gaze fixed onto the floor embarrassed.

Something round and plump sitting on a small secluded shelf caught my attention.

It was like….an onion? Or some sort of dumpling…?

Whatever it was, the plushy was strikingly familiar….Like it was something that was once very precious to me.

Luhan became aware of what I was staring at and in a flash he stood in front of the small white shelf hiding the round plushy that was now pressed against his back.

+++++++++++++

 

I couldn’t help but laugh. He reminded me of Yoogeun when he got caught doodling on the walls and then grabbed the crayons to hide them behind his back.

Their flustered expressions almost identical which made me laugh even more.

And this time for sure I knew that the sudden hue of crimson that flushed his cheeks once again wasn’t just my mind playing tricks on me.

….Cute.

I heard the booming voice of the witch downstairs calling for Luhan to explain the mess outside and a rush of panic washed over me.

I looked at him with pleading eyes and mouthed ‘Help’ as the sound of stomping heels grew louder and louder near the room.

He gave me one last long look and sighed. I saw him grab the onion plushy and stuffed it in his back pocket heading towards the door.

“Count to 40 and leave. Don’t get caught.”

I heard the soft click of a door being shut…..

And the crashing waves of confusion drowning my mind as I sat there on the floor taking it all in.

A wolf sparing the life of a lamb.

 

…..

Ain’t that a first.

 

 


A/N

Xiumin is finallly showing some interest for Luhan! About time! Hope you like the new character ;D. (It was originally going to be Mir but I guess I should keep it all in the Exo family.)

This chapter took me forever to write, I wasn't happy with alot of scenes so I had to rewrite it all.>< 

That plushy is going to be important so don't forget about it (i'm pretty most of you caught on that it's not an onion/dumpling buta Baozi) XD

Here's my fail attempt of using microsoft paint for the plushy:

Oh and before I forget, Thank you so much for all the sweet asks from tumblr! <3

And to my subscribers:

Annyeong~