An Ugly Couch

10 Million Baozi

 

 

Minseok’s Point of view

 

I stare up at the leader’s eyes trying so terribly hard to force my tears back and keep myself from crumbling down. I feel the presence of the boy I love from behind me.

 

I can't die yet! I never even got to say I love you.

 

I think of all of his preys that were probably slaughtered with that same gun in his hand. All I know is, His next prey will not be him. Right now, that next victim needs to be me.

 

I shudder at the thought but quickly calmed down as I reminded myself that it would be me instead of him.

 

In the pit of my stomach is fear, in my heart is fear, even in my head there's nothing but fear.

 

 

“Luhannie?” I spoke softly.

 

Silence.

 

I want to tell him how it’s going to be fine. How i’m not scared one bit...

 

 

 

Why do I lie so much?

 

I am scared, more than scared, even more than terrified.

 

Please let’s get this over with before I die from this unbearable fear.

 

Summer winds will soon be gone and fall will start anew.

 

I feel the cold of the metal ring pressed lightly onto my forehead; my eyes wide taking in my last scenery.

 

A tear streaked down my cheek.

Giving one last tight hold on my boyfriends hand.

 

"That's enough, lets go!"

 

Without a second breath my hand is being yanked and pulled along the shop by the gray haired boy in excruciating force.

 

 

I didn’t question why we were running. Or why my hand is being held by the the strange haired boy that came into my life just a few minutes ago and not the one I knew for what seemed like forever.

 

All I could think about is the fact that I’m alive.

 

My last view of luhan was him sitting in the chestnut coffee table staring straight at me with a blank face.

 

The man with the gun following along side me.

Something tells me he wasn’t really planning on shooting me.

 

 

....it took my head to be forcefully pushed down and it being slammed inside the car window to process what's happening.  

 

I was being kidnapped.

 

My blood on the car window and the reflection of the grey haired boy leaning his lips into my ear was the last thing I remembered before slipping into unconsciousness.

 

"Don't worry, You won't die just yet xiumin"

 

 

…......

 

 

….......

 

 

It felt like hours have passed since I was left out cold. My mind growing fuzzy as I try to gain back conciousness. I could hear the faint whispers of that familiar yet intimidating voice in the distance.

 

I tried opening my eyes but I quickly shut them back as I felt the excruciating pain on the right side of my head. only catching a brief glimpse of a faded floral pattern cloth. I’m guessing it’s the couch that I’m lying on.

 

 

Who knows. Who cares. I just want to go home and not lying down on this ugly couch.

 

The sunlight bathed my skin as I lay on my side and the voices only got louder; more audible.

 

What happened a few hours ago was something I didn’t want to deal with right now but the thoughts bit at my brain, forbidding me to go back to sleep and after a while I just gave up.

 

“Sehun! Why on earth would you kidnap him! That wasn’t part of the plan! All you had to do was threaten him to leave Master Luhan alone!”

 

A voice from what sounded like the upstairs floor broke out.

 

Ahh... So the gray haired boy is named sehun.... didn’t expect such a normal name.

 

“Trust me Baekhyun, He’s not as easy to manipulate than he looks. It’ll take more than any offer of money or even a fake bullet to the head to shake some sense into him.”

 

“So you kidnapped him?”  I heard the so called boy named Baekhyun retort.

 

“Precisely.”

 

“Perfect. Now what? Should I our new guest to his new room or should I cook him some breakfast first?”

 

The thought of scrambled eggs and bacon made my stomach growl.

 

“Well he’s not going to live off the air is he!?” Sehun said in annoyance.

 

“I can’t believe this. I’m going for a walk.”

 

Soon after, the room shook with the matching down of footsteps down the stairs. I tried my best to pretend that I was still sleeping and not eavesdropping.

 

"Stop dirtying the couch with your blood you filth!"  Baehyun barked before slamming the door behind him.

 

I frowned at the sound.

No need to be so overly dramatic kiddo!

 

I rolled my eyes trying to get up slowly by putting pressure in my arms for support so I won't collapse back down. I winced at the pain as I lifted my head.

 

I regained hope as I noticed the white cloth that was stained with dark blotches of red.

 

At least they didn't leave me out to bleed to death. I laughed humorously.

 

My vision is a bit blurry but is slowly getting better.

 

 

 

I took in the cluttered mess of the room......well It could have been worse. Like some dungeon with a dragon in it or something.

 

There was barely any light seeping through except for the medium sized window in the front. The walls were nothing but grey and full of cracks that matched the floors.

 

It would have looked like just a big grey box if it wasn't for all the junk that was cramped with each other, fighting for their own place.

 

The white tables and desks that looked idly misplaced was filled with documents and other random objects like telescopes, globe, clocks, and every other knicknacks I could think of..

 

Great. The owner is a hoarder.

 

I attempted to stand up right but was instantly shot back down by my immense headache.

 

A soft arm wrapped around my waste preventing me from lying back down; making me shiver at the touch.

 

"Carefull. You don't want to make it worse." The anxious voice said.

 

"Sehun." I muttered in surprised.

 

The gray haired boy was taken aback by the sound of his name.

 

"I don't remember saying my name yet....did Luhan ever tell you?"

 

I shook my head indicating he was wrong and immediately felt bad for eavesdropping.

 

Then I remember that i'm I don't know- being kept hostage since I was rudely abducted and had a gun aimed at my forehead!

 

"I heard the other guy say your name" I said simply with no guilt whatsoever.

 

"Oh....."

…..

 

 

There was an awkward pause and sehun but his lip looking at all directions not knowing what to do.

 

Still feeling his arm wrapped around my waist made me roll my eyes and sigh.

 

"Are you ever going to get your hands off me or are you just going to keep holding me like that" I ed, obviously too tired to deal with this.

 

Sehun recoiled his arm and scratched his neck sheepishly.

 

He cleared his throat. I guess to hide his embarrassment or something.

 

Sehun looked at the couch and I could tell he was thankful that he found a way to clear the awkward atmosphere.

 

"Clean your mess." He said pointing to the wretched dirty couch before heading off back upstairs.  

 

No. NONONONONONO!

There is no way in hell! that I’m going to follow the orders of this prick!

 

"MY BLOOD IS PROBABLY THE CLEANEST THING ON THERE!" I shouted after him and groaned.

....

....

 

 

All my fear of this stupid boy with his dumb streaks of gray hair vanished by now since I’m so down right pissed off!

 

I sat on the plain chair after knocking down all the useless junk that is now scattered on the gray cement.

 

After a while, I contemplated whether or not it was a good idea that I threw a bucket of cold water on the couch to supposedly "clean" my mess....

 

I mean, he did give me a rag to stop the bleeding....

 

 

Whatever It's still an ugly couch! If anything, I made it slightly better.

 

Luhan would probably find a way to light it on fire if someone ordered him to clean such hideous piece of furniture, so they should be grateful!

 

 

The thought of my boyfriend made me uneasy.

What if they did something to him?

 

No. They couldn't have. Baekhyun said it wasn't part of the plan!

 

I buried my face in my hands; trying so hard not to just break down into sobs.

 

I’m tired. Why can’t I just go home.

 

Why do I have to clean such ugly couches.

 

Luhan, yoogeun.... don't worry too much. I'll be home soon.

 

I silently prayed for luhan not to forget to feed my little brother and himself.

 

but then the feeling of paranoia washed through me again when I recalled what state my apartment is in.

 

Who am I kidding! He can't even make decent toast without burning down the whole kitchen!!

 

Which is exactly what happened last week...

 

The kitchen needed remodeling anyway~

 

His words made me smile despite the condition I was currently in.

....

 

Ok time to get the hell out of here.

 

I sat up from my chair, wiping away any tears that managed to escape and headed quietly to the front door.

 

I turned the knob that looked like it was about to fall right off and deteriorate to ashes.

 

Nothing.

 

What the hell!? I turned the knob with much more force and well, I was right.

It broke.

 

I threw the piece of rusted copper to the floor, not giving any ounce of of how much noise I'm making and headed to the only window on the opposite side of the room.

 

"Don't bother, every opening in this house has an automated security lock on it."

 

I turned around and there he was standing on the foot of the stairway; giving me a smug look and brushing his hair away from his forehead with his hand.

 

Sehun.

 

 

I crossed my arms over my chest and shifted my weight to my left leg.

 

Automated lock? You’re telling me that this worn down box of cement has an automated lock installed? Bull.

 

"And what if I break down the glass?"

I threatened; hoping to sound somewhat intimidating.

 

"Simple. I'll just have to kill you." He smiled, and I gulped.

 

I didn't let his threat phase me. at least I acted like it didn't.

 

"You wouldn't kill me." I attacked.

 

Sehun took a step down the stairs and walked over to me, his eyes sparkling with amusement as he leaned over to whisper on my ear for the second time.


"Don't tempt me."  

 

 

 

 

A/N

 

will double update in a bit. ^ ^ Sorry for the wait.