Glass Wall

10 Million Baozi

 

I began to pick up my pace as I went down the stairs, my steps sounding throughout the hallway, manic and loud and echoing.

“I’m so sorry Mr. and Mrs. Choi” I called out as I passed their apartment door.

I wouldn’t be surprised if I get kicked out of my apartment with all the noise I made in the past two hours.

No sooner than I had jumped the last two steps did I feel another body collide with mine, temporarily stealing my breath as I fell backwards onto the hard cement along with the careless person who ran into me.

I turned to see if he was okay but was met with those doe-like eyes…only this time they seemed distant….almost hurt.…..

It was almost like before when he realized he was wrong about me….

Panic washed over me. My heart felt like it was getting squeezed out of my chest as I studied those pained eyes. And there it was again, that feeling only he could make me feel. And I hated it.

Luhan, how can you do this to me?

“I should probably be used to this by now.” He said bitterly.

He pulled himself up from the floor; brushing away the dirt from his jeans .

He avoided eye contact as he held out his hand for me to grab.

I hesitated for a moment and took his hand sheepishly.

I don’t know why but for some reason I expected him to keep holding my hand in his. It’s what he would usually do isn’t it? For him to intertwine our fingers and watch the heat slowly rise to my cheeks. Swaying our hands back and forth; occasionally laughing at my embarrassment. But that wasn’t it, he let go of my hand the second I regained my balance.

It was all me, I’m the one who yearns for his touch.

My little brother flashed through my mind…Yoogeun!

Did he give Yoogeun his juice!?…..He wouldn’t leave him out to dehydrate would he?

Omg! What if he opened the window or something? Yoogeun would fall in and die!

 “Where’s Yoogeun?” I asked anxiously; my expression flooding with concern.

He pointed his finger at a three year old boy that was struggling to reach the coin slot on the vending machine.

I let out a sigh of relief as I made out my little brothers face.

“See? I’m not dumb enough to do that. You should give me more credit.”

Everything felt like it stopped. As in time itself stopped ticking. I could no longer hear the leaves of the trees rustling outside the building; no longer hear the opening and closing of the cars parked outside. Nothing.

 My heart stopped and my body froze.

He was there….at the rooftop.

“Do you like him?”

“Of course not! He has chicken scratch hand-writing and he thinks I look like a steamed meat bun!”

“Yeah. What was I thinking! You’re not dumb enough to fall for that!”

“You should give me more credit!”

……

He locked eyes with me for the first time since I bumped into him.

Words couldn’t even begin to describe how I felt that moment. I knew it. He was hurt. All because of me.  My heart felt like it was going to come out of my throat, As if someone punched me in the stomach; knocking away every breath from my lungs. My mind fogged up and my eyes felt heavy with swallowed tears.

Butterflies swirling in your stomach, Stolen glances, sweaty palms, passionate kisses as well as soft ones, heart beating twice as usual, whispering sweet nothings into each other’s ears, ‘I Love Yous’.

I wanted it all.

I didn’t know what I was thinking. The fact is…I wasn’t.  Like always I wanted to take away any pain he was feeling. Any heart ache, any wound, any painful memories…I wanted to take it all. I knew why. I always knew why, but I couldn’t bring myself to admit it.

How could I?

But that didn’t stop me from wrapping my arms around him and burying my face at the crook of his neck.

“I guess were both kind of dumb then huh?” I spoke softly against the warmth of his smooth skin.

 

I always thought a hug was just a hug. Nothing more and nothing less. But that was before I met him. That was before I knew I could feel these kinds of strange emotions within me.

I can feel the life in him, the blood pumping in his veins, and the warm breath coming off his lips. I could feel his heart beating in an uncontrollable pace and I couldn’t help but smile.

Can a simple hug really do so much?

He was hesitant for a moment but I soon felt his arms wrap tightly around me. Almost as if he was never going to let me go. And I didn’t want him to.

“Yeah, I guess we are.” He laughed heartily.

His quiet laughter was like the soft tinkles of bells. It sparkled like a splash of water in the sunlight making my heart beat in the same rhythm as his.

I knew I had to break away. But for once I wanted to be selfish. I wanted to make this moment last for as long I could stretch it for.  

I’m glad he didn’t ask why, I wouldn’t know what to tell him.

…..

He’ll figure me out.

….

How did I not notice a three year old trying to nudge it’s way between the opening of our legs, I don’t know.  But there he was forcing his small head to try to get pass.

“I want a hug too!!!” He shouted; sending weak blows at Luhan’s thigh.

“Then why didn’t you say so! Here we go!!!” Luhan sang picking up Yoogeun in the air and swinging him around in a circle ending it in a tight hug.

Yoogeun squirmed under his tight embrace.

“I want daddy!” Yoogeun cried.

“Daddy….” Luhan repeated and shot me a look of confusion.

Yeah….I should probably explain that to him later.

“Nope, too bad. daddy’s too busy to take care of you right now.” He said tapping his small round nose.

 I looked back at the deer-like blonde sending him a look that read ‘what the hell are you talking about?’

“WAE?” Yoogeun roared.

“Because he’s too busy taking care of me. Guess who’s sleeping over Yoogeun-ah.”

“WHAT?” I shouted in disbelief.

“There is no way in hell that you’re sleeping o-“I didn’t even have time to finish for he was already off running towards my apartment.

“First one to the door is a rotten baozi!” He called out playfully.

Don’t worry Yoogeun-ah he’s not stayi-“

And there goes my little brother laughing away as he chased after him.

“Wait up Lulu appa! I won’t lose!!.....what’s a baozi?”

Great.  I have to babysit two brats tonight.

“Hurry up daddy! Or you’ll end up being a rotten bazo” Yoogeun yelled over the endless rows of doors.

“Yeah, daddy hurry up!” Luhan shrilled before turning the corner with yoogeun on his trail.

I don’t know what’s scarier….Him sleeping over, or the fact that he called me daddy.

 

“So.” He said after I closed the door of my apartment.

“I’m guessing that’s your room.” He pointed at the only door at the end of the hallway.

No .

“Well, I’m going to need a change of clothes and a toothbrush so….I’ll guess I’ll just share yours.” He smiled at my obviously uncomfortable stance.

Oh no. This can’t be good. Luhan sharing my clothes!? That means he has to take off his own clothes first! And then he’ll be under MY clothes! And where would he sleep? I don’t have a couch so that means he’ll have to be in my room.

No no no this can’t be happening to me!

Wait, He wouldn’t try anything with Yoogeun around would he?

But what if he makes Yoogeun sleep on the floor and then we would have the whole bed to ourselves….

“Appa are you sick? Your cheeks are red!” Yoogeun whimpered with worried eyes.

“Yeah Appa! are you sick?!” Luhan mocked; placing his hand over my forehead.

“Do not call me that!” I growled and shook away his hand violently.

“Yeah! Appa’s mine!” Yoogeun growled and stuck out his tongue at him before clinging on my leg like a koala.

Happy to know that my little brother is on my side again.

“Don’t you have your own house?” And a very nice one at that if I may add.

“Ya! You hear that Yoogeun-ah? You’re daddy wants me to go home by myself at night!”

“Please.” I scoffed.

He could just call a taxi or better yet I’m pretty sure he has his own private jet to take him to his house any way.

Luhan dug into his pocket and scooped up what seemed like a small rock wrapped in burgundy tin foil.

“I got candy.” He grinned as he waved the candy in the air.

Yoogeun immediately un-latched himself from my leg and took Luhan’s hand dragging him to the room.

“So this over here is daddy’s room, and this is my-“

Luhan peered over his shoulder and stuck his tongue at me singing ‘mehrong!’

I want candy…..

……



 

I followed closely behind taking weary steps to my room.

Even though it was plain along with heaps of clothes and toys that were scattered around the floor, somehow, the room felt a lot brighter with him there.

It was no longer just a room but more like something I could call home.

All because of him.

I smiled at Luhan who looked like a puppy entering his new home.

Even though there was obviously not much to see; just a bed and a night stand, he still wondered around curiously and touched everything he laid eyes on.

I watched him as he traced the patterns of the blanket; the lamp; the worn out books at the edge of the room; every sight and every scent, he explored it all.

“It’s perfect.” He said finally; flashing his pearly white smile that would just about make anyone melt on the spot.

“Err, yeah.” I said a bit embarrassed and scratched the back of my neck awkwardly trying my best to avoid his gaze.

Luhan grinned and picked up Yoogeun who obviously couldn’t stand another minute being awake and gave him a hard kiss on his cheek; positioning him lightly on the bed.

Yoogeun watched him with curiosity as he circled around the opposite side of the bed crawling in next to him.

“Do you know what time it is yoogeun-ah?” He asked him in a childish voice.

“Sweepy time?” Yoogeun yawned softly as he rubbed his eye.

“Aniyo, It’s….STORY TIME!!!” Luhan cheered waving his arms around his head.

Of course I had to laugh along with Yoogeun.

“But it can’t be story time if you don’t get your …..” He finished the last part in his ear.

What’s he saying?

Yoogeun let out his three year old grin and motioned his hand for me to sit on the bed.

“Come lay down with us Appa!”

Oh. So that’s what the condition was.

I made my way awkwardly to the foot of the bed and slowly let my head fall gently on the pillow.

It was a bit crowded but that’s what you expect when you try to fit three people on a full size bed.

“Okay is everybody ready?!” Luhan clapped eagerly.

How is it that everything that comes out of his mouth makes it almost impossible to fight back my smile?

From the looks of it, he’s even more excited than Yoogeun.

I clapped and cheered along the two of them not caring how ridiculous we might sound.

I waited patiently for him to get comfortable to begin his ‘story time’ but he was too busy scowling at Yoogeun.

“You sure you want to be in the middle Yoogeun-ah?” Luhan pouted.

“Yeh.”

“Are you positively absolutely sure!!?”

“yeh.”

“I have more cand-“

“Luhan. How about that story?” I cut him off before he managed to buy my little brother with sweets.

“Alright alright…..Once upon a time there was a baozi who wa-“

“What’s a bazo?” Yoogeun questioned for the second time.

“Well maybe if you didn’t rudely interrupt me you would know huh cutie.”

Yoogeun shot him the cutest glare as he continued his story.

“So there was this Baozi who was the most roundest and fluffiest baozi of all-“

“So he was fat.” I added.

“No, he was fluffy a-“

“So in other words fat.”

“Yeah fine he was fat you happy!!?” Luhan shouted in annoyance.

I bit my lip attempting to hold in my laughter.

“I don’t like this story.” Yoogeun mumbled reaching for his tattered deer plushy.

“And I don’t like your plushy.”  Luhan fired back flicking the doll on its eye that was hanging by a loose thread.

Yoogeun snarled and raised his child-like fist at his direction.

“Play nice.” I scolded him cupping his fist with mines.

“Meeehhhrooong!” Luhan squawked at Yoogeun sticking out his tongue as he placed his index fingers on the opposite sides of his cheeks.

I shared a look with my little brother and soon after we pushed Luhan off the bed and shouted “MEHRONG!”

It was silent…..….did we kill him?

I crawled my way to the opposite side of the bed and peeked my head at the edge only to be attacked by a crazed Bambi.

He launched at me making me fall back on the bed with him on top of me.

“AGH! You’re heavy!!!” I laughed hitting him playfully on his back.

The sound of someone laughing shook the walls it wasn’t long till I realized that was me. I was the one making that sound.

‘St-Stop!” I said laughing with tears escaping my eyes as he tickled me

After a few short seconds he stopped.

And it was just like before, in his room where we barely knew each other’s names, where he filled me up with lies about how I’m just a toy, and how I filled his with lies of him being nothing but a nuisance.

Elbows laying softly on the opposite sides of my head tracing my eyebrow with his thumb.

Eyes gazing on mines lovingly, and I hated it that I couldn’t turn away. Instead I stood their frozen begging for him to do what I think he was going to do. He can’t know. I can’t let him know that this feeling was mutual.

It was just like how I feared it would be. Our bodies entangled in this dully lit room as a wide grin spread across his face. That same smile that sent my heart racing and mind go blank. That same smile on which I love.

From the corner of my eye I notice Yoogeun getting up to his feet on the bed.

“PWEPARE FOR THE TWICKLE MONSTER!!!” 

Luhan smiled taking one quick look at him and then back at me…..and then he kissed me.

It was a short and fast kiss but that didn’t stop my heart from skipping beats or sending shivers down my spine.

It didn’t stop that foolish grin from reaching my eyes or the craving of wanting more.

It didn’t stop it. Not one bit. And I didn’t want it to.

Yoogeun jumped on top of Luhans back biting everything he could set his teeth on.

….



 

I don’t know how much time has passed with the three of us laughing and fooling around like lunatics but the sound of a broom hitting against the ceiling from the upstairs room made us realize some people aren’t having as much fun as we are.

“That means bed time.” I sighed pinching Yoogeun’s cheek.

“Aww cmon! A few more minutes!” Luhan joked hitting the mattress like a child.

“Yeah 5 more minutes!!” Yoogeun whined.

I shot Luhan a look pleading for a little help. He seemed to have got it since he let out a sigh and picked up Yoogeun tucking him under the covers.

“But I don’t want to go to bed!!” Yoogeun yawned.

“but it’s bed time yoogeun-ah and we’re sleepy…” I said brushing his bangs away from his forehead.

“But I’m not.” Yoogeun pouted.

I looked at Luhan for help and he nodded.

He cleared his throat and softly inhaled.

 His angelic voice filled the room leaving me to melt in the sound. Leaving me to feel the warmth that filled me up inside. Every note, every breath, and every hum was like pouring alcohol in a fire.

He was slowly starting to crack that wall of glass I try so desperately to hide under. Soon it will shatter to millions of pieces leaving me vulnerable. He’ll know everything if he doesn’t already.

Does he already see me behind that glass? Have I already been exposed? Or does he only a mere reflection of himself.

As soon as he hummed the last note Yoogeun was already fast asleep.  He brushed away his bangs and gave him a soft kiss on his forehead.

“He looks like you. Sort of” He said softy; cautious not to wake him.

“He looks more like his mom.” I was taken aback by how sad my tone was so I cleared my throat.

“Yeah, about that…..why does he call you daddy?” he finally asked. I could tell he’s been bottling up this question ever since he laid eyes on him.

“I’ll tell you tomorrow.” I didn’t want to take an risks of Yoogeun hearing me and it’s kind of a long story that I don’t really like to go into, especially not with him.

Luhan smiled as the last words came out of my mouth. His smile even reached his eyes again making the butterflies in my stomach run wild.

He slowly got off the bed grabbing two pillows along with the extra blanket that was hanging from the edge of the bed.

I watched him attentively as he placed the pillows on the floor.

“You’re actually going to sleep on the floor?” I asked in astonishment.

“Nope. We both are.”

What! That means we’ll be alone.

“Don’t worry I won’t molest you….Well, I’ll try my best not to.”

He must have noticed my horrified expression since he let out a laugh that was short lived.

“I’m Kidding!!....Or am I?”

“Have you always been this annoying?”

“You should know.”

I rolled my eyes at his response.

Right. I should know but for some reason I can’t.

Luhan let his head fall on the pillow and turned his body sideways motioning me to join him.

“Please.” He begged; giving me those puppy eyes that no one can resist.

I hesitated for a moment but I soon gave in.

The floor wasn’t so bad. It was definitely more comfortable than sleeping cramped up on the bed but those big doe-like eyes that were watching me with such tender and care made it really hard for me to find sleep.

I made the mistake of locking my eyes with his.

Why did you have to be so beautiful.

Why couldn’t you be like any other uptight jerk.

Why did you have to make it so easy to fall for you.

“I don’t know anything about you.” He spoke no louder that a whisper. His gaze no longer loving but now sad and ashamed.

Suddenly his words from earlier flashed through my mind

“HIS NAME IS KIM MINSEOK; HE IS 22 YEARS OLD; BLOOD TYPE B; HE’S ALWAYS WRAPPED UP IN BANDAGES; HE HAS THE CUTEST SMILE AND SMALLEST HANDS! HIS FAVORITE FOOD IS ICE CREAM AND HE LIKES TO DRINK MILK! HE’S SCARED OF THE DARK AND OF MONSTERS! HE LIKES LOOKNG AT THE STARS AND MAKING WISHES ON THEM; HE DOESN’T LIKE ANY VEGTABLES AND HE LIKES TO MAKE WEIRD FACES! HE’S KIND OF SHORT AND HE SNEAKS IN CANDY BEFORE HIS MEAL AND LIKES TO PLAY WITH BUGS! AND HE ALSO LOOKS LIKE A BAOZI!”

He was right, He didin’t know anything about me, I wasn’t that same 8 year old little boy from his memory anymore. People grow up, they change. I changed.

He looked like he was on the verge of tears. If only there was something I could do to make him smile again…..

I can think of many things but not one that won’t give me away.

“Hey. look at me that's not true. I may not be scared of monsters any more but I'm still not comfortable with the dark that much. And I do like ice cream with milk not as much as before but I still like it. And I still make wishes on stars! You got that one right…..Oh, And between you and me…”

I leaned over and whisperd softly in his ear.

“I really do have the cutest smile.”

And there it was. I brought back that sweet beautiful smile that I have been addicted to since day one.

“Oh but you definitely got one thing majorly wrong.”

“Oh yeah, and what’s that?” he asked payfully

“I do not and repeat not look like a Baozi!”

Our laughter filled the air but was cut short after the sound of my little brother groaning.

For a while we just laid there on the floor looking into each other’s eyes; hearing only the soft but un-even breath come and go. No one said anything.

Luhan soon broke the silence with a question.

And how could I refuse someone who looks so vunerable and scared.

How could I say anything other than yes as I look into those beautiful doe-like eyes.

Can I hug you.

He shyly moved closer into me nuzzling his face onto my chest. I wrapped my arm lightly around his neck resting it on his shoulder.

A pinkish glow spread through out his cheeks. and I followed soon after.

“Goodnight Baozi.” He muttered shyly and closed his eyes.

…..



 

His breath soon slowed to an even pace.

His sleeping face was like an angel. How can someone be so perfect.

How did It turn out this way. How did he ever end up here and in my arms.

Luhanie, I’m sorry it had to be your family that my step father had to steal from. That we had to be born in two completely different worlds. But I know you know that this can’t work.

I’m sorry I keep shutting you away.

But please let me be selfish for what am I about to do.

I tilted his chin up with care and connected my lips with his.

Please forget about me.

Luhan’s Point Of View:

That night I dreamt of whispering sweet nothing into each other’s ears , heart beating , hugs that last a second too long; good night kisses. I love you's

I almost had it all.

Almost.

 

 

 

A/N

Hope you liked it! I knew this chapter was pretty pointless but I really wanted the sleepover to happen. And I felt that we all needed more fluff in our lives.

Perfect gif for this chapter:

 

I know this update took a bit longer than usual I'm so sorry! 

Since school just started for me updates will now be on Mondays. (So I could work over the weekend).

Oh and a few of you have been sending me requests on tumblr about the fic....Well Ta dah! I included it!

For those who don't know, I do take any request or questions on tumblr :D

http://sonimee.tumblr.com

(I prefer you don't submit them in anon because I love you guys and I want to know who it is exactly that I love so.... but either way is fine, whatever makes you more comfortable) ^ ^ 

 

Any way~ this has been an exciting week for me because....I Finally got my learners permit!

Alright well It's 12 in the morning and I got school tomorrow so....

See you next week! <3

*Thanks so much to my best friend Adela for proof reading my fic instead of finishing her essay*

Annyeong!