Appa!

10 Million Baozi

 

“Tao” I said softly. Unable to search for words with how pissed I am. “How long was I here for?” I asked him calmly. “uhh for about 20 minutes.” He answered innocently even though I know he knows perfectly well why I’m acting this way.  “And in those 20 minutes…What were you doing?”

“Coloring and being a good best friend.” His body swaying back and forth like a child.

“Ahh..”

Silence echoed through the shop.

I eyed my Band-Aid that is now covered in blue with a small yellow heart in the center. Well at least I think that’s a heart looks more like a blob with horns but I’m calling it a heart for now.

“So you mean to tell me, That it took you 20 minutes to color a 2inch piece of fabric!?” I was basically shouting by now. But I don’t care. I was outraged. This bastard of a panda sat there for 20 minutes torturing the living hell out of me making my lower half uncomfortable for a yellow looking blob with horns!!

“Here you go. I put in some extra for Halmoni and Yoogeun. I hope you like them they are still hot so be careful.” He handed me a paper bag with 8 medium sized steamed buns. And my eyes instantly became teary at the sight. My precious Baozis’ I will never let you go.

Without thinking I launched myself at Tao, arms wide open and wrapped around his neck in a tight embrace.

“Thank you Thank you! I owe you one you stupid panda!”

I ran out of the shop almost tripping over the three legged stool that was still lying on the ground begging to be picked up. I flung open the doors and ran to my house but before that I glanced through the glass panel doors of the shop and I saw Tao eyes wide opend;stunned and… blushing? I paid no attention to my surroundings and ran, the cold air slightly stinging my nose and breath.

“Wait….Wasn’t I mad at him for something…..Oh well”

I slowed down to a jog when I took the familiarity of my street. I could just hear the faint laughs of my younger brother. I turn the corner where the small cherry tree stood and headed to my apartment. “you brats better not be picking on my garden!”  I hear halmoni call out. The doorknob turned by itself before I even placed a finger on it and see halmoni standing right before me with a cane in her left hand to scare of the so called kids she thinks is ruining her garden. “Oh Minseok! You’re hear early. Look at you! You’re a mess why are you so sweaty and is that a band aid!? Did you get injured? This little brat has been crawling around all day asking for you. He even took one of my favorite slippers as his chew toy and-”

A smile crept through my face as I heard Halmoni complain about my little brother. Truth is. She loves the little guy even though she hates to admit it. When Yoogeun was barely turning two he decided to go on a little adventure and crawl down stairs. My mother was ill but not as sick as she is now so she didn’t notice yoogeun was gone until I came home from working for them.

 No one could have imagined how scared I was but shortly afterwards I found him. I heard a horse bark of an old lady and I swung the doors open with all the force I have and I find my little brother tugging the toes of her feet. Ever since then this Halmoni became yoogeun second mom and mines as well.

Halmoni still kept going on and on at how he didn’t finish his vegetables. I reached down the paper bag and handed halmoni a steamed bun. She looked at it as if inspecting if it’s safe to eat and shortly afterwards I hear a toddles voice. “Appa?”

That’s right he thinks I’m his dad. Halmoni and I never bothered to correct him.

It’s for the best. I don’t want yoogeun to know that his real father was a heartless thief who left him for a bag of money but I know he will find out sooner or later.

As far as his mother goes…Well I’m not sure if he remembers her or not.  Our mom was brought to the hospital a few months after he turned two.

It has only been a year since then but mom wasn’t capable of walking ever since he was born. I wonder if I should tell him about her.

What good is it to bring him to the hospital to see her if she’s going to die any time soon.

She can’t hold him, she’s far too weak for that.

And the little she talks is always about my father.

I know it sounds harsh to separate them but my mom won’t even recognize him, hell she barely recognizes me.  Only reason she can is because I look like my father. He might have left me and my mother to fend for ourselves but it wasn’t on purpose.

Unlike him, He died in a fire by their hands. 

How long has it been since I work for them. The ones responsible for my father’s death?  

The Lu house?


Boring chapter I know, but we need them. ^_^

hope you are liking it so far. <3

Thank you to my subscribers and silent viewers out their.

(I think I'm updating too fast >< isin't suppose to be like once a week?) I'm new to this so I don't know all the rules.XD

Leave comments!

Annyeong~