Are You Ready?

A Hated and Unavoidable Thing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Recap: Ra Im went to the bathroom to change while Joo Sung come into Joo Won's room to make him remember the reason behind their marriage contract. 

Gil Ra Im's POV:

Unbelievable...

My ears sting from the words that I am hearing outside. My hand is frozen on the knob of the bathroom door and my other hand tightly clutches tthe pajamas that I had changed out of. I feel liquid collect in my eyes and roll down my cheeks, leaving behind wet trails. 

For the first time, I don't even know what to feel. How can he do this to me? He makes me feel hateful and annoyed one minute and makes me think that he might not be all that bad the next. Now, he makes me feel pain- the kind of pain where your heart feels like it's crumbling into many uneven pieces. 

I feel my limbs go limp without my permission. I drop to the cold marble floor in a lump. I close my eyes tightly and let myself go. I don't care that my sobs can probably be heard throughout the whole house. I don't care that my sobs let everyone know that I am in pain, in vulneralbility, and in loss...

Kim Joo Won's POV:

A loud sob from the bathroom breaks my train of thoughts. tt. There's no doubt Ra Im heard everything I just said to Joo Sung. I let out another string of curse words out under my breath and ran a hand through my hair. 

I pull out my cellphone from my pant's pocket and call the only person that can help the situation now. "She's ready. Come get her." I tell Oska once he answers and hang up. 

I look back at the closed bathroom door and feel this sad emptiness take over me, while I listen to Ra Im's heartbreaking sobs for another few minutes. Then, I turn to leave. The best thing for Ra Im right now is to marry Oska and get this incident off her mind. She obviously won't ever want to see my face again no matter how handsome I am and, to be honest, I can't make myself to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter