Gil Ra Im-ssi, Year 3

A Hated and Unavoidable Thing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What should I do? I don’t think I can take this anymore.” I wailed, throwing my head down onto the desk. My forehead banged against the desk's shiny wood and the study hall monitor swiveled his head to glare in my direction.

“What?” Ah Young, sitting across from me, looked up from her magazine with a puzzled expression. Seeing me in a depressed state, she puts on a sympathetic face. “What's the matter this time?”

“The school's switching the uniforms again.” I complained, lifting my head off the desk. “And that means I need more money.”

“Omo, they're switching the uniforms again? How exciting!” Ah Young said with new found interest and threw down her magazine. “Honestly, I think these blazers and the plaid skirts are getting pretty old.”

“Aiash, Ah Young, that's not my point.” I said in a frustrated voice. I roll my eyes at her, as she mentioned something about the shoes going out of style as well.

“Oh, than what was it?” Ah Young asked with a blank expression and blinked her eyes. Ah, my poor Ah Young is just so dense sometimes.

“It means I have to work overtime at the cafe again.” As I said this out loud, I banged my head on the desk again. Argh, why do I always have to work in the stupid Love Again Cupcake Cafe? I banged my head again at the thought of having to wear that frilly pink apron and bonnet for ten extra hours. Why do I have to be poor? What have I ever done to deserve this? I banged my head against the desk  few for times for good measure.

“Excuse me, but do you mind?” A annoyed voice said, making me look up from my head-banging position. It was the study hall monitor, looking pissed off.

“What? Did I do something wrong?” I asked and rubbed my forehead. Ouch, a bump is definitely going to grow out later.

“You're making a ruckus with your thick head. If you want to continue to do that, please, d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter