I am Your Mother-in-law (in Darth Vader voice)

A Hated and Unavoidable Thing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Recap: After Gil Ra Im had confronted the bully in the study hall, she had ran off to Modern Chinese 101. Now, later at the Love Again Cupake Cafe...

"Kamsahamnida. Please come again." I said, handing a blueberry muffin and a cup of strawberry smoothie to the customer. I glanced at the clock behind me and I anxiously tugged on my bonnet's knot. Yes, I'm wearing a pink frilly bonnet that matches with my apron. And, yes, I look ridiculous. I concentrated my gaze on the last customer slowly chewing on a muffin. Come on, why is she chewing so slowly? Swallow already!

Finally, the last customer is done with her muffin and drink. Once she was out the door, I whipped off my girly apron and threw it onto a hook on the wall.

"Manager-nim!" I shouted towards the kitchen. "There's no more customers. I'm ready to close."

I went to the cafe's front door and hung up a closed sign. Walking into the kitchen, I see Seong Manager wiping down the counters full of flour. I grabbed a wet towel nearby and helped her clean the kitchen.

"Yah, Ra Im-ssi, why do people always call here for you." She told me. "A ahjumma called for you before, so I gave her your number."

"Who was it?" I asked. Who would be calling me so late at night?

"That ahjumma wouldn't say." She grumbled. "Yah, if that annoying ahjumma calls you, tell her to not call here anymore. I thought she was a customer."

"Ahdaeseoyo." I told her. "If she calls, I'll tell her I don't work here."

"Smart girl. Now go home and study. You're always working here." Seong Manager said, shooing me out the kitchen. "You need to stop

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter