Why Are You Giving Me a Backhug?

A Hated and Unavoidable Thing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Recap: Kim Joo Won had begged Mrs.Kim to cancel the engagement, but she is unwilling to. The next morning, Joo Won and Han Tae Sun had showed up at Love Again Cupcake Cafe on account that Gil Ra Im had made the front page. 

Gil Ra Im's POV:

"What are you doing here?" Joo Won asked Tae Sun with a sneer. What's with the weird atmosphere between them?

"Explain this." Tae Sun said holding up a copy of the magazine. Damn it, does everybody really read this so early in the morning?

"I don't have to explain anything to you." Joo Won turns to me with his hand still around my arm. "There's no time. Let's go."

He pulled me to the door, but then Tae Sun grabbed onto my other arm. "Let go of her." Hello? I'm right fxcking here. Do I look like a tug-a-war rope to them?

Joo Won ignored him. "Bulli- the reporters will be coming any minute now." Joo Won said to me. Mwuhlahguh?? Reporters? I got so sick of them from yesterday already. He tugged on me to go, but Tae Sun's grip on me was firm. 

"I'm not letting you take her. You'll just put her in more trouble." Right after that came out of Tae Sun's mouth, Joo Won had released me and threw a punch into his face. I gasped. Tae Sun lets go of my arm and Joo Won shoves him into the cafe tables. He fell with a crash. I looked at Joo Won with horror. 

"YAH- DOH MICHEOSUH?!" I shouted at him. I was about to rush to Tae Sun's side, but Joo Won pulled me back and dragged me out of the cafe. I almost fall onto the pavement. "YAH- LET GO OF ME!"

All of sudden Joo Won covered my mouth with his hand. He pulled my hoodie out of my hand and covered my head. What is this a-hole doing? He startes running and i struggle to keep up. I hear a lot of commotion around me and i can see a lot of running feet from under my hoodie. What's going on? I feel like I'm being blindfolded... He pulled me around a corner. I felt his hold around me loosen. I pull my hoodie away from my head. Joo Won's hand was still covering my mouth. 

"Shh." He whispered to me. I nodded and he released me. I notice how close we are standing. His back was to the wall and he had an arm around my shoulders from behind. My back was to his chest. I can feel his heart beating or is it my own heart? I feel my face burning and i push away from him. 

"Why the hell are you giving me a back hug?" 

"You're lucky I helped you get away from the reporters just now." He tells me in a low voice. 

"And what you did to Tae Sun-" I get interrupted by the a-hole. 

"He was getting in the way. If  we had gotten stalled any longer, another picutre of us would be tom

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter