Flashbacks: KyungHee&Kai;

Never Let Go

"You knew that it is dangerous, cousin. That's why we're not allowed to make things like.. what you did."

Kai sighs miserably, clenching his fist on top of the table where his vampire cousin, Kim Jonghyun, is sitting on the opposite side from him. "You knew how to make things okay, Jonghyun. I knew it too."

"You're not going to do it." Jonghyun disagrees. "You're life will be at risk from the higher council. And you also wouldn't know if her body will accept the change."

Kai stares at his cousin's abyss-like eyes with anger. "I wouldn't let the both of them die! I can't."

"Your child can live, however KyungHee will die. Humans never can wholy bear a vampire.. a dhampir. It's too dangerous. Human can have it but it'll just slowly kill the bearer." Shifting to his side, Jonghyun takes a glass of blood beside him.

Kai's pupils turn into crimson red. Bloodlust. His weakness. "I-I will change her. I can't just let her die. I love her. And I will do everything to protect her."

"You already failed protecting her. You already committed a mistake. KyungHee.. you just put her in a much dangerous state." Jonghyun shakes his head as he runs his finger to his glass. "You don't know what you're getting into, cousin. Dhampirs are dangerous to us, too. They can be hunters of our race in the future. You never know. We never know. The council isn't in favor of letting dhampirs live."

"My child will never be against our race! I know that." Kai growls, showing slight of his fangs. "And I will let the both them live.. even if it's against our council's taboo."

"Then, what do you think you're going to do next? After changing her? After her giving birth of your child? The council will be against you.. and your child."

Kai stops, looking away. He stands up and walks towards the dark-colored wall of his cousin's room. He closes his eyes, leaning to the cold wall and punches it. "I will leave. Hide myself.. and the baby.. to humans."

-

 

Later that evening, Kai is rushing his way to the usual place where him and KyungHee always meet. To the hill.. to that precious hill where no one can ever see them. It is like a secret paradise, their own secret paradise with a beautiful, shining pond and trees that extend to the plain.

When Kai arrives to the foot of the hill, he suddenly hears cries. It is full of pain. He stops. He knows it is KyungHee. She's screaming and weeping in pain.

"J-Jongin! I n-need you."

That's the thing that pushes Kai to move forward to where KyungHee is. And with just a second or two, he is already beside her.

"Jongin." She cries. Kai shoves her into his arms, grabbing her hand to his.

"What's wrong?" Kai asks in panic, though he already knew the answer.

KyungHee is already pale and is soaked with cold sweat. Her eyes look as if she's sick and his lips are grayish-blue in color. The baby inside her feeds on her blood, and soon she will not have enough of it to still live.

"S-She's.. she's killing.. me. It hurts.." She whispers miserably, tightly gripping on Kai's hand. "Jongin.. I can't.. I can't take the pain anymore. I can't.. already."

"No, we can do this. Look at me!" He commands. "Look at me, baby. I will change you, alright? I will change you now."

KyungHee weakly nods in response. With that, Kai half-heartedly leans in closer to her neck, his pupils turn into crimson red. He kisses her skin before digging his sharp fangs to her flesh. She can feel the pain of it at first, but then after a few couple of seconds, she calmed.

"Jongin" She whispers for the last time. And when Jongin feels that she's soon to be dead, he bites his tongue and let his blood mix with her own. He needs to let some of his vampire blood circulate in her.

"I really want to stay, baby. But I can't. I need to be away.. for us." He whispers. "Wake up for me soon, with our child. We can make things right. I will do everything to make it work."