In the Park

Never Let Go

"I wanted to have a little sister like Hanna. She's so cute!" Sehun giggles, while him and LuHan walks in the mini park to their dorm.

"You had a sister, right? A year younger than you?" LuHan asks, glancing now and then at the starry night sky above.

"Yeah. But I never saw her again after our parents died." Sehun says, lowering his head. "I don't want to talk about it."

"Okay." LuHan replies. "Uh, Sehun,"

"Yeah?" Sehun looks up, and stops when LuHan stops walking. "What is it?"

"What am I to you?"

Sehun stares at him, like his head suddenly emptied out of thoughts. He can't say a brother,he can't only say a friend either, then what is he going to say that is, well, the right thing at that moment? "Special." he says lastly after a long pause. "A special friend. That's you.. for me."

LuHan smiles a sad smile. "Wait for me here."

"Where are you going?"

"I think I dropped something." LuHan says, looking away.

"I can help-"

"No! Stay here. I'll be back." Then LuHan walks back away.

"Okay. Be careful." Sehun sighs, looking up the sky with confusion.

"Uh, Sehun," LuHan calls again.

"Hmm?" Sehun mutters, still staring at the shining stars above.

"I will always be here for you." LuHan says, "I won't let anyone hurt you because you- you are my special friend."

Sehun turns to face him but he is already out of sight. That was fast, he thought.

Sehun sits down on one of the mini park's bench. It's been a long time since he last went there. He sighs again, then the thought of Jongin pops in his head. "Not him!"

Sehun almost jumps out of his seat when a soft song suddenly plays near the swing. He recognizes it as the one Jongdae always sings at their snack break in their dance studio.

"Lulu hyung!" Sehun yells, nervous. His heart isn't behaving like it wants to be out of chest. "This isn't funny! I'll kill you!"

"This isn't funny, hyung. I'm serious! Stop joking around or i'll-"

The instrumental continues on playing then suddenly the lights turn on. Sehun feels relieved, and happy, and nervous, and confused. His heart beats like a jackhammer, he takes a deep breath to ease it. All the emotions inside him stir up like a tornado when he saw LuHan standing near the swing where the audio comes from.

"Hyung, what is this?" Sehun asks in confusion, smiling nervously. He slowly walks closer to where LuHan is. "What is this for, huh?"

LuHan just smiles, but his eyes show a complete opposite of the smile he wears. Then he starts singing 'What is Love'. Jongdae, Baekhyun, and Kyungsoo joins in. Their voices are perfectly combined, perfectly perfect.

Just when they reach the chorus, Jongin comes out and dances to the soft, ear-catching song. Sehun's eyes well up as he sees Jongin after so long, and he really is happy to see him.

The song finally ended and all the other, well, people around joins in. They're 12 in all. Sehun looks at them with confusion but still manages to smile. All the other boys smile at him too, except for one. LuHan's gone.

Jongin comes closer to him. Kyungsoo whistles and all of them laugh. Sehun laughs as well then glances at his back when he realizes LuHan wasn't there.

"Sehun," Jongin says, taking a deep breath as he holds Sehun with his own cold hands. "Please be mine."

"Say yes!" Minseok shouts, then all of them followed. "Say yes! Say yes!"

Sehun looks back again, still looking for LuHan but he failed. Jongin squeezes his hand to make him face him. "Is there something wrong?"

Sehun shakes his head. "I would be happy.. to be yours." he says half-heartedly but convincingly as he looks for LuHan, still.

"I knew you'd say yes." Jongin says, slipping his cold hand into Sehun's.

"Did I?" Sehun asks teasingly, smiling at Jongin.

Jongin pouts at him, lowering his head in fake disappointment. "Then it's a no?"

Sehun laughs, "No! Of course it's a yes."

Jongin leans closer to Sehun, cupping his hand to Sehun's jaw. Sehun closes his eyes as Jongin slowly moves closer and closer to him. He knew how things would work after, well, he said yes, but..

"Excuse me?" Chanyeol butts in. Sehun clears his throat, awkwardly scratching the back of his neck. "Too early for honeymoon? Keep your, uh, your, hehe, just keep calm dudes."

"I'll kill you!" Jongin jokes as he pulls Sehun closer by the waist. All of them laugh, high-fiving Chanyeol. "What?"

"Ey" Chanyeol elbows Minseok. "Your turn!"

"Oh, yeah, right." Minseok blurts in. "Uh, so about the 'joint' outing, we could have it on saturday next week. We could go for swimming, yeah, whatever."

"Okay!" They answer in chorus.

Sehun suddenly looks around again, then, "Where is LuLu hyung?"

"He said he'd go for a walk. Don't worry, he's fine." Jongdae answers, poking his head out in between Tao and Kris.

"Okay." Sehun sighs. Jongin glances at him with a reasurring look. "I was just worried, you know."

"Time to go home!" Baekhyun yells, "It's late already people. Ey Yeol baby, i've got something for you~"

Kyungsoo snorts. "Kay, i'm out. This is.. starting to get gross!"

Chanyeol glares at him, then Kyungsoo and the others, except Tao, Jongin and Sehun, wave goodbye.

"See ya tomorrow!" Chanyeol yells, throwing his arm around Baekhyun's waist. "Take it easy Kai!"

"You too dude!" Jongin yells back. Sehun giggles. "Want to sleep already too?"

"But LuLu hyung.."

"No!" Jongin exclaims, out of the topic. Him and Tao turn to look at the road to their left. "Is he?!"

"What's going on?"

"He can't be.." Jongin mutters. "I can't."

-

"W-why are we running?" Sehun yells in between pant as they run to where, where Jongin and Tao lead him. It seems like there is someone or something who waits them and that if they end up late, their life will be in doom. And Sehun knows nothing about it.

"Aren't you scared of me?" Jongin asks, locking his hand into Sehun's as they run. Tao is running only a few steps behind them.

"Why would I? You're not a monster or a ghost or-"

"I am a monster Sehun."

"What?" Sehun laughs, looking at Jongin who is.. whose eyes are turning.. weird again like when they were in the club. Sehun's eyes widens in shock. "What's going on? Where are we going? Can we stop, I'm-"

"No! You'll regret if we'll stop! We can't save him." Jongin says seriously.

"Who? To what? I can't understand what is-" Sehun complains yet again in confusion. He's starting to get tired of running and he wants to stop but Jongin doesn't let go of him.

"LuHan." Jongin says, "We need to save him."

"WHAT?" Sehun exclaims in disbelief. "Where is he?"

Then a bright car light appears infront of them, and LuHan, LuHan is out of his senses and the car is moving too fast and he is..

"Hyungggg!" Sehun yells as he runs faster towards LuHan, to save him from the car, but it is so impossible for him to be there at time. And he cries, "No! Hyungg! Get out of the way!

"Tao, now!" Jongin orders.

With a blink of an eye, LuHan is now out of sight. Sehun's sure he is there but- where?- The car speeds up towards Sehun and he is just staring at it as it gets closer and closer to him, like he is the one who's out of his senses now.

Just when the car is only a meter away from him, a wind, an extremely fast wind shoves him out of the way. The car ended up into the brick wall of the mini park and a loud crashing sound breaks the silence of the night.

Sehun stares at Jongin in shock, scared. He doesn't know how he got in Jongin's arm- "W-what the hell h-happened?!"