Beach

Never Let Go

Finally, the van arrived ten minutes after Chanyeol's last call. They all rushed towards the vehicle, jokingly pushing each other as they make their way to it. Laughing, they settled themselves inside and fortunately they all fitted just as what Chanyeol said.

Kris, Tao, Yixing and Suho are on the back, then Jongdae, Minseok, Kai and Sehun, and in front is Kyungsoo and Luhan in the driver seat. On the other hand, Baekhyun and Chanyeol are already on the other car.

LuHan starts the engine and carefully follows Chanyeol's car infront. Chanyeol gave him his other iPhone to LuHan earlier before they proceeded. It isn't nice to be lost in going to the beach.

Kyungsoo turns on the stereo and the ascending music make all of them crazier. SHINee's Sherlock is playing and Kai sings out loud, making the others throw their had nds up in the air with the lively tune. Laughters and giggles burst inside the van and all of them yell and tease each other in joy. Even though LuHan is focused on his driving, he still manages to go on with the flow of his colleagues' trip.

After half an hour or so, the group arrived in the white sand beach and LuHan parked the van, then immediately proceeded to their hotel rooms and there they split theirselves into two groups; the music and dance club. Some of them protested about the room splitting, so Suho and Minseok (being the clubs president) decided to just let them go wherever they want to sleep. It doesn't matter anyway. The outing is joint so why would they still separate theirselves.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol arrived a few minutes later with smiles as big as clown's.

"I want to go to the beach" Tao says to Kris. Kris is currently organizing their luggages in the cabinet. "Let's go now. Please. Please babe."

Everyone in the room burst into laughter upon hearing Tao's words. Tao rolls his eyes jokingly then pulls Kris by the hand.

"Hyung, let's go now too." Sehun tugs LuHan's shirt with a smile. "Come on!"

 

"Aren't you coming?" LuHan asks Kai. Sehun, him and Kai are standing in a circle inside the room while the other members are busy weaponing themselves with sunblocks and sunglasses. "That sun thingy is true about vampires?"

Kai smiles sarcastically. "Yeah, for the other kinds," he says. "But for us, it can only affect partially."

"You mean.. with Tao too?" Sehun adds.

Kai nods. "We're purebloods. We have the strongest capalities among all our kinds. Those half-vamp-half-humans are weaker. But some of them, rarely, have abilities near to what purebloods have." he pauses, a hint of something forms in his eyes. He continues, "As purebloods, sunlight can only leave us just like sunburns..but much more than the degree of what humans could ever get."

"Does it hurt?" Sehun asks, glancing from LuHan to Kai. "Have you.. ever.. been sunburned?"

Kai chuckles. "Once. When I was still a kid." he says. "But my wounds immediately healed in a short while."

LuHan nods at the ideas. Before, Sehun and LuHan never believed in anything like this but now, it wholly engulfs their faith and beliefs.

"Let's go!" Minseok yells excitedly, waving his hands to everyone. He is wearing an olive green pedal and a sky blue Aeropostale shirt. "It's not that efficient to just hung out and chit-chat here inside."

"Coming!" Sehun yells back as he glances at his hyung. "So," he says, now facing Kai. "You're coming?"

Kai looks at LuHan. "Later. Take care of him for awhile." he says softly. "I'll be there later tonight. But now, I want to rest.. and besides, the sun just makes me feel sleepy."

"You sure?" Sehun asks reassuringly. Kai nods.

Sehun smiles. Then the both of them walk out towards the door. For the last time, he glances at Kai and sees a frown on his face, odd.

"You think you're going to be okay," LuHan asks Sehun as they walk to the beach. "without him.. for awhile?"

"You are with me so I'm safe. And you're safe, too, with me." he replies.

The beach is a glimpse of paradise, or somehow the paradise itself. Coconut trees are a little too near the water, giving shades to the local and foreign tourists that aren't into tanning. The seashore wind feels good to their skin under the beaming sun and makes their hats and hairs go with it. The place isn't that crowded, not like in such holiday times.

LuHan wears a large beach hat and a pair of thin yellow shirt and denim shorts that extends to his knees. On the other hand, Sehun is only wearing a blue-framed sunglass, a plain white shirt and shorts. They are both wearing flip-flops, but as soon as they arrived near the water they end up barefoot. LuHan feels a rush of happiness everytime Sehun smiles, laughs and yells when a splash of water reaches the both of them. That's why for LuHan, the place suddenly turned into a heavenly paradise.

"We should go here more often!" Sehun exclaims happily as he grabs LuHan's hand with his and sways it, galloping like a kid. "Right?"

LuHan can't help but smile and savor every crazy beat his heart makes. The other members are already enjoying in the water and all LuHan could see is their overjoyed expressions. LuHan gently tightens his hold to the younger's hand and wraps his fingers smoothly to Sehun's own. "Yeah, i think we should." he says, and they both smile at each other.

After a few minutes of walking (galloping for Sehun), they settle themselves down under one of the coconut trees. They sat down without anything that covers the white sand, but it really doesn't matter to them. LuHan keeps on glancing at Sehun, and Sehun keeps on smiling at the beach scene.

"I missed this." Sehun says, not looking at LuHan but to the others playing in the cool beach water. His smile turns wider when he notices Chanyeol splashing water to Baekhyun but when Baekhyun made a face, Chanyeol pouts and hugs his boyfriend as the others laugh at them.

"Missed what?" LuHan asks.

Sehun faces him, smiling as he answers, "Us,"