Chapter 8

Living With The Derp Squad

“Eunji, it’s been so long since I’ve seen you!” Taemin squeals. Same little boy I remember.

“You too, Taemin. It’s nice seeing you after so long, but please slow down a little!” I try weighing us down, attempting to slow down the bunny that’s yanking me down the halls to the elevator. “We have to wait for the other guys to get on the elevator anyways so slow down!”

Taemin pouts, slowing his pace. “Fine. You look so old now!”

“Thanks, that means a lot.”

“That’s not what I meant, you just look less baby like.”

“Thanks?”

“It’s a compliment, doofus.” Taemin lightly thumps my forehead.

“Thanks Mousey.” Taemin gasps when he hears me say his nickname. I once called him Minnie, you know, Taemin, Minnie, and he said “Like Minnie Mouse!” And so I called him Mousey when he’d irritate me since he doesn’t like the reference to a female mouse do to the consistent compliments of him looking like a girl.

It’s his fault, he’s the one who said it sounds like Minnie Mouse.

“I forgot about that! Gaah, I’ve missed you!” He hugs my shoulders tightly, squeezing me to his chest.

“Urghf- LEE TAEMIN LET GO!”

He immediately lets go and steps back.

“I didn’t know you hate me…” He tilts his head down, staring up at me, pouting.

I can’t help but squeeze his cheeks. “I can never hate you!”

He drops his pout immediately and grins. “I know.”

I thump his forehead and continue walking to the elevator, ignoring his puppy whimpering.

Taemin used to always act like this when we were younger but after seeing all the SHINee music videos it looked like he grew up.

I guess not.

I approach the elevator and lean against the wall next to it, waiting for all the other guys. Taemin turns the corner and he trudges towards me, staring at the ground frowning.

“Baby…” I whisper, and his head shoots up right away.

Oops.

I forgot he has bat ears.

“What did you say!” Taemin charges at me, and I back into the corner of the room.

“Yah Lee Taemin, stop harassing my sister.”

“KAI Thank you for saving me!” I hop towards Kai, looping my arm in his. He just looks at me and rolls his eyes.

“I’m not forgiving you for ‘Jongie.’”

“I didn’t think you would.”

“Okay, sibling love, let’s all move on now, our choreographer Greg is waiting for us!” Eunhyuk places his hands on our shoulders and gently ushers us into the elevator. I shiver slightly at the touch.

I’m going to have to get used to seeing him around because I have a feeling he’ll be everywhere.

We enter the elevator, me leaning against the wall next to Taemin and Luhan, Kai, Sehun and Eunhyuk on the other side of the wall. Eunhyuk jabs at the button marked “B” and we start descending.

“Eunji, how do you know Taemin?” Eunhyuk asks politely.

I fight back a squeal by swallowing and look him in the eye, smiling. I have to kill off my fangirling self or else I might go ape on Eunhyuk or another bias I see.

“Before he debuted, he’d always come to our house and hang out with Kai and I saw him a lot back then.”

“Oh.” He looks down, awkwardly.

“W-What?!” I say, frightened. Did I just insult Eunhyuk?! Did I accidentally flip him off when I wasn’t looking or something?!

“Nothing, I just thought you two had dated or something.”

My eyes bulge out of my sockets, as does everyone else’s eyes, as I fight back the urge to laugh unbelievably hard.

“Y-You thought that we dated?!” I smirk, chuckling slightly.

“YAH, you’d be lucky to date me!” Taemin throws back, frustrated. I roll my eyes and nudge his arm.

“I’ll pass.”

“It’s fine, I don’t date dorks.”

“I don’t dare girls either, so it works out.”

Taemin turns to face me, his eyes on fire and I swallow my laughter, though everyone else in the elevator doesn’t, all of them bursting out laughing.

“Don’t make me.” He threatens.

Oh god. Oh god please don’t.

“I-It doesn’t work anymore.” I reply, my voice shaking.

I try sliding away but I hit Luhan’s arm, forcing me to stop in place. I’m trapped.

Dear ing lord please help me.

Taemin’s hands shoot for my stomach and he pokes me, tickling the out of me. I squeal like a baboon and bend over laughing, trying to swat his hands away yet fail unbelievably.

“T-T-T-Taemin, STOP IT!” Yet he doesn’t.

The elevator doors swing open and I take the chance to flee, sprinting out as quickly as possible.

“Are you sure they didn’t date?” I hear Eunhyuk whisper to Kai who just shrugs. I shoot them a look and they pretend to be admiring the walls.

“It’s in this room.” Eunhyuk points to a door and he swings it open, ushering us all inside a big, clear dance studio with black walls and wooden floors. There’s a big  mirror lining one wall and a full length poster on the wall opposite of it, but other than that, the room is simple and black. A man in his late twenties or early thirties is leaning against a wall looking at his phone, but he approaches us when we enter the room.

“Hey guys, and… girl,” He says, nodding towards me.

I bow and clear my throat. “Hello, I’m Kai’s sister, Eunji imnida.” I feel like that may be the eighth time I’ve said that in the last two minutes.

“Ah, that makes sense,” He says, his face transforming from confusion to kindness. “I’m Greg, one of SM’s choreographers. Eunji, if you’re going to watch, which I assume is why you are here, you can sit against that wall where we won’t trample over you.” He laughs and points to a sofa sitting in the corner of the mirrored wall. I nod and almost skip over to it, happy to finally get to sit on something today that won’t make my sore after ten minutes. I plop down on it, closing my eyes and sinking into the old yet comfy couch.

This. This is comfy.

Greg starts blabbing about some dance technique they have to master, asking Eunhyuk to help teach it. My eyes snap open. I get to watch Eunhyuk dance and teach people! Holy god. This is like Christmas.

No.

It’s better.

I sit up and watch as Greg explains to Eunhyuk some move from some performance he did at a Super Show concert a few years back, and Eunhyuk nods vigorously, obviously remembering it. He points at the ground, gesturing for Kai and Taemin to stand there, and Sehun and Luhan in the back, while he stands in front.

They start playing some music, Eunhyuk breaking down some steps for them all to practice. My eyelids start to pull over as I sink into dreamland.