Chapter 23

Living With The Derp Squad

 

“Are you going to stay as one group or split up?” The manager asks as we enter the park.

“Split!” They all say.

“Okay… Do you want to decide with games or just have me choose?”

“GAMES” Chanyeol claps.

The manager laughs. “Okay. How about… three groups of four, and one group with five. Separate by… if you’re a dancer, singer or rapper.” He points to different spots on the ground as he names each label.

The guys get into their groups, dividing almost perfectly.

In the dancer group is Kai, Sehun, Lay and Xiumin. In the singer group is Luhan, Chen, D.O, Suho and Baekhyun. In the rapper group is Kris, Tao and Chanyeol.

I poke the manager. “Where should I go?”

“Hm… you can join Chanyeol’s group since they only have three.”

“YES! We have Eunji!” Chanyeol pumps his fist and I smile, joining their group.

“No funny business with her.” Kai threatens, shooting them glares.

“Calm down Kai, do you think we plan on knocking her up when you’re not looking?!” Chanyeol complains.

I whack Chanyeol’s arm. “What the hell!”

Kai immediately grabs at Chanyeol’s neck. “THAT’S MY SISTER YOU POOHEAD”

He really like the choking method doesn’t he?

Kris grabs Kai’s arms and pulls him off. “Chanyeol was joking. Chanyeol, apologize.”

“I’m sorry.” He mumbles, pouting. I want to pinch his cheeks so bad right now but that wouldn’t help the situation.

“Okay!” The manager says. “I’ll pop around between your groups so you don’t do anything stupid. I’ll go with Lay’s group first. Now go have fun.”

Chanyeol immediately grabs my arm and yanks me away.

“YAH THAT’S MY-“ Kai’s voice is muffled by something, but I can’t turn to look due to Chanyeol’s flying speed.

“Chanyeol, slow down!” I try saying, but I can’t keep up with my own breath. Instead I whack his arm and he slows down, skidding to a stop when he sees me attempting to breathe normally.

“Eunji! Are you okay?” He asks worriedly.

I nod, and turn around. Kris and Tao are strolling along towards us, both of them laughing at Chanyeol and his kidnapping of me.

“Slow down Chanyeol. You almost gave her a heart attack.” Kris comments. I shoot him a thanks with my eyes and he nods, smirking.

“Where should we go first?” Tao speaks up for the first time.

“How about that?” Chanyeol points at a big rollercoaster, faint screams from the top traveling down.

Uh…

“I’m still hungry though, so maybe you can go on that, and I’ll get food!” I suggest, trying to hide the slight wobble in my voice.

“Are you afraid?” Tao asks kindly.

“N-No!” Tao opens his eyes a little, his eyes almost making me pour out my every secret. “Okay, a little.” I confess.

He grins. “We’ll keep you safe! Kai’ll eat us if we don’t.” He pouts, and quickly grabs my hand, dragging me to the line. Seeing the ride zip off as people pour into the seats sets off a million butterflies in my stomach, my insides churning like never before.     

“It won’t be too bad!” Chanyeol says, noticing my uneasiness. I nod and smile, trying to show that I’m okay.

(I’m not.)

I look around, trying not to focus on the speeding train that’s flip-flopping everywhere on the tracks, going upside down, doing loops, twists, everything.

Hey. Is that Luhan?

Luhan’s standing near the entrance of the ride, leaning against a railing off to the side. He’s looking down at his phone, intently scanning it.

Why’s he by himself?

I tap Kris. “Why’s Luhan alone?”

“He doesn’t like rollercoasters.”
Oh. That makes sense. I do that when I go to amusement parks with my friends.

Zap.

Idea!

“Can I go wait with Luhan then?” I ask Kris, smiling.

He thinks for a bit as we creep slowly towards the front of the line.

Please please please please please…

“Sure. Just wait there so we can meet up again when we get off!” I grin and thank them, excusing myself as I pass through the people waiting in line. I make my way out and walk up to Luhan. I tap his shoulder and he flinches, looking up.

“Hey.” I lean against the railing next to me and he eyes me.

“Where’s your group?”

I point at the rollercoaster. “I don’t want to go on it. What about you?”

He nods at the rollercoaster. “Me too. I don’t like heights. Do you want to ride something better while we wait for them?”

Hm.

Kris said to wait for them to get off.

Eh. They can find me later.

“Okay!” He smiles and we walk off. “What ride?”

“Um… that one!” He points at a haunted house and I grin, dragging him towards it.

I love haunted houses. They’re so scary and cool. I’m always the one person grinning and laughing the whole way through like a confused idiot.

We get in line and enter the house, all sources of light disappearing as we head further inside. It’s almost completely pitch black, creaking steps behind us and freaky looking portraits everywhere. We walk by a table and Luhan grabs my arm, pulling me closer to him.

“What happened?” I ask.

“Something grabbed my foot!” He hisses and I giggle, his grip on me tightening as something moves around the corner.

“Come on wuss.” I walk a little faster, his arms wrapped around my arm.

Shouldn’t it be the other way around? Me holding onto him, not him onto me?

A chilling wind rushes past us and I shiver, my spine tingling. I trip on something and Luhan catches me, his hand wrapped protectively around my waist. Good thing it’s dark, he can’t see the fire burning in my cheeks.

We finally get out of the building and I almost cry in relief, soaking in the safety of light.

“That was scary!” Luhan exclaims, as if it weren’t already obvious.

“No .” I’m about to continue when I notice his arm still tightly holding my waist. He notices and takes his hand back, blushing.

“Uh, we should go back. They might be looking for us.” I agree and follow him back to where we were before. Sure enough, Kris, Tao and Chanyeol are pacing around, looking panicked. Kris is on the phone and Chanyeol’s walking around in a circle, chewing on his lip. D.O, Suho, Baekhyun and Chen are there too, I think Luhan’s group, and they’re discussing together next to my group.

“So… we might be yelled at a bit.” Luhan scratches the back of his head.

“It’s fine…” We approach the groups and Chen notices us first. “There they are!”

Five heads turn our way and groans come from every direction. Kris hangs up and grabs my arm. “Where were you!”

“We got bored, so we went to-“

“I said to wait here!” He practically screams and I take a step back, bumping into Luhan. “You could’ve gotten lost, or taken! Why didn’t you just stay!” His eyes burn into mine.

Luhan holds from behind by my shoulders. “Duizhang, you’re scaring her, stop it.”

Kris’s eyes clear up and he sighs. “Sorry. Just don’t do that again.” He turns and stalks off. Tao shrugs and hurries after him.

I turn to Luhan. “Thanks.”
He smiles, my face immediately copying him. “I’m sorry that Kris gets overprotective sometimes.”

“Well… Thanks for being my friend and not being mean to me.”
“Huh?”

I shrug, not really knowing why I said that. “You’re a little friendlier than the others, I guess. Thanks.”

“Eunji, we have to go or else we’ll lose them.” Chanyeol notifies me, taking my arm and dragging me off. I turn to wave at Luhan and he smiles back, his face showing something that resembles hurt.

 

 


I just hit 150 subscribers...

I love you guys so much. I might have to make a chapter of just gifs. That'll come soon though.... I PROMISE hopefully!

See ya next update! :]