Chapter 41

Living With The Derp Squad

“I’m hungry,” I mumble, leaning my head against the back of the couch.

It’s been like four hours and I’ve honestly done nothing except sit here. I did try doing some color guard with my crutches for about half an hour to my own and everyone’s amusement and after I made up a little routine and the guys approved of it, I sat back down and am now complaining about the lack of food that should be in my stomach.

“Want to go get food?” Taemin pops out of nowhere and I raise an eyebrow.
“Are you allowed to just leave practice?”

He pouts. “You were supposed to just agree and save me from this place,” He mumbles, stomping away.

I chuckle, watching him leave. Lee Taemin, forever a little toddler.

“You can go walk around if you want to,” Kai says, sitting on the arm of the couch, “But you’ll have to go by yourself since we have to stay and practice.”

I scrunch my nose up. “Meh, I don’t really wanna be alone in case I fall down a staircase or something.”

He scoffs. “Like you did at Music Bank?”

I grin when I remember the prank the Super Junior members and I pulled and can’t help but laugh. “Ah, good memories. I’ll just wait til you guys have a break.”

He nods and gets up, hurrying back when the music starts blasting out of the speakers. I watch the dance for what seems like the gatrillionth time, doing the hand gestures along with them since I’ve basically memorized it down to each step.

 

About half an hour later the door opens and I smirk with my eyes closed as soon as Chanyeol’s deep voice booms through the room.

“We’ve come to survey whether you guys are practicing or doing stupid stuff!” He declares, “Hey Eunji!”

I open my eyes and wave as he sits next to me, Kris following in his wake.

“Hello rappers of EXO,” I mumble, shutting my eyes again.

“Wow,” Kris comments, smirking. “What great labels. Not ‘y beasts of EXO,’ or ‘hot men of EXO,’ but instead ‘rappers’ of EXO’.” He sighs as if content with life. “How descriptive.”

I open my eyes and frown. “You’re no fun.”

“Aren’t your managers going to be mad if they find you here?” Eunhyuk comes up to them, drinking water.

Kris shakes his head, “No, they told us to come down here and see if you guys were making progress.”

Chanyeol grins. “Can we see your dance?”

Eunhyuk nods, putting his water bottle down on the ground. “Sure. Hunhan, get over here.” He waves over Luhan and Sehun, who are leaning their heads together across the room, sitting against the wall.

Chanyeol and Kris laugh and I can’t help but laugh too. Oh Hunhan, living up to their fan’s expectations.

They get in position and begin flying around their ligaments, dancing amazingly. They’re such smooth dancers, it’s really amazing to watch them move in such perfect sync.

They finish, breathing heavily and Luhan dramatically collapses on the floor.

“Ohhh nooooo,” I cry sarcastically. “Chanyeol, call an ambulance, there’s a dead deer in the middle of the room.”

Luhan shoots up, staring at me but smiling. “I’m not a deer!”

I roll my eyes. “Of course you aren’t, Luhan.”

He shakes his head, smiling and lies back down.

“How were we?” Kai asks, hopeful as he looks at Chanyeol and Kris.

The two rappers clap loudly. “You guys really don’t need to practice it anymore,” Chanyeol grins.

Eunhyuk puts his hands on his hips, blowing out air. “Alright, well if Chanyeol says so, then let’s have a half hour break.” The guys cheer and I join in, happy to get food to please my rumbly tummy.

“I have to go to the bathroom, someone go with Eunji to get food,” Kai says, heading out the door, “Hyung, come with me!” Before Luhan can protest, Kai drags him out.

“SEHUNNIE! EUNJI, KRIS, SOMEONE SAVE MEEEEEE,” He dramatically screams as he holds onto the door frame before Kai yanks him into the hall.

“I’ll go with you,” Kris says, standing up. Chanyeol stands up as well, holding out a hand to me. “Me too!”

I take his hand and he helps me up, handing me my crutches which Luhan brought back from the hallway earlier.

“I’ll go,” Sehun says, gulping down a water bottle. I crutch out, them following behind me.

“Which food room are we going to?” I ask, slowing down a little so I’m in between Chanyeol and Sehun, Kris on the right of Chanyeol.

“Hm… How about the white room? It’s only one floor up.” Chanyeol says, scratching his nose.

“Isn’t that the trainee room though?” Sehun asks.

“So?”

“We might get surrounded,” Sehun scrunches his nose.

“Isn’t that the higher level room, though? So it’s the older trainees who know us, not the newbies.” Kris ponders and Chanyeol and Sehun nod in agreement.

“I just want food.” I say bluntly, earning a few laughs.

We get in the elevator and off of it within seconds, seeing as it’s just above us. They lead the way and I follow behind them as we walk through a few corridors before Kris opens a door for us, ‘WHITE ROOM’ engraved in the wall to the right of it.

Inside there’s not as many trainees as I thought there might be, so maybe it’s not their break yet or something. There’s only like five or six, occupying two of the many tables. Seeing the guys enter they immediately stand up and bow, slightly grinning though. They must have been friends in the past since a few of the guys immediately rush up and tackle them with bear hugs.

“It’s been a while,” one of them says, grinning at Sehun.

“I’m almost taller than you now,” Sehun returns the grin, standing on his toes slightly to grow over the guy.

The guy chuckles, “I see you’ve still got the lisp,” He comments, earning a playful punch from Oh Thehun.

“Are you a new trainee?” He asks me politely, and I shake my head.

He smiles, rubbing the back of his neck. “I don’t want to sound like a douche, but why are you here then?” He smiles awkwardly and I can’t help but giggle a little at how awkwardly cute he is.

Hey.

He’s actually nice.

I kind of assumed all of them were after meeting Yoomi.

I guess not, since this guy’s smiling sweetly, his eyes crinkled with his smile.

He’s cute, too. I wonder how old he is.

“I’m-“

“She’s my girlfriend,” Chanyeol announces, swinging his arm over my shoulders. I roll my eyes. “N-“
“We’re madly in love, aren’t we baby?” He coos, swiftly kissing my cheek. I can feel the heat burning in my cheeks and scoff, trying to hold in my sanity.

“He’s kidding,” Kris says, throwing Chanyeol’s arm off my shoulders.

I sigh. “Thank you-“

“She’s my girlfriend,” Kris grins, wrapping an arm around my waist.

“Oh my god-“

“Aw, save the sweet talk for later, alright honey?” He sings, kissing my forehead.

I can just imagine the number of fangirls who would scream at me for wanting EXO members to not kiss me.

I scoff and elbow him in the stomach, his arm retracting as he makes an ‘oof’ sound. “He’s kidding, all of them are.” I explain to the wide eyed trainees, all of them staring at us silently. “I’m Kai’s sister,” I say, and there’s a chorus off ‘ooooohhh,’ throughout the room. They return to their tasks and Chanyeol yanks Kris towards the buffet, the cute boy taking a step towards me.

“What’s your name?” He asks.

“Kim Eunji.”

He grins, holding out a hand. “I’m Kang Youngbae, but friends call me Bae.”

I shake his hand. “Nice to meet you, Youngbae-ssi.”

He smirks, “Just call me Bae. You’re my friend, right?”
I blush at his comfortableness and shrug.

“What year are you?” He asks.

“Ninety-Four.”

His smile stretches to his ears. “Me too! You’re my friend, Eunji. Chingu-ji!”

I can’t help but laugh at his combining of the words and he laughs as well.

I hear a scoff from behind me and turn to see Sehun shaking his head.

“Who got your in a knot?” I ask and he frowns.

“Bae does when he flirts like an idiot.” Sehun growls and walks away.

Bae laughs and nods at the table he was sitting at earlier. “Sit with us!” He says, more as a command than a question. I nod and crutch over to the table he was at, waving at the two boys already seated there. I lean my crutches against the table and sit in the seat Bae pulls out for me, thanking him. Bae sits on my right in his seat and the other two boys bow and I bow back.

“Hello!” A cute boy on my left smiles, waving happily. He has black hair styled kind of into a cow-, and when he smiles he has noticeable dimples, his eyes turning into two curved moons, “I’m Choi Taeyang.”

“Like Big Bang’s Taeyang!” I observe, slightly idiotically.

He nods, smiling widely, “Yeah, but I’m a better dancer.”

I smile at his confidence and the other boy pretends to jab knives into Taeyang’s back. “Ignore him, he’s a cocky loser.” The boy with the knives says. He has black hair with side swept bangs that frame his thin face perfectly. He must have been an ulzzang; it’s impossible for him to have not been. “I’m Lee Jaejin. What’s your name?”

“I’m Park Eunji,” I reply.

He nods, leaning his chin on his hand, staring into my eyes. “Are you any EXO member’s girlfriend?”

I blush, shaking my head. “Nope. I’m y, free and single. Well... minus the y part.” I chuckle at my horrible joke.

Jaejin raises an eyebrow. “I disagree, you look pretty y to me…”

Bae punches his arm and Jaejin leans back into his seat.

“Sorry, sorry! You’ve probably already called dibs on her, huh.” Jaejin stares at Bae, who waves it off.

Taeyang pouts, staring Bae down. “It’s not nice to call dibs on people, hyung.”

Bae groans. “I never called dibs on anyone!”

“Eunji can I have your number?” Jaejin asks bluntly and I stare at him, my jaw dropped.

Jesus this kid is confident!

It’s weird how non-douchey he seems, though. You know how there’s those douches that are all arrogant and confident? He seems like one of those people, just minus the douche part and plus the part where everyone wants to be his friend.

Bae and Taeyang both whack his arm and Jaejin leans back in his seat, shrugging.

“But really, I-“

Bae interrupts him before he can try flirting again. “So you’re Kai’s sister?”

I nod, and he tilts his head, smiling curiously. “So what’s it like, being the sister of the ‘y’ boy of EXO?”

I scoff, pretending to throw up. The three boys chuckle and a hand lands on my shoulder.

“You okay?” Sehun raises an eyebrow and I nod at him, laughing.

“What happened?” He asks curiously.

I shake my head. “Puking at the thought of Kai being the ‘y’ one of EXO.”

He nods, smiling slightly.

“Is Eunji your girlfriend?” Jaejin asks loudly and I glare at him. “Jae-“

“Yep.” Sehun kneels on the ground next to me, his arm wrapped around the back of my chair. Bae rolls his eyes and I thank the gods that he at least sees through Sehun’s lie.

“You’re so cute together!” Taeyang giggles and I can’t help but smile at him. He’s such a cutie, I can’t imagine him being a better dancer than Big Bang’s Taeyang.

“Can I give you a nickname?” I ask Taeyang. I don’t want to get him and the other Taeyang confused.

He sits up straight, grinning. “Sure!”

I stare at his happy face, examining his features.

“Snoopy.” The name falls out, and after I voice it, I realize that it’s completely true. He looks exactly like Snoopy when he grins, his eyes forming slits and his lips pulled back widely.

He seems to like it too and he grins wider if possible. “I love it!” He chirps.

“What’s my nickname, jagiya?” Sehun asks sarcastically, and I poke his nose lovingly. “Thehun, what else?”

He growls and stands up. “Alright, well we’re going back now, so come on.” He holds out a hand and helps me stand up, and I’m about to crutch off when Bae speaks up from behind.

“Wait, can’t she stay with us?” He asks sweetly.

Sehun glares at him and I shrug. “I don’t know, do I have to go back with you guys?” I ask Sehun.

He nods, his lips in a firm line. “Yeah, let’s go.”

Chanyeol comes out of nowhere, holding a bagel. “Eunji, you can stay with Bae! It’s not like she’s in your dance,” Chanyeol jokes to Sehun, chomping down on his bagel.

Kris heads to the door, looking at me. “You want to come or stay?” He asks, and I look between him and Bae. Before I can decide, Bae takes a step forward.

“Stay! We’ll show you around the training rooms,” He grins, patting my shoulder. I smile and turn back to Kris.

“I’ll stay, I think. Tell Kai where I am so his head doesn’t explode.” I wave goodbye and they leave, Sehun shooting one last glare at Bae before the door shuts.

I turn to Bae, who gestures for Jaejin and Snoopy to stand up. “Ready for your tour?” Bae asks me, grinning.

I nod and follow after them as we leave the white room.

 

 

 


 

I have a dilemma;

I DON'T KNOW WHETHER KAI OR CHANYEOL IS MY BIAS IN EXO

I ing hate having two biases so i have to choose a bias and I've been fighting myself for about a week now deciding which derp is my bias... LOOK AT THIS HANDSOME CUTIE

 

AND THIS GORGEOUS BEAST

I'm not kidding when I say this but please tell me who should be my bias it used to be Kai, but Chanyeol ing popped out of ing wonderland and he's so ing cute and PLEASE HELP ME I HATE MORE THAN LIFE WHEN I'M INDECISIVE HELP MEEEH

So poll time:

 

 

 

And don't tell me to pick for myself because I legitimately need help, tell me why they should be my bias or something just HELP MEH PLEASE

O~O" /le rivers of tears/