Chapter 47

Living With The Derp Squad

 

Eunji’s POV

I awake to a pressure on my head and immediately a sweet smell of fresh cologne hits my nose and I look over, seeing Luhan’s shoulder beneath my head, his head probably the thing weighing mine down.

I honestly should be blushing or some like that about the situation we’re in but I can’ t help but laugh instead, waking him up accidentally.

“What’re you laughing at?” He rubs his eyes, smiling at me.

“Why are you wearing cologne?”

It’s not that I’m being attacked with the smell, it honestly smells good and it’s not too intoxicatingly strong. But there’s no point in wearing cologne when you’re on a plane… right? Unless he’s trying to flirt with the flight attendants or something.

His cheeks tint a light shade of pink and he bites his lips. “For the fans!” He suddenly chirps. “Have to smell good for them.”

I raise an eyebrow. “On an airplane?”

He opens his mouth to say something but closes it in surrender, chuckling.

We get off the plane and after shoving through throngs of evil fangirls, we reach the van and I end up sitting next to Chanyeol and Kris, immediately using the leader as my pillow like always. I hear a deep ‘humph!’ from beside me and look over, seeing Chanyeol pouting.

“What’s wrong?” I ask.

He refuses to meet my eyes, his arms crossed. “I’m comfier than him.”

I chuckle, sitting up and leaning over onto Chanyeol’s shoulder. He immediately straightens up, grinning and I grin along as he throws an arm over my shoulders. It’s odd how comfortable I feel with Chanyeol. He’s like a taller version of Kai, just much less overprotective and much more loud and pouty.

A loud clearing of a throat comes from behind and I roll my eyes. “Calm down Kai.”

“Might as well elope while you’re at it…” I hear him mumble and I chuckle, my laugh mixing with Chanyeol’s deep laugh.

 

We get to the hotel pretty quickly, piling out of the stuffy van. The manager heads over to the counter to take care of business and I slump down on a couch next to Kai, falling asleep on him. I’m not really sleeping though I can tell that he’s about to, his usual mid-sleep mumbling beginning quietly.

“They seriously are twins, aren’t they?” A voice comments and I open my eyes to see Baekhyun and Tao grinning at us.

“Alright, up we go!” The manager comes over, gesturing for everyone to follow him.

I poke Kai’s stomach and he grumbles, swatting my hand away. I wave Chanyeol over and he grabs Kai’s arm, pulling him up in one quick movement. Kai makes a “HOOMPH” sound and I laugh, ditching him in his sleepy-yet-drunken-like state.

We’re on the twelfth floor and the manager rallies us together once we get out of the elevator. “Alright, rooming arrangements! It’s kinda similar to when we were in China. Kris and Tao in 1102, Lay and Xiumin in 1101, Eunji and Kai in 1106, Sehun and Luhan in 1105 across from them, Baekhyun and Chanyeol in 1107 next to them, D.O and I in 1103 over here, and Suho and Chen in 1108 down there. Alright, let’s move on it!” He hands out room keys and we split, heading to our individual rooms.

 

They aren’t given much time to do anything, just throw their luggage down basically and then we have to leave right away for rehearsals for SMTown. Super Junior and EXO leave in two vans since Super Junior’s on the same floor and they have rehearsals together for 5 hours until the other groups get to rehearse.

They’re performing at the Tokyo Dome, and I can’t help but gasp at the huge arena they’ll be dancing in to thousands of fans. I’d be scared out of my , to be honest. Think about it, thousands and thousands of people staring you down, catching every flaw… Ugh. I don’t know how they do it.

Super Junior goes first and the EXO members and I sit in the front row seats as they wait for their turn, all of us cheering them on to give support. They do all the songs in Japanese but we don’t hesitate to sing along in Korean, despite the fact that we’re singing over a different language, in a different language.

Ah, whatever. I sing the Korean over EXO-M’s songs, so I don’t think it matters.

During Oppa Oppa, I scream “Oppa!” at the correct time but burst out laughing when I hear D.O and Chanyeol scream it louder than me. Oh derps.

Super Junior finishes their performances and EXO goes onto perform. Once they’re done, f(x) and DBSK arrive and they do their performances as well. f(x), who I’ve met a lot of times now walking through the halls of the SM building and have honestly become I guess my best friends since coming here wave consistently, and even at one point drag me on stage during Electric Shock. Luna gestures for me to get up and I blush, shrinking into my seat but Krystal and Sulli come down the steps, grabbing my wrists and tugging me up onstage. I’ve already learnt some of the dance because they decided to teach me a few days ago during their break and I reluctantly dance it with them, giggling the whole time. About half way through I jump offstage when they’re not looking and scurry back to my seat where all of EXO, Super Junior and DBSK(they joined the audience since they aren’t performing) are laughing and clapping. I blush, internally dying.

“That was great, Eunji!” Baekhyun claps and I roll my eyes, my face on fire.

DBSK performs and once they’re done, joint stages begin. SNSD and SHINee haven’t arrived yet so they start off with f(x) and Super Junior doing Oops and I clap along, waving my hands after Chanyeol gets the ‘audience’ to do it. The groups return to their seats and then Kyuhyun and Changmin do Just The Way You Are and just before the music starts he calls for it to hold on for a minute. Kyuhyun runs out from backstage and down the long extension, hopping down the steps and straight up to me.

“Eunji, can you be our stand-in?” He asks, smiling.

Wut.

So Changmin and Kyuhyun will sing right next to me?

Oh hell no.

“Er, no thanks, just use, uh Chen or someone…”

He chuckles. “We need a girl though so come on.”

Before I can reject him furiously, he pulls on my hand and D.O next to me pushes me up as well and I blush, being yanked by Kyuhyun up the stage. He leads me to a seat waiting in the center and I sit cautiously.

Okay, it’s all right. I can’t be tied down to this, now can I? Quick escape.

Just as Kyuhyun’s about to turn and run backstage, he looks at me, dead serious. “Don’t think of running away, either.” And with that he runs away himself.

God dammit.

I gulp, the ‘audience’ hooting and shouting. Suddenly the music blares out and Changmin comes out first, Kyuhyun coming out after. They lead their way up to me and Kyuhyun kneels first, taking my hand and singing straight into my soul. Changmin then captures my attention, taking my hand as well. They finally, after what seems like an eternity of blushing and avoiding meeting their eyes, the song ends and they sandwich me into a hug.

“Thanks Eunji,” Kyuhyun says and Changmin leads me back to my seat.

“You look like a tomato,” Xiumin comments when I return and I pull my legs up on the seat, hugging them tight and burying my face in my knees.

That wasn’t nerve wracking at all.
Ptch.

Not at all.

SNSD and SHINee finally arrive and they do their performances, Sehun and Luhan taking Minho’s spot in different songs. SNSD performs and then BoA does her stage, along with The Grace, J-Min, Kangta, and then the joint stages continue.

It comes time for the ‘dancing machine’ performance and Eunhyuk, Taemin, Kai, Sehun and Luhan take the stage, dancing the dance that’s imprinted in my mind perfectly. I do the steps from my seat and catch the guys onstage laughing at me.

 

Finally, after almost fourteen hours of sitting in the audience and occasionally getting up to stretch and walk around and invade the snack table in front of the stage and listening to repetition after repetition of the same song as each group rehearses themselves to their deaths, the rehearsal ends. I stretch my legs and the manager ushers us out, straight to the van and on towards the hotel.

The second that we get in our hotel room I collapse on the bed, Kai falling onto his own bed as well. We quickly get ready and pass out right away, me dreaming empty dreams of nothingness.

A soft pat-pat on the door awakens me and I jolt up, staring at our hotel door. There’s a small amount of light seeping through the crack at the bottom and there’s feet there, blocking some light from entering. I gasp, waiting for more sounds.

I swear to god, if there’s someone to murder us I’m throwing Kai in front of me even if-

Another pat-pat-pat sounds and I throw a pillow at Kai, him jolting up with a loud “HOOF.” I point viciously at the door and he sees the feet shadows, his eyes growing wide.

Kai tip-toes up to the door, flinching when a pit-pat-THUMP-THUMP-THUMP comes from the other side, each knock becoming more violent than the last. Kai peeks through the peep hole and sighs, rubbing his eyebrows.

“Who is it?” I whisper and he shakes his head, breathing out.

“Just a couple of idiots,” He mumbles, opening the door. Standing there are Sehun and Luhan, both of them looking utterly dead.

“What do you want.” Kai asks bluntly, crossing his arms.

“Our balcony door got stuck and it won’t shut, so we’re sleeping here.” Sehun responds equally-bluntly and shoves past him, sitting down on the corner of my bed.

“Uh, goodnight?” I say, rubbing my eyes.

He points at the alarm clock on the table, smirking. “It’s 2:30.”

“Good morning then, Mr. Sassy Pants,” I mumble, falling back into my bed. He chuckles and Luhan sits next to him on my bed.

“Okay if you’re staying, then Eunji come over here.” Kai says, waving his hand for me to come over to him. I drag myself out of bed and throw myself on his, both of us tucking inside the blankets. Luhan and Sehun get in bed as well, turning off the light.

I can barely make out Sehun’s profile in the bed next to ours, him being by on the side of the table just like I am. He meets my eyes and I try focusing on his face, my eyes fighting with the darkness and fuzziness of my vision and the room.

“Good night.” Sehun whispers deadpan and I smirk.

“It’s 2:30,” I imitate his voice.

“Good morning then, Ms. Sassy Pants,” He replies in the dark and we both chuckle, falling asleep immediately.

 

 


 

 

A lot of you have been commenting, saying 'I read all of this in one day!' 'New subbie here!' 'Just finished reading this from the beginning...'

Thank you so much for reading my story and putting up with it's stupidity. I don't honestly understand why you guys are seeing as i think this is basically just a pile of bull but whatever, I find it very fun to write. So thank you so, so much for reading, subscribing, commenting, all of that, whether you've been here since the first chapter oh so long ago or since just today. Thank you so much <3