Chapter 7

Living With The Derp Squad

 

I trail behind them, the three guys rushing while I try keeping up with their pace.
I hope they’re not in trouble or anything…

Wait is Soo Man mad that I’m staying with them?! PLEASE TELL ME I’M NOT GETTING THEM IN TROUBLE OH GOD

I breathe heavily, calming my panicking self.

Might as well ship off to Spain if I get them in trouble so I never have to see them again.

We enter the dance room and I almost gasp.

Just a normal reaction when you see all nine members of Super Junior sitting on the floor against the sky wall.

Ya know. Nothing unbelievably amazing about this moment at all.

I keep my eyes down so I don’t notice all the members and start hyperventilating and make my way to EXO, sitting down between Sehun and Luhan. Kai’s on the other side of Luhan and they both start whispering about something furiously. I try eavesdropping but I can’t hear anything.

The door opens and I keep my eyes down, hoping Soo Man won’t enter and scream at me or EXO or something. But instead I hear multiple feet and almost a shriek.

“Eunji!” A voice squeaks.

I didn’t know Soo Man knew my name!

Since when was his voice so high though? Isn’t he an old guy?

I lift my head a little and almost smack myself. How the hell do I not recognize Taemin, for god’s sake!

Taemin’s walking with the rest of SHINee to the wall covered in DBSK and Super Junior posters, Taemin waving at me psychotically. I smile and wave back.

Taemin is the one idol that I do actually know. He and Kai were best friends throughout training and sometimes Taemin would come over and hang out at our house. They would play video games and I would sit next to them, cheering on the winner. Then Taemin debuted with SHINee and I rarely saw him. This might be the first time I’ve seen him (not on tv shows or posters) in like two years.

Holy is he skinnier than me?!

That’s not fair!

I lift my head up when I hear footsteps and the one and only Lee Soo Man enters the room, a wave of silence rushing over. He sees us all and nods.

“Okay, you’re all here.” He scans all the faces and stops when his eyes land on me.

HOLY I DON’T WANT TO DIE YET

He looks at EXO’s manager, pointing at me. “Is that…?” The manager nods in response. He turns and faces me, plastering a cheesy yet warm smile on his face. I can’t help but notice that some of the Super Junior members are staring at me as if I might get out a knife and stab them all, like I’m a psychotic sasaeng fan or something.

“Hello! Why don’t you introduce yourself to all the managers and our boys and me, since we haven’t gotten to meet you yet.” He suggests, gesturing for me to stand up.

Not awkward at all, but okay.

I stand up and bow ninety degrees. “Hello, I’m Kai’s sister, Eunji imnida.” I smile and sit back down.

“Yes, their manager told me you’re living with them right now due to family matters, is that correct?”

I nod silently, looking around. Taemin’s smiling encouragingly and Leeteuk is sitting with his eyebrows raised. I can practically read his mind.

OH SO THAT GIRL ISN’T A PSYCHOTIC FAN WHO SOMEHOW MADE IT INTO EXO’S PRACTICE ROOM TO WATCH THEM CREEPILY I THOUGHT SHE SNUCK IN THROUGH THE AIR VENTS OR SOMETHING WELL THAT’S GOOD OKAY

“Are any of the other groups going to join us?” Leeteuk asks.

“Good question, but they’re not needed at the moment since we’re just going to be talking about some solo performances involving you guys. As you know, Ryeowook, Eunhyuk and Chen did Love Doesn’t Travel Alone in SMTOWN Taiwan. But we’re going to switch it around a bit for SMTOWN Tokyo. We will be replacing Eunhyuk with Minho. Is that alright, Minho?” Minho nods. “Okay, we’ll have you, Ryeowook and Chen have some private lessons to get you to learn the song later on. Eunhyuk, we’re replacing you because we’re going to be adding another performance to SMTOWN Tokyo. It’ll be comprised of the dancing machines – Eunhyuk, Taemin and Kai. We will also be using backup dancers for this but to change it up a bit, we’ll have the backup dancers be fully masked so the fans can’t see who they are. When in reality, the backup dancers will be Sehun and Luhan. We’ll be switching the order so that your performance of DJ Got Us Falling In Love is not right before it, so you have time to get ready and change. Is that alright?” He looks around and all the groups nod. I sneak a peek at Luhan and Sehun, both of them looking surprised, while Kai looks like he’s about to scream with happiness.

Understandable, since he gets to dance with his best friend and Eun-amazing-hyuk in front of a million billion fans.

Soo Man then looks at me.

OH OKAY THIS IS WHERE I PANIC AND HIDE.

I sink down a little, hugging my knees unconsciously. I ignore Sehun’s smirk in the corner of my eyes and stare at my knees.

“Eunji, this is your first day right?” I nod.

“You should probably get a tour of the place then, shouldn’t you?”

Well. Déjà mother ing vu, huh?

“Er, Sehun and I were giving her a tour before Suho told us to come back to this room.” Luhan speaks up from beside me.

“Well since Kai, Taemin, Eunhyuk, Sehun and Luhan have to learn a new dance that our choreographers have prepared for him, they can show you around while heading down to the basement floor to begin practicing. Get started right when we finish here, alright boys?” The named guys nod and smile when Soo Man looks at them expectantly.

Soo Man pulls his phone out of his pocket and scans over something before looking up.

“Sorry, but I have some business to take care of. I’ll talk to you all about this later.” And with that he leaves.

Taemin springs up from his seat and hops over to me, holding out a hand. “Eunji let’s go!” He chirps, and he pulls me up.

“Let’s wait for all the other gu- Whoa!” Before I finish my sentence, Taemin links his arm with mine and skips out of the room, dragging me along.

“JONGIE HELP” I scream, turning my head around and shooting a look of despair at Kai. Only for him to return a look of disgust.

Oh I used the name I called him as a baby didn’t I.

Well I better not expect for him to talk to me for the next eight centuries.

Him, Luhan, Sehun and Eunhyuk trail behind us, Taemin still pulling me at full speed.