Chapter 40

Living With The Derp Squad

 

The next day Kai, Sehun and Luhan are told right away that they have to go practice their dance since Kai wasn’t there for a week, all thanks to me.

“Do you want me to carry you?” Kai asks, watching me crutch down the hallway as we head to the elevator.

I sigh. “I’m fine, thanks though. Hm… Where’s the restroom? I want to attempt to cover my scars.” I say. They woke up late again this morning so I didn’t have enough time to try covering the scratches on my face with makeup.

Kai points down a hall and I wave them off, going down the direction they pointed.

It’s weird.

Crutches, though irritating at the fact that I have to use them as my legs basically, are kind of fun.

But they’re irritating as .

“I can carry you, if you want.” A voice speaks from behind me and I stop, slowly turning around with my fake legs.

I raise an eyebrow. “Whhhhhhhhhhy did you follow me?”

Luhan nods at my crutches. “In case you needed help.”

I open my mouth to say something but instead blow out air, turning around. “Okay… well you can go, I don’t really need help.”

“I’ll just go with you.”

I turn back around, leaning on my crutches. “I’m going into the girl’s bathroom.”

He opens his mouth to retort something but instead closes it, leaning against the wall across the bathroom door. “I’ll just wait here, then.”

I roll my eyes but can’t help smiling as I push my way in, heading to the sink. I take a brush and foundation out of my pocket, carefully leaning my crutches against the counter so they don’t fall.

Not thirty seconds later does a stall flush and a figure comes out, washing their hands at the sink next to mine. I don’t pay much attention to her, focusing on covering a scar on my right cheek.

A loud clattering brings my focus away and I turn to see my crutches have fallen, almost hitting the girl’s legs.

“Oh- I’m so sorry!” I bow, trying to pick up my crutches. My leg cast is keeping me from bending down all the way to pick them up and I expect for the girl to help me but she just stands there, her arms folded.

“Um, could you-“ Before I can ask her to help, she snorts and walks out of the bathroom.

Wow.

much?

I cuss under my breath and finally pick them up, having to slightly sit down on the ground to do so.

I continue covering my scars, the lines on my skin slowly disappearing behind the makeup.

Finished, I slip the makeup back in my pocket and grab my crutches, leaving the bathroom.

There’s a really high pitched voice outside, though.

Didn’t know Luhan was that feminine…

Just kidding, but seriously why do I hear a whiny voice.

I leave the bathroom and stop when I see the girl from inside the bathroom talking to Luhan, her hand on her hip. She’s really tall and skinny, her long black hair flowing down her back as she flicks it off her shoulder. Luhan’s leaning against the wall with his arms crossed looking utterly bored and slightly disgusted as the girl continues to blabber about something probably dismal and I smirk at his expression.

“Luhan we can go now,” I call, trying to subtly tell the girl ‘haha off.’

He smiles, relieved when he sees me and stands up straight walking over to me.

“Oppa, where are you going- Oh hello,” She eyes me up and down with a twitch to her frown, probably puking in her head at my outfit.

There’s nothing wrong with my outfit, anyways. It’s the bacon shirt that Baekhyun gave me and shorts since I can’t really wear pants with my cast, and all the accessories that the guys got me. She on the other hand, is wearing what looks like designer training clothes.

“Who’s this?” She asks, her voice higher than it was before, if possible.

“I’m Eunji.” I reply flatly.

She nods slowly. “Are you a trainee?”

I shake my head, kind of internally laughing at this situation. I don’t know why but I have the feeling she’s going to end up making herself look stupid by the end of this conversation. “Nope!”

“Then… Why are you here?” She asks, venom injected in the sentence. I see Luhan scoot slightly closer to me in my peripheral vision and tilt my chin up slightly.

, I can be better than you.

I already am.

“I’m Kai’s sister,” I reply. She raises an eyebrow and looks back at Luhan.

“Oh, okay! How do you know her Luhan?”

No , I’M KAI’S SISTER OF COURSE I KNOW LUHAN DO YOU THINK I AVOID THE EXO MEMBERS WHAT IS YOUR IQ BECAUSE I’M SURE IT’S LESS THAN THAT OF A POTATO’S AND YOU-

“We’re childhood friends,” Luhan replies, standing even closer to me as if he’s protecting me. I blush at the thought and blush harder when I realize what he means with his response.

Her fake smile drops slightly but she quickly recomposes herself. “Well! Any friend of oppa’s is a friend of mine! I’m Yoomi, I hope we can be friends!” She holds out a hand and I lean on one crutch, shaking it tentatively.

In your ing dreams.

“How do you know Luhan?” I can’t help but ask.

“Let’s just say we were very close when he was a trainee,” She smirks, winking at Luhan. I resist the urge to throw up and Luhan scoots even closer to me, now slightly hiding behind me and I try my hardest to keep in the laugh that’s trying so hard to burst out due to the fact that she seems to be infatuated with him yet he seems to be repulsed by her.

“Where are you guys going together?” She asks, her voice raising slightly.

“Basement.” Luhan replies, his voice hard.

“Wow!” She gasps, as if she’s discovered the cure to cancer, “Me too! I’ve actually been personally asked by Onew of SHINee to bring Taemin’s phone to him since he left it in their practice room.” She grins, holding out Taemin’s phone.

“We can take it,” I say. “We’re going down to where Taemin is.”

She frowns but smiles again. “But Onew asked me to give it to him, so I think I should.” She shrugs arrogantly and heads off to the elevator. “You guys coming?” She asks, not turning around as she walks with her hips flying in every direction.

I scoff and crutch after her, Luhan at my tail.

The ride in the elevator is awkward and thankfully the doors open later than I hoped, but better than never. I crutch out and accidentally drop a crutch in the process of trying to tuck my hair behind my ear and groan in frustration.

Yoomi tsks, smiling cockily. “You’re quite clumsy, Eunji!” She giggles.

I roll my eyes and before I can attempt to pick it up it’s already being picked up. Luhan takes it and leans it against the wall, taking my other crutch from me as well and putting it with the other one.

“Wh-“

Before I can protest whatever he’s doing, he wraps an arm around my waist and underneath my legs, picking me up bridal style. I feel my cheeks flush and stare at him, confused.

“Lu-“

“She’ll go away quicker,” He mumbles under his breath and I nod, slightly understanding what he’s saying.

Is he trying to make Yoomi jealous?

“Luhan, I think she can walk by herself,” Yoomi smiles tightly, her voice like steel though she still sounds kind.

Luhan shakes his head. “I want to carry her.”

Butterflies erupt in  my stomach and I fight back the urge to smile.

She looks slightly shocked but smiles again, turning around. “Alright, well we should go now.”

Luhan follows after her and I wrap an arm around his neck, examining his face. He looks distressed and kinda frustrated and I don’t really know what to think of that.

He looks down and meets my eyes, his lips curling up into a small smile. I return the smile and look away, biting my lip.

I really hope Luhan’s colorblind so he doesn’t see the pink spreading through my face and ears.

“What about my crutches?” I realize probably too late.

He chuckles. “I’ll get them for you after, don’t worry.”

Yoomi opens the door to the room that the guys practice in and doesn’t hold it open for us, subtly yet obviously shutting it almost in my face.

“,” I murmur and Luhan laughs.

I open the door and push it open as Luhan carries me in. Yoomi’s already ahead, walking towards Taemin.

“Taemin oppa! You left your-“

“OH MY GOD WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU EUNJI?!”

I wince as Taemin hurdles himself up to me, completely ignoring Yoomi. I smile as her jaw drops.

“Well in Chi-“

“DID YOU FALL OFF A BUILDING OR SOMETHING?!”

“Aish Taemin, calm down,” Kai shoves Taemin away from me and stares at Luhan.

“Why are you carrying her?” He asks.

“She dropped her crutches so this was easier for her.” Luhan replies and Kai rolls his eyes.

“You’ll let the deer carry you but not me…” I hear him mumble and smile.

Luhan carries me to the couch and carefully sets me down. Eunhyuk’s sitting there and when Luhan puts me down he looks up, his jaw dropping.

“Holy- Eunji are you okay?!” He stares at my various injuries.

I smile meekly. “Yeah I’m fine.”

 “What happened?”

“I was-“

“I shoved her in front of a car,” Sehun comes out of nowhere, his expression dead serious.

Eunhyuk snorts. “I doubt you did that or that she got hit by a car.”

Oh the irony.

“Actually I did get hit by a car,” I say blatantly, staring at Eunhyuk.

His smile drops and he immediately looks apologetic.

“Oh my god I’m so sorry-“

“It’s fine, really. They put me back together.” I pat my leg casting and he frowns.

“Oh well… how’d that happen?”

“I was walking across the street and well, a car hit me.” I say awkwardly, not really knowing how else to describe it.

“Oh… I’m sorry,” He apologizes, and I look at him.

“You didn’t do anything bad but thanks?” I chuckle and he shrugs.

“Anyways, time to practice!” He claps, turning around. He halts when he sees Yoomi still standing by the door, his arms crossed.

“Uh,” Eunhyuk stares at her, “Do you need something?”

Her jaw drops slightly and she frowns, then smiles when she looks at me.

“I was just leaving, but I wanted to say to Eunji, I hope you heal soon!” She smiles, too kindly. “Nice shirt, by the way.” She scoffs a little. “It’s very… young.

I think that’s meant as an insult but I think I’d rather having a shirt that looks young instead of old.

“Uh… thanks.” I reply hesitantly, then suddenly get a surge of confidence. “Baekhyun gave it to me.”
Her smile drops and she turns around. “Bye oppas!” She calls, leaving.

We watch as she leaves, all of us silent for a bit.

“I don’t like her.” Eunhyuk suddenly says and we chuckle.

I hope I don’t see her again.

I have a feeling that I will though, due to my consistency of having bad luck.

Oh sigh.

 

 


 

Not edited, I'm sorry :c

Okay guys, I just want to share something with you. And I know you'll thank me for it.

 

 

 

 

You're welcome