Chapter 34

Living With The Derp Squad

 

The van stops outside of a big concert building, the place where Happy Camp’s recorded. We pile out and the manager hands me a V.I.P pass and a front row pass, so I can come backstage or sit in the front, depending on where I want to go. I flash the pass at the security after he eyes me skeptically and he ushers us inside.

The backstage is packed with makeup artists, security guards, hair stylists, managers and other workers hustling everywhere, not paying attention to where they shove. A girl with high heels rams into me, not even acknowledging me as she scurries off and I fall into Tao, who kindly helps me stand back up.

It’s weird, seeing the guys act all calm and courteous, as if they’ve been in rooms like this their whole lives. They’re even bowing to the occasional worker who ignores their presence and speeds by them.

The manager leads us to a dressing room and the guys sort themselves out to different little spots in the room, some going over to little salon-like chairs, makeup artists and hair stylists rushing over to idol them up, and the others plop down on the couch, not refraining from taking the few minutes that they don’t have to do anything to sleep.

Lay, Suho, Xiumin, Kris and D.O are on the couch and I sit between D.O and Kris.

“How do you guys pass out from having like no sleep?” I ask, seeing each of them slowly shut their eyes.

“We get used to it, I guess,” D.O mumbles, his eyes rolling around behind his lids.

I nod and close my eyes as well, letting the sleepiness drag over.

 

“Hey, Eunji.”

Not you again.

“Eunjiiii…”

off.

“Wake up, ya little potato.”

No.

“Eunji!”

Go screw a cactus.

The voice seems to understand my threats, immediately shutting up. Just for a loud air horn to blast in my ears about ten seconds later.

I jolt awake and glare down at Kai, who’s practically choking himself laughing. He’s holding his phone, an air horn app opened. I roll my eyes and sink further into the couch, folding my arms.

“Why’d you wake me up?!” I grumble.

He shrugs, plopping down next to me. “I was bored.”

He was bored.

So he wakes me up.

Bad choice.

I bring my foot up and slam it down on his, not too hard to hurt him badly but enough where he shrieks, whacking my arm.

“You idiot, dancers can’t dance with a broken foot!” He hisses.

“It’s not broken, though.”

He falters. “Yeah, but still-“

Chanyeol, who must have taken Kris’s spot on the couch when I was asleep, interrupts our bickering with his deep chuckle. He’s showing something to Tao on his phone who’s giggling along with him.

“What’re you looking at?” I ask, peeking over to look. It’s a picture of me and Sehun on the plane, my head on his shoulder and Sehun’s head on mine. We’re both sound asleep, and though we’re off in our own dreams, both of us are smiling slightly.

The color rises in my cheeks and I reach for the phone immediately, just for Chanyeol to block me. “My phone!” He whines, giggling.

I growl and reach further, just to be pulled back into my seat by Kai. “What is it?” Kai asks.

“Nothing,” I mumble.

I don’t want Kai freaking out over that. No matter what I would say, Kai would find some way to rip our guts out.

Chanyeol, on the other hand, doesn’t hesitate to piss me off. “Look!” He chirps, holding his phone out for Kai to look. I swipe at it but I miss, and Kai takes the phone.

Tell my parents I love them.

It’s fine I guess, I’ll see my mom soon enough.

I bite my lip and watch as Kai surveys the phone, his normal expression immediately transforming to that of disgust, anger, repulsion, hate and irritation. His eyes flicker towards me and he breathes out deeply.

Well this won’t end well.

“Eunji,” He grits, “Why. Is. This. Why. Why. Is. Why.” He spits out each word, every single one injected with more venom than the last.

My eyes flicker to Sehun, who’s across the room on another couch, playing with his phone, Luhan looking over his shoulder. His eyes meet mine for a second and his lips pull up into a small smile, just for it to drop into a deep frown when he gets the message I’m sending him.

RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN

His eyebrows scrunch together and Kai follows my gaze, Sehun meeting his eyes too. Sehun sees the phone and his eyebrows gather together even further, probably confused.

“OH SEHUN!” Kai leaps up, gripping the phone tightly. “WHAT THE HELL!”

Before I can yank Kai back, he sprints over to the maknae and grabs the collar of his jacket, pulling him up. My eyes widen, not at the scene he’s making but at the fact that he’s even doing this in the first place.

Seriously.

I’m not four years old, why’s he so overprotective?

I’m going to end up as an old cat lady if he doesn’t let me be around anyone.

Sehun gulps, his eyes shooting between me and Kai. Luhan’s sitting on the couch calmly, but his eyes are alert, following the action in front of him.

“W-What?” Sehun asks, and Kai releases his grip on Sehun’s collar.

“What. Is. This.” He throws the phone at Sehun who glances at the screen, his eyes bulging out of their pockets. Luhan stands up and his jaw drops when his eyes land on the photo.

“I hope they don’t throw my phone out the window,” Chanyeol frowns.

“It-I- We were tired!” Sehun throws his hands up in the air and shoots me a look for help. I immediately hop up and rush over, running on the heel of my foot to avoid the little puncture and stand next to Sehun.
“Kai, seriously it was like five am and we were both tired and I just-“

“Do you like my sister?” Kai snaps, his eyes shooting into Sehun’s.

What.

Why is he so-

I don’t understand him. Let’s be honest, something’s wrong in his mind.

Sehun falters, blinks, and pulls his eyebrows together. “N-No, what are you talking about-“

“Then stay, AWAY FROM HER!” Kai screams, stalking off.

Sehun and I stand there, speechless, watching Kai storm off to the other side of the room.

“I-I….” Sehun stutters, not knowing what to say.

“I’m sorry, I guess,” I mumble, confused.

“It’s…okay?” He replies, equally confused.

I shrug and plop down on the couch. Lay’s asleep on the other end of it and I scoot close to him, thinking of how to wake him up.

Hm…

Luhan sits on the other side of me, “What’re you going-“

“Shh!” I hiss, and thankfully Lay doesn’t wake up.

Luhan chuckles. “If he can sleep through Kai’s tantrum, he can sleep through me talking.”

I stick my tongue out at him and turn back to Lay, pondering.

A Winnie the Pooh doll sitting in the corner of the room catches my eye and I rush over to it, grabbing it. I hurry back and sit down quietly, leaning towards Lay.

“What-“ Luhan starts, but I interrupt him with a ‘shh’.

“Hey there y,” I try saying seductively, softly the hand of the pooh bear onto Lay’s cheek, down to his neck. He shifts a little in his sleep, and I run the paw over his cheeks again lightly.

“I love you,” I sing, my attempts at being seductive cracking myself up. I swallow my laughter and try holding it down when Lay’s lips slowly pull up into a small smile.

“Wake uuupp,” I call softly, and I sweep the hand of the pooh bear over Lay’s lips. His eyes flicker and I chuck the bear across the room, accidentally whacking Kris in the face with it. Kris blinks, not moving.

“Okay,” He says, continuing with his activities.

I shove Luhan down the couch and scoot with him, ending up on the other side. I grab a magazine off the table, as does Luhan while Sehun busies himself with his phone. I watch Lay in the corner of my eye.

His eyes flutter open and his hands his cheek, as if recalling the soft touch of Winnie the Pooh. He smiles to himself, his hand resting on his cheek.

A spurt of laughter erupts from Luhan and I follow, both of us laughing like crazy. Lay eyes us both, a content smile still playing on his lips.

“What’s so funny?” He asks, his voice playful.

“Sleep well?” I ask innocently and Luhan laughs again.

Surprisingly, Lay nods, his smile widening slightly. He sighs, as if falling into a good memory.

“Yeah,” He mumbles, staring at the ground.

Luhan and I continue laughing, and Lay stares at the ground, his hand still on his cheek, like he’s mesmerized.

Wait.

Why’s he seem so happy and content?

He wasn’t having a wet dream or anything when I did that, right?
I think I just made Winnie the Pooh make Lay .

Oops.

 

 


 

I legitimately have no idea what this chapter is

It's kind of 3 am and I just typed this up

and it might be stupid

but it sure is stupid

wait

okay anyways

Gifspam (sorry if you hate these ><) because I love you all so so much <3

              

     

okay, i think this is enough for now :D this was fun though, maybe i'll do another gifspam later :D

**all gifs via tumblr

see ya next update, make sure to comment and thank you all for supporting, subscribing and commenting :D enjoy the gif[t]s! :D

i shall leave you with my favorite gif of Kris, ever, ever ing ever:

GORGEOUS BOY Y U JUST AH FDKLA FJDKLAD;J KL;DJADKLS;DSFJK LADSF;J KLA; FJDSKL;AFD JSKL;DSJF KA;

[if you want more of Kris's undeniable beauty, including where that gif right there came from, clickity click click YOU WON'T REGRET IT]