Chapter 4

Living With The Derp Squad

 

We take a big van to the SM building and I sit in the passenger seat with the manager. He asked me to so that he could explain some rules about living in their dorm.

…no trashing the dorm… make sure you don’t disturb any of them, especially when they’re asleep or else they’ll slap you senseless especially Luhan, Lay, D.O, Kris and Xiumin, those guys love their sleep… And don’t leave the dorm alone with one member. Articles may spread saying you’re dating and that’s the last thing we want, so if you leave the dorm by yourself that’s fine, or with all the members, it’ll look like you’re a coordi noona or assistant or something… And be on good terms with everyone, just to avoid making any enemies since some of the members can be a little short tempered. That’s about it. I’ll tell you more if I can think of anything. Got it?

I nod and we arrive at the building pretty quickly. I walk with the manager and we enter the building, the members waving at fans standing across the streets. The manager leads us to an information desk in the middle of the room. He talks to the lady and tells her who I am, asking for her to make me a pass into the building.

She makes me a pass into the building and I feel slightly honored, being the first talentless person to get a pass into SM Entertainment.

The lady behind the counter takes my picture with a tiny camera and starts typing into her laptop, asking me questions like what’s my name and birthday. A couple minutes later, she hands me a card that looks like a driver’s license and I stare at it, a surge of stupd pride running through me.

Jongin pushes me from behind, “Come along now.” I follow after and we all load into the elevator. It pings open at the fourth floor and I follow behind as they walk through a long corridor, passing a bunch of dance studios. I look through each one, all the doors wide open, practically inviting me to look at the empty rooms. I wonder if I’ll see anyone famous today. Probably not, since I’ll be stuck in a room watching them dance and sweat all over the place. They’re famous, but they’re not the famous people I’d like to see.

No offense to my brother, of course.

The manager starts talking about a Music Core performance and I tune out, sitting on the ground and leaning against a wall covered in DBSK and Super Junior posters. The wall next to me is covered in the famous sky wallpaper that is featured in all the practice videos.

I lean my head back and close my eyes, zoning out. I’m pretty tired, since this morning was pretty eventful and all. I still can’t believe Jongin’s not as upset as I thought he would be about mom’s death. He does that a lot though. He acts strong and okay but it takes him a couple days, sometimes weeks before he breaks down about something he cares about. It’s kind of heart wrenching, watching him when he cries.

Music blasts out of the surround speakers and I almost scream, my eyes jolting open. They’re all suddenly dancing, facing the mirrors on the right wall to the Korean version of History. Wait, they’re getting close to me. They might squish me into the wall if they keep dancing this close. Chen’s the closest to me, but they could get closer any second. Sure enough, Chen gets closer and I slam myself against the wall, trying to stay out of the way.

Tao slides right next to me and I urgently get on my hands and knees, crawling away. I hear snickering and turn around as I crawl, seeing all the members laughing at me as they dance. Seeing as eleven guys are probably judging me right now, I get on my feet and scuttle away to sit against the mirror.

Chanyeol starts his rap and I can’t help but look up, surprised. His voice so doesn’t match his cute face. It’s like combining Sylvester Stallone’s voice with Mickey Mouse. It’s sufficiently unexpected and slightly creepy.

The song changes half way through to the Chinese version like it did in their showcase, and Kris swings out of nowhere and I try not laughing. He doesn’t fit in with these guys. He looks like a model while the rest of them look like idols.

The song ends and they all turn around, breathing heavily. Jongin spins around and waves at me.

“Eunji! How were we?”

I give them a thumbs up. “You guys dance amazingly!” They all grin and get in position for their next dance. MAMA starts blasting and I almost jump again, the song pounding all around me.

It’s interesting watching all twelve of them perform together when it’s usually just six at a time. Good thing this room is pretty big, too. It can barely contain Chanyeol and Kris’s unbelievable heights. Though that's intended as sarcasm I realize that it's true when Kris can't extend his arms fully without almost slapping Xiumin or Lay on either side of him.

A face appears in the door that’s right next to the mirrored wall and I look up, almost shrieking, recognizing Leeteuk right away.

He grabs the handle of the door and pulls on it, shutting it. He sees me and bows, smiling. I smile back and he waves, pointing down the hall. I guess EXO’s too loud for them.

Them. Super Junior is within the viscinity.

I nod, attempting to not scream in delight and he pulls the door completely shut. The second the door shuts I grin happily, stomping my feet on the ground like a little girl.

Obviously a completely normal reaction after seeing your favorite leader.

Okay. Eunji.

Calm.

I close my eyes and breathe deeply. In, out, in, out.

I open my eyes and focus my attention on EXO. A bunch of them are looking at me weirdly. I’m not surprised, seeing as I just fangirled over you know, possibly the best leader ever.

MAMA ends and the guys grab water bottles, guzzling them down. Jongin sits next to me and Kris, Luhan and Tao sit around us.

“Eunji?”

“Hmm?”

“Why were you stomping your feet?” Jongin asks innocently.

“I saw Leeteuk!” I grin at Jongin, who stares at me, one eyebrow raised.

“Where?”

“He shut the door since you guys are loud. But he waved and smiled at me!” I think my cheek muscles might tear soon.

Jongin rolls his eyes. “You’ll probably see more of our sunbaes around so calm down and get used to it.”

“Who’s your favorite group, Eunji?” Luhan asks me.

“Super Junior!” Did I not make it obvious enough?

“Do you have a favorite member?”

I nod ecstatically, “Yeah, Eunhyuk!”

“Why is he your favorite?”

“He's so cool! He’s the best dancer ever-“

“Hey!” I jab Jongin in the ribs with my elbow and continue.

“-and he’s super funny and handsome!”

Kris chuckles. “Who’s your favorite in EXO then?”

I look around at all the members who have slowly gathered around us.

“Jongin of course!” I say, and Jongin throws his arm around me. “Ha!” He says happily.

“Other than your brother!” Xiumin rolls his eyes.

I survey the faces, looking at each member closely. I don’t really want to offend any of them, but I honestly don’t have a bias in EXO. None of them particularly stand out to me, to be honest. But if I say that then they’ll think I’m lying. I meet Luhan’s eyes and he grins sweetly at me, as do most of the other members as I look at them.

Pch. ups.

“I don’t have a favorite in EXO.” I say, and they all complain.

“That’s not true, you must like one of us more than the others,” Suho says.

I point at Jongin.,“Yeah, the one related to me.”

“THAT DOESN’T COUNT!”

“YOU’RE LYING.”

“Tell us the truth!”

I throw my hands up in defense. “Sorry but-“
“NO BUTS, TELL US!” Chanyeol points an accusing finger at me and I droop my shoulders. Might as well say any random name.

“KRIS!” I shout, frustrated. The members all glare at Kris who’s smiling smugly.

“AW, SHE JUST SAID THAT ‘CAUSE HE’S HANDSOME.”

“CHEATER.”

“NO.”

“I bet I’m her favorite!”

“In your dreams, Chanyeol.”

I roll my eyes and stand up. “Is there a break room or something where I can be away from you guys?” I ask my brother. He nods and leads me out to the hallway, pointing at a room a few doors down.

“There, it’s not that big of a room but it might be better than being in there with the guys attacking you with questions.”

“I think anywhere is better than there.”

He grins, salutes and goes back in the room and I enter the break room, plopping down at a table, slamming my head on the table.

I bang my head against the table. Okay, I could watch them practice. I’ll do that a little later, to space out the time so I don’t get sick of watching them too quickly. I can give myself a tour of this place too. That’ll definitely take a while, since this place seems to be bigger than Australia and Africa combined.

I don’t know what else to do here. I guess I’ll just go back and watch them practice some more since there’s nothing to do here.

I stand up and walk through the door when my head crashes into something hard, sending me backwards. I lose my balance and crash onto the floor, a pair of arms grabbing at me, attempting to catch me before I fall though they fail, falling on top of me.

So much for not making a fool of myself in the SM building.


watch this and try not slamming your fist into the screen