Chapter 50

Living With The Derp Squad

 

Luhan’s POV

They kissed.

They kissed.

They kissed.

Sehun kissed her.

Sehun kissed Eunji, and she didn’t back away.

She just let him kiss her.

They kissed.

Again.

Eunhyuk was freaking out because Taemin only had a minute to get changed and Kai’s shirt was backwards but more importantly, we couldn’t find Sehun.

Turns out it was because he decided to hide behind a corner and make out with Eunji.

Okay, maybe they didn’t make out.

But they kissed.

He did what I’ve been aching to do for I don’t know how long now.

He kissed her, held her, pulled her towards him, melded their bodies into one.

He did exactly what I was planning on doing as soon as our dance stage ended.

But that sly bastard kissed her first.

He claimed her first.

He might not have confessed or asked her anything but he’s imprinted in her mind that he wants to be with her.

You don’t just kiss someone without a reason.

You kiss someone because you want to entitle them as yours. You want to be able to swing an arm over their shoulders, bringing them under your protection and boldly state that they are yours and only yours.

You don’t just kiss someone because you’re hungry or some idiotic reason.

You kiss someone because you care for them.

And Sehun kissed Eunji.

Sehun cares for Eunji.

He let go of her, after what felt like hours of my eyes not blinking, watching from ten feet away, confused on how no one else seemed to notice their lips pushed together just around the corner. He was unbelievably close to her and his grip on her waist prevented her from moving. She just stood, his head tilted slightly. He said one, maybe two words until Eunhyuk’s voice forced him to let her go. Sehun adjusted himself and walked away, leaving her there.

I didn’t see her expression since she was turned away and I didn’t have time since Taemin grabbed my arm, yanking me away from my frozen spot.

“You okay?” He asks, fixing a strand of my hair.

I nod noncommittally and a worker directs us towards a tunnel where we’ll be brought up on stage by platforms. We get in position, forming a house shape with Eunhyuk in front, Kai and Taemin behind him and Sehun and I behind them. I look over at Sehun and just catch a glimpse of his face before he covers it up with the mask he and I have to wear until the end of the performance when we reveal ourselves.

His lips are parted, his breathing loud beside me, and his eyes have a twinkle that resembles a predator’s glint of smugness after catching their prey.

 

Eunji’s POV

I can’t move but I force myself to, somehow ending up in my seat in the crowd. I can’t stay backstage, and I don’t want to either, the presence of hysterical and rushing workers not helping my confused mind.

Some video’s playing right now and I hear their names being announced, the all-too familiar music blaring louder than possibly imaginable. It’s the last thing on my mind though.

I can’t understand what just happened nor can I process what to ing think.

Sehun kissed me.

But…

Why?

He doesn’t like me, right?

So why’d he kiss me.

I don’t…

I don’t know.

Why did he kiss me if he doesn’t like me.

What’s the logic behind that? Did he just do it on a whim? To be a douche and kiss me just because he felt like it?

That wouldn’t make sense either, though.

I was his first kiss.

Where did he learn to kiss like that…

That’s beside the point, but I can’t wrap my head around why he kissed me.

Why.

Seriously.

I sigh, closing my eyes and leaning back in my seat. I rub furiously at my lids, trying to somehow clear my mind of all things Sehun related.

I open my eyes and see they’re performing right in front of me, popping and sliding around. Sehun and Luhan are in the back, both of them wearing black masks that cover their entire face.

I feel the weight of eyes on me and catch one of the masked backup dancers staring at me and I gasp when I remember that that is in fact Sehun. I divert my eyes away to Kai, watching my brother and occasionally Taemin and Eunhyuk who are all at the front. Kai spins on his toes, pointing at everyone and lands facing me, winking. I can’t help but chuckle, shaking my head. All five of them are wearing completely black clothes, each person wearing slightly different outfits though Sehun and Luhan are matching.

My eyes follow them, my hands do the movements in my lap while they dance onstage. It’s a pretty good distraction, watching them. Maybe I’ll just stay here for the rest of the concert.

I’m just nodding to myself in confirmation when I see the masked Luhan trip on his own foot, falling to the ground. Sehun shoots him a worried look but Luhan pulls himself up like a beast, hopping onto his feet and doing a body wave in the process. The crowd doesn’t hesitate from gasping even though Luhan handled it pretty well and I can see his face contorted in pain and frustration. He didn’t hurt himself, did he?

They finish the dance and Sehun and Luhan remove their masks, tilting their heads up. The crowd goes insane, and I shrink in my seat slightly, rolling my eyes when I hear all the phrases I know I predicted.

“HOLY I DIDN’T EXPECT THAT”

“GUYS I SWEAR I TOLD YOU IT WAS SEHUN I CAN RECOGNIZE HIS FINGERS ANYWHERE”

“LOOK AT MY BIAS SERIOUSLY WE’RE MEANT TO BEEEEE”

“MY FEELS GUYS MY FEELS”

I shake it off but my feet pull me up, dragging me backstage. I want to check on Luhan, seeing as he looked pretty hurt.

People are hustling and bustling and I push through some people, looking for the area they came off of. I spot him over a sea of workers and shove through, finally reaching him.

“Luhan,” I say, slightly breathless from the merciless pushing. “Did you hurt yourself?”

He shakes his head but he stares at me, sighing.

“Are you tired? Do you want water?” I ask, slightly befuddled.

He pulls his lips up into a small but tense smile, nodding. “Sure.”

I hurry off and return quickly with two bottles of water, handing them both to him. A nurse noona, I assume, is poking at his ankle despite him just standing in the middle of the backstage area.

“Thanks Eunji.”

I shrug. “No problem. You did amazing, by the way.”

He smiles and I feel a tap on my shoulder.

“How were we?” Kai asks, heaving heavily. His chest is rising unsteadily but his face is elated, his smile reaching to both his ears.

I grin, seeing him so happy and can’t help but fling my arms around him. “I’m proud of my stupid brother,” I sniff sarcastically.

He chuckles, hugging me back. “Thank you, equally stupid sister.”

I pull away when I hear a cough and Taemin comes out of nowhere, grinning stupidly at me. “Don’t I get a hug?” He pouts and I smile, hugging him as well. He tilts left and right as he hugs me, tottering around like a little boy and I laugh as he almost lifts me off the ground.

“What about me?” Eunhyuk asks as he watches, laughing. I blush but hug him as well, him patting my back sweetly.

Luhan clears his throat, pointing at his foot. “I’m the injured one,” He points out. “Where’s my hug?”

I reluctantly hug him as well, sighing. “Fine, only because you could possibly be dying.”

He chuckles in my ear. “It’s not that serious. No need to worry so much.” He says sarcastically and I pull away, smiling.

“What about me?” A voice calls softly.

I turn around and my heart drops as I look at Sehun, who’s smiling slightly. His hair’s slightly askew and his eyeliner’s a bit smudged and I’m trying my hardest to not admit that he looks really good.

I can’t just not hug him though, right? I hugged the other four. If I don’t hug him, it’ll be fishy.

But if I hug him then he might get the wrong message.

I reluctantly take a step forward and he does as well, enveloping me in a tight hug. His strong arms wrap around me and he holds me against him tightly and I hesitantly hug his waist. Before I can let go, he whispers very, very quietly into my ear, almost too quiet where I have to focus solely on his words and tune out everything else.

“I wasn’t finished.”

My eyes widen slightly and I yank myself out of his grip, heading over to grab a water bottle from the table. I see Amber there, chilling while chugging down water and she nods when I come over.

“Hey Eunji. You okay?” She asks, frowning slightly. “You look freaked out.”

I nod and reassure her that I’m fine but I head back into the crowd, shutting my thoughts out with the blaring sounds of the music that I can’t seem to pay much attention to.

 

The ride back to the hotel after the concert is very, very, very loud, all of them recalling funny or great moments from their performances. My head’s resting on Kris’s shoulder like always while he tells everyone about his Like A G6 performance with Key and Amber.

I don’t pay much attention, my eyes drooping every once in a while. We get back pretty quickly and I collapse on my bed right away after getting dressed, watching Kai as he paces back and forth, spewing out random about how amazing the concert was.

“Seriously! I swear Eunji, you for not being a trainee because you’re missing out on so much.”
I tilt my head up and look at him, my hands folded over my stomach. “What’s my talent, then?”

He stares at me and sighs, thinking. “You for being talentless.”

I shrug, putting my head back on the bed. “What’s tomorrow?” I ask him as he flicks through the television.

“Uh, the concert starts at 8 tomorrow, and we have to be there at 4, so we’re all going sightseeinga until then. You’re coming with,” He adds, as if I didn’t already know.

Someone knocks on the door and I sit up, throwing my pillow at Kai. “Go get it.”

He grumbles something unintelligible but reluctantly gets up, opening the door.

“What do you want.” I chuckle at his rudeness.

“Our door’s still stuck.” Luhan’s voice comes from the door and I sit up, putting a pillow on my lap since my shorts are kinda very short.

I see Luhan come in first and I greet him as he sits down on the bed next to me, smiling tightly.

“Whatcha up to?” He asks.

I shrug, gesturing around. “Potatoing.”

He nods as if he knows exactly what I’m talking about.

Another figure enters, following Kai after he shuts the door and I keep my eyes on the hem of the pillow, knowing that Sehun’s staring at me. I hop off my bed and hop on Kai’s, since we’re sharing while they get the other bed.

I sit under the covers and Kai gets in next to me. “Can we go to bed now?” I ask, more desperate to be in the dark where I can’t see Sehun’s eyes burning holes through me.

Kai nods and I turn off the lamp on our side, turning off the television as well. Luhan and Sehun get in their bed, turning off their lamp.

“Goodnight friends and annoying sister,” Kai mumbles from beside me and I whack him with my pillow.

“Bully.” he mumbles and I laugh quietly. I face the other way and hold in a gasp when I see Sehun’s figure turned towards me on his bed, his eyes open and blinking as he watches me. He waves cutely and I thank everything that he can’t see my blush in the dark. I flip around so I’m facing Kai, not falling asleep until the fourth hour into the night passes.

 

 


 

I didn't mention this in past chapters because I've sadly forgotten but I wanted to say thank you for being possibly the best readers that have ever existed. I called my story a pile of bull but you guys denied that, even saying that it was a good pile of bull. I'm positive that's meant as a compliment and I'm taking it that way because I find it to be the best kind of compliment for a bullty story like this. So thank you for being amazing readers and subscribing and commenting SOO ING MUCH on the last chapter (seriously guys thank you, comments are more important to me than anything since i love your reactions and feedback) and for subscribing and OH YEAH

I was scrolling through the most subbed fics for Kai and found my story on the second page.

Guys.

The second page.

Of the most.

ing.

subscribed.

kai fanfics.

, guys.

WHY DO YOU LIKE THIS STORY I MEAN SERIOUSLY  DFJKALF J;ADSFJ KA;SJ

Well anyways, thank you so much for subscribing. 270 subs, guys. Too much love for me to handle.

I shall leave gratitude-filled gifs of the guy I'm now 85% sure is my bias. <3

*-* HOW IS THIS GUY THE SAME AS THIS CUTE POUTING BOY

GUYS... just. look.

at how.

cute.

he.

is.

comment! see ya next update :3