Chapter 55

Living With The Derp Squad

 

Four days later I’m skipping down the halls of the SM building, spastic after drinking two cups of coffee this morning due to my lack of sleep. I see Super Junior’s room open and peek in, watching them practice Spy. I stand in the dorm frame and clap when they finish, Sungmin walking straight towards me.

“Hey Eunji,” He grins at me with a slightly erted expression, “How are you and… you know.”

I blush and roll my eyes. “Goodbye.” I make to turn but Kyuhyun’s voice calls out.

“Wait! Ignore Sungmin’s stupidity, come on in.”

I entered and greeted all the members, bowing. Their manager introduces himself and I bow to him as well.

“I’m Eunji, Kai’s sister.”

“Ah, I know Kai. He’s a very passionate dancer.” The manager muses and I nod, laughing on the inside. I know Kai’s a good dancer and all but hearing people call him passionate and powerful makes me want to laugh so hard.

Sungmin comes out of nowhere again, along with Eunhyuk who are both raising their eyebrows at me, looking  creepy and resembling rapists, “Hey Eunji,” Eunhyuk greets, grinning.

“Uh… hello.”

“So… how are things?”

“Things are good?” I reply, confused.

Sungmin nods towards my hand and I glance down, my gaze landing on my Pacman ring. “How are things?” I think it’s impossible for Sungmin to emphasize ‘things’ as much as he does.

“What things?” I ask, acting clueless, knowing what they want me to say.

“How are things with Sehun!” Sungmin shouts and I freeze, all the rest of Super Junior turning towards me. I panic and slowly back out of the room, hurrying away.

“Wait, Eunji wait!”
I turn around and cross my arms, looking at Eunhyuk expectantly, his head peeking around the door.

“I’ll make sure they don’t tell anyone,” He promises, disappearing.

I sigh and can only hope he does just that. I really don’t want Kai or anyone finding out through Super Junior.

I visit f(x) and they drag me off the floor, insisting they teach me the dance to Nu Abo.

“I already know Electric Shock! I don’t need to learn another one!” I protest, but Krystal shakes her head disapprovingly.

“Too bad.”

I groan but follow their steps, learning the chorus dance, knowing they won’t release me without me gaining some knowledge on the dance. Once they approve that I know enough, I disappear, running when I hear Amber scream in English, “She’s running away! CATCH HER!”

I somehow end up in one of the extra practice rooms where TaeTiSeo and Chanyeol, D.O, Sehun and Luhan are practicing DJ Got Us Falling In Love Again. They’ve gone through it a few times now and Tiffany told me to act like the audience when I came in to make it more realistic. My cheering resembles the depressed calls of a dying whale since the caffeine of the coffee’s starting to wear off and I’m losing my energy very quickly.

“Yaaaaaay. Gooooooooo TaeTiSeoooo.” I mumble, my eyes shut as I lean my head onto the back of the couch I’m sitting on.

“Why are you so sleepy, Eunji? You’re always so smiley.” Taeyeon notes, drinking from a water bottle.

“She and Tao were watching dramas until 2 a.m.,” D.O says, laughing. “They drank like five coffees this morning too.”

I feel a heavy weight sink into the couch next to me and my head gets pushed down onto a shoulder. I chuckle, completely aware of who it is. “Chanyeol go practice,” I mumble, though I don’t really want him to go. He insisted a week ago on permanently being my pillow whenever he’s needed and he’ll pop out of nowhere at the best times with his comfy shoulder to lean on.

Ignoring me, he swings an arm around my shoulders and I sigh happily, feeling the heaviness of sleep falling over my lids. Just as I’m about to pass out a booming voice makes my eyes pop back open.

“ALRIGHT TIME TO PRACTICE CHANYEOL GET OVER HERE,” Sehun shouts and everyone stares in shock at the loud maknae. He’s staring at Chanyeol with a level of intense hatred and I furrow my eyebrows at him, confused.

Chanyeol sighs and gets up, all of them going over the dance for the tenth time. I keep myself awake by dancing along with my hands, cheering them on like requested. They go on until they reach the fourteenth time and Taeyeon claps, telling them they can leave.

“Let’s go get food,” Chanyeol whines, dragging D.O and Luhan out the door. Seohyun, Taeyeon and Tiffany leave, waving and I wave back. I turn to see Sehun walking up to me, patting his forehead with a towel and throwing it onto the couch.

“I have to go practice with SHINee now and you’re coming with,” He says, holding out a hand. I slip mine into his and he pulls me off the couch, walking out of the room.

I retract my hand when I see a bunch of the doors to the practice rooms open, including f(x)’s down the hall. “Someone might see,” I say, but he ignores me and he laces his fingers with mine, smirking.

“Jerk,” I mumble and he shoots me a glare, the corners of his lips threatening to twitch into a smile.

“Hmm. Maybe I should let Kai kill you,” I tease and he chuckles, swinging our hands back and forth.

“How did I do?” He asks, and I grimace, sticking out my tongue.

“Meh.” He stops and stares at me before poking my waist and I shrivel back, running away. He grabs me around the waist and I laugh, prying his hands off me but taking his left hand in mine.

“What room is SHINee in?”

“Four floors up, few doors down from EXO’s room,” He replies and he jabs at the elevator button once we reach it. He pulls me in and the second the elevator doors shut he tugs on my waist, closing the distance between us. I wrap my arms around his neck and he grins, his hot breath on my neck. “I’ve missed you,” He cooes and I whack him on the back, pulling away.

“You see me all day,” I retort but he rolls his eyes, tsking. “That’s not what I meant,” He whispers, his voice husky and he cups my face, his lips pressing against mine. I smile into the kiss and feel butterflies erupt in my stomach, the numbing feeling making me giddy. I pull him closer and run my fingers through his hair, gripping the ends, my other hand on the back of his neck. He slides his hands down to the small of my back, pulling me closer and we break apart, breathing heavily. His nose is skimming mine and he looks so out of breath that I can’t help but grin and place another soft kiss on his lips.

“WHAT THE HELL?”

I gasp against his mouth and shove myself away from Sehun, shrinking against the wall of the elevator. Sehun does the same exact thing and we both peek out the opened elevator doors at the same time, my heart sinking as I see all of EXO staring at us, eyes the size of the moon.

Kai’s standing in front of them all, his eyes bulging out and his jaw touching the ground, his shoulders slumped.

 

 

 

 

Oh .

 

 


 

 

seeing the general consensus results to these polls are so addicting ohmygod

i'm sorry if seeing these polls are annoying, it's just really interesting to see what you guys think because there's so many silent readers and polls just help i guess? idk haha