Chapter 52

Living With The Derp Squad

ERMAHGERD WHAT'S GUNNA HAPPEN 

 


 

 

 

My stomach sinks further than it’s ever sunk, my lips parting as my breathing picks up.

The only thing I can observe right now is the fact that my heart is thumping.

My heart is thumping.

They say your heart only thumps spastically in response to what it wants, right?

My heart is thumping wildly and has been since he said those five words with an air of optimistic confidence that I didn’t expect Sehun to have.

My heart is thumping.

So does that mean I… want Sehun?

I… I like him, I guess. I’m not spazzing over every second I get to spend with him but I don’t feel the need to deny that I do like being around him. I feel slightly overprotective over him for some reason but I’m not completely positive why. He’s handsome and charming and charismatic on stage but he has a level of cocky arrogance and sarcasm that I honestly think everyone should have. Though he is a little too sarcastic sometimes, I think that’s a good thing. He doesn’t take everything too seriously.

But…

He asked me to be his girlfriend.

My heart is thumping.

I don’t want to lie to myself and say no when my heart is telling me otherwise.

There’s something different about Sehun that makes him harder to turn down compared to anyone else, like Bae.

My eyes have trailed back to the river, following the small movements of the waves. They’re moving whichever way they care, whichever way they feel they should go.

Which way should I go?

I look at Sehun, his expectant eyes examining mine and his lips pulled up into a small smile. My lips imitate his unconsciously and I nod my head slightly.

“Okay.”

He tilts his head slightly, perplexed though his smile is slowly widening across his face. “What does okay mean?” He asks softly.

I shrug. “Sure.”

He continues staring at me, either confused or surprised.

Maybe a bit of both.

I chuckle, punching his arm. “Sure I’ll be your girlfriend.”

Though I’m completely aware that I’m responding to this extremely lightly, my heart is screaming viciously at me.

 Screaming that I’m making the right decision and that I’m not making any mistakes.

I’m not making a mistake… right?

My heart obviously doesn’t think so.

Sehun suddenly grins and I stare in awe.

He grinned.

Sehun grinned.

Sehun grinned.

That’s not something you see every day.

That’s not something I’ve ever seen before, to be honest.

He should grin more.

He nods, his smile not decreasing one bit. “Okay,” He says, matter of factly, “You’re my girlfriend.”

I nod, my smile stretching as well. I turn and look at the river, leaning on the bridge, not finding the courage to say to his face, “And you’re my boyfriend.”

He leans against the bridge next to me, closer than before. His shoulder is touching mine and neither of us makes to move and for some reason, I’ve never felt more comfortable next to him while never feeling so awkward next to him.

Is it possible to feel that kind of feeling? Because that’s what I feel.

I can’t feel anything but that.

Because Sehun’s my boyfriend.

Oh Sehun is my boyfriend.

Well okay then.

That’s a thing now.

“You know,” Sehun suddenly muses, placing his palm flat on the bridge, “Sungmin asked me yesterday if we had couple rings.”

I laugh, shaking my head. “He asked me that too.”

He raises an eyebrow, looking at me. “What’d you say?”

“I said no.”

Sehun smirks, looking at the ring on my hand.

Wait.

What did he say to Sungmin?
“What’d you say?” I ask hesitantly.

“I said they will be soon.”

My heart pounds against my chest and I breathe heavily, playing with my fingers. He chuckles at my uneasiness and looks away.

So if Sungmin knows that… then does that mean that Sungmin knows- or, knew- that Sehun would... ask me out?

I don’t really want to tell anyone that… this. Is a thing.

Because what if Kai found out?

I don’t want to die so young. Kai would come at me with a butcher’s knife after dismembering Sehun.

Right?

Oh god.

I open my mouth to ask him if we will tell anyone when an arm slings itself around my shoulder and I flinch, wondering if Sehun’s being so touchy so quickly. Instead I see Luhan shoving himself between Sehun and I, his arms around both our shoulders.

“Hi!” He greets cheerfully, looking at the river. “Whatcha talking about?”

I sneak a glance at Sehun and he raises an eyebrow. I immediately shake my head, not too obviously and he winks in return.

Well there go all feelings in my body.

“It’s pretty,” I say, my voice cracking and I can hear Sehun’s muffled laughter into his hand.

A bunch of footsteps come our way and Kai’s voice comes out of nowhere, jabbing at my arm. “Let’s go, we’re moving along now.”

I nod and twirl out of Luhan’s hold, following after Kai.

 

It’s weird how calm I feel about this.

I’ve just said yes to Sehun asking me to be his girlfriend.

I have a boyfriend now.

Yet I’m completely calm.

Wait, scratch that.
I’m calm on the outside.

I have no other way to describe what’s going on inside of me other than saying a tornado clashed with a tsunami and all my feelings are exploding in a horrible mess.

I have a boyfriend now.

Did I respond too quickly?

Should I have said no?

I…

I didn’t want to say no.

So that’s reason enough to not say no, right?

I don’t know.

Ah, whatever.

No! Not whatever!

Shut up brain.

 

We head back to the car and I slide into the back row, immediately huffing and leaning my head against the window. I’m tired even though I got more sleep than usual, which is odd.

I lean my head on my hand, staring out the window as the car begins to move, the town slowly moving further away. We pass through a wide valley and as time passes, I notice it becomes quieter in the car as everyone slowly falls asleep.

I close my eyes and am about to join them in the world of sleep when something slips its way into my hand, and my breathing hitches slightly as I watch fingers intertwine with mine. Sehun, who I somehow didn’t notice sitting next to me is smiling, his eyes shut and his head leaned back against the seat. His hand is firmly gripping mine between my right leg and his left leg so no one will see and I smile shutting my eyes, feeling suddenly elated.

“Eunji?”

Guh.

“Eunji!”

No.
“Wake up!”

Go away.
“Eunji, wake up!”

I grudgingly open my eyes and see Suho sitting in the row ahead of me, smiling sweetly. Everyone else is asleep so he better have a good reason for waking me up.

His smile widens a bit and his eyes flicker down, looking at something. I follow his gaze and my cheeks burn when I see him looking at our hands clasped together.

Oh .

“We’re almost there,” Suho whispers, bringing my attention back to him.

I stare at him, confused until a little light bulb goes off in my head

He’s protecting us.

Well… he’s not called the guardian of EXO for nothing.

I carefully slip my hand out of Sehun’s grip and wince when he flinches, his eyes sliding open as he mumbles something incoherent like “mruh humph.” He glances down at his empty hand and pouts, looking at me. I nod towards Suho and his eyes widen, staring at his leader.

“They’ll wake up soon.” Suho’s eyes gleaming, he turns around and Sehun stares at the back of his seat, his lips barely parted.

 

Instead of going back to the hotel like I expected, the van drops us off at the back of the Tokyo Dome since it’s apparently time for them to practice again. The practice is much shorter this time around since they did more than twelve hours yesterday, today only being about four hours. I sit in my usual seat next to Kai and Sehun, all the rest of the groups sitting around us. I watch with boredom and sadly oblige when Kyuhyun and Changmin force me on stage again but this time I stare them down with irritated eyes in an attempt to see how long I’ll last.

I don’t last long, my smile breaking through my face just as the first chorus begins and Kyuhyun takes my hand. He laughs at me, his voice cracking and the director yells at him.

Karma on the evil maknae.

When I return to my seat after three run-throughs of their duet I come across a fuming Sehun.

“What’s wrong?” I ask, my eyes not leaving Eunhae as they perform Oppa Oppa.

“Nothing.” He grumbles, his eyes on the floor. I laugh at his much too obvious jealousy.

The rest of the practice goes smoothly, each song having about two run-throughs each. The concert starts at eight and the crowds fill in quickly, excitedly chanting their biases and waving their light sticks.

I sit in the crowd but come backstage just before EXO performs to wish them good luck. They’re in their dressing room, frantically worrying about I don’t know what and I put my hand on Kai’s shoulder, him flinching much too overdramatically.

“WHAT?!” He barks and gasps when he sees it’s me. “OH GOD I’M SORRY EUNJI”

“Shh! Stop yelling. Calm down, you’ll do fine.”

“I WILL NOT DO FINE”

“You’ll do fine.”

“I WON’T-“

I clasp my hand over his mouth and stare at him, fuming. Stupid ignorant brother.

“You’ll. Do. Fine. Alright?”

He nods meekly and I release him. They file out of the room and I’m about to leave when a hand grabs my wrist, pulling me back in the room.

I turn and see Sehun smiling at me in full costume and makeup.

He looks good in eyeliner.

Really good…

I blush and thankfully no one else is in the room, everyone having left.

“Er, you should go or else you’ll be late,” I say, biting my lip. He nods, taking a hand out from behind his back.

“I have something for you first,” He says, holding out his fist. “Close your eyes.”

I do as told and he takes my hand, unfolding my fingers and placing something slightly cold and light on my palm.

“Now open.”

I open my eyes and gasp when I see the little Pacman earrings I was looking at earlier at the market.

Sehun bought them.

He actually bought them.

For me.

“How did you-“

“I saw you looking at them,” He says, watching as I stare in awe at the adorable earrings.

“Thank you so much.” I grin in happiness and fling my arms around his neck.

Oops.

Okay I seriously didn’t mean to do that.

I immediately let go and blush, looking away when I realize what I just did. He laughs, blushing as well and both our heads snap up when we here Kris’s voice.

“SEHUN WHERE’D YOU GO?!”

“Is he in the dressing room?”

“I don’t know, I’ll check.”

Sehun shoots me a warning look and gripping the earrings in one hand, I dash across the room and plunk down in one of the chairs they get their hair done in, grabbing a straightener and poking at the ends of my hair with it. Sehun grabs one of his shoes and chucks it across the room and I hold in all the laughter that’s attempting to burst the sound barriers.

The door opens just then and Kris appears, rushing in. He spots Sehun and frowns. “Come on, we have less than two minutes!”

Sehun points down at his sock covered foot. “I, uh, lost my shoe.” He says bluntly.

Kris sighs, rubbing his forehead. He looks so frustrated that I can’t help but feel bad for him.

“I think I saw it over there,” I say helpfully and point in the direction he threw it in. Sehun smiles in gratitude and rushes over to where I’m pointing, grabbing his shoe and putting it on.

Kris shoots a strained smile my way. “Thanks, Eunji. HURRY UP!” He suddenly barks at Sehun and I giggle, watching them leave.

I unclasp my hand and look at the cute earrings, immediately putting them on my ears. Looking in the mirror I nod in content, the cute little ghosts sitting below my earlobes.

He actually bought me earrings.

Before I even said yes to him.

I didn’t think Sehun would be… sweet, I guess.

I was definitely wrong.

 

 


 

So I started a new story based loosely off of To The Beautiful You, which I'm sure everyone's watching :D It's called  My Roommate Isn't Who I Think He Is and it has Lulu and Chanderp in it :] 

Aight that's enough self promoting here let's look at a nice picture of Sehun on his way to perform at Music Core with the perfect BoA OH WAIT WHO'S THAT THERE GOING WITH TO SUPPORT HIM WITH HIS LUXURIOUS HAIR

 

MY HUNHAN FEELS ;A;