Just Say It

Purple-Green Love

 

"Uncle Simon is really something. He must be really serious about Daehyun hyung and Jieun noona's wedding" Zelo pouted

"W-why?" Hyosung asked

"Because he never talks to Daehyun hyung PERSONALLY unless it's really important"

"And to think he's a busy man for him to just come all the way here" Himchan added

"Is he scary?" she asked again

"Appa is not scary unnie" IU smiled "He just have this whole President aura around him"

"Yeah, I sensed it" she chuckled

Himchan nodded "Well, he is Korea's top businessman and blah blah blah blah"

"Don't you like him, oppa?"

"It's not like that. He's cool"

"Oh"

"It's like when you see him, you can tell that he got the power. He's the king of many things in Korea. Many people look up to him. What he says happens. And I can't do anything about President J though. It's already common for us royals to get married to another royal blood. No biggie. So I'm not surprised if Daehyun and Jieun will actually get married"

Yongguk glared at him, nudging him instantly "Yah!"

"Hyung!" Youngjae huffed

"A-ah. Ouch! Aahh waaaee.?!" Himchan huffed, rubbing his bruised arm

Hyosung nodded her head, staring at the floor "Is that so?"

All of them looked at her, throwing daggers to Himchan for saying such things

"Hyung! Look what you did" Jongup whispered

"I-I mean, it's n-not like EVERY arranged marriage 100% happens Hyo. But 98 % of it actually becomes real. I-I mean. it's not like that. I- uumm, what I mean is, you know. Don't worry, it's not gonna happen because we still have a 2 % chance to win thi---"

"Oh God Himchan! You are no help! Come with me!" Yongguk snapped, dragging Himchan away

IU smiled slightly, holding onto Hyosung's hand "Unnie, don't let what Himchan oppa said get inside your head"

She nodded, smiling back

"Noona! Do you want to do something fun.?" Jongup suggested, smiling widely

"Like what?"

"Let's ALL go on a date!"

"Huh.?"

"Let's go on a date" he repeated "You, me, IU, Zelo & Youngjae hyung"

"What about Yongguk oppa, Himchan oppa, Daehyun & Jieun?"

Youngjae walked closer to her, grabbing her by the wrist "Come on Hyo. You need this. Yongguk hyung & Himchan hyung can manage well by themselves. Let Daehyun & Jieun settle whatever it is they have to settle"

"A-are you sure?"

"Of course unnie!" IU beamed "You need something to take this problem off your mind"

"Going somewhere guys.?" someone asked

Yoseob, holding a glass filled with orange juice approached the 5 of them

"Oppa!" Hyosung started

"Hyung! Excellent timing! Wanna come with us.?" Youngjae suggested

"We're going somewhere fun!" Jongup added "Join us hyung"

Yoseob smiled, sitting on the balcony railing "It's okay. You guys go ahead. I'll just stay here"

"Wae hyung.? You also need to loosen up. It seems like something has been bothering you lately"

"I'm alright dongsaeng" he smiled "Now go before time kills your joy"

IU nodded, glancing at Yoseob then to the others "Arasso oppa, we'll see you later" 

"Oohh! Oohh! Oohh!" Zelo jumped happily "Come on! Come on!"

"B-bye oppa" Hyosung waved as she was dragged by the 2 maknaes "Where are we going?"

"Fun Fair!"

"W-where?"

"No questions noona!" Jongup grinned, holding her hand while Zelo held the other "Zelo-ah, let's go!"

"Yes sir!" Zelo saluted as the 3 of them ran off

"H-hey wait up!" IU whined. Cute enough for Youngjae to smile to himself

 

~~~~~~~

"Oh oppa! What are you doing out here all alone.?" Jieun asked as she stepped out of the patio

"Relaxing" Yoseob shrugged "Yongguk and Himchan went out to enjoy the festival while the others went to Fun Fair"

"You should have been with them"

"Ani, it's okay. It's more fun to relax"

Jieun sighed, sitting at the edge of the lawn chair Yoseob was lying in "At least some of us could use a bit of relaxing"

"So . . . How is it?"

"I have no idea. Daehyun is still in the study with his parents and Sunhwa unnie. Speaking of family, why aren't you there.?"

"This is Daehyun's time. Besides, even if I'm there, I won't be able to do anything so what's the point.? Just let Daehyun do this his own way"

"Oh ho ho ho ho" Jieun laughed "Knowing you, you're very supportive and protective over your cousin dongsaeng. Always willing to help him and here you are, absolutely doing nothing"

"No need" he smiled "He's big enough. He can do this on his own"

"Let's hope"

"How about you? Are you okay?"

"I don't know. Should I be sad? Angry? Frustrated? Mad? Disappointed? Crazy.? I just don't really know anymore"

"You should be happy"

"And why is that.?"

"Cause you're lucky that you have ME ALL ALONE for now" he joked

"Oh really.?" she smiled, amused 

"Really" he grinned as he stood, extending his hand out for her "Come"

"Where?" she asked but grabbed his hand nonetheless

"Somewhere we can forget this bad fairytale for a little while"

"I c-can't. They might call me for the w-wedding"

"Who cares.?" he smiled "Come with me"

"Okay"

 

 

~~~~~~~

Daehyun stood in front of the huge study room. Silently staring at his father who was sitting on the big desk across from him, his mother and Sunhwa seated on the two sofa chairs beside the desk. Simon leaned both his elbows on the desk, intertwining his fingers together

"What is this nonsense I'm hearing, son?"

"It's not nonsense father" Daehyun replied, clenching his fists

"Then what do you call denying your fathers' order?"

"It's called living my own life"

Simon raised an eyebrow, leaning his back against his chair "Excuse me.?" 

"I don't wanna do the stupid wedding"

"And why is that?"

"I-I just don't want to"

"You just don't want to?" Simon laughed "Try better, son"

He sighed, glancing at his mother and Sunhwa then back to his father "I don't like Jieun that way"

"Who said feelings should be involved in this wedding?" 

"Now oppa" Sunhwa hushed "Give Daehyun some time to explain further. Go on, Dae"

He exhaled deeply, putting both hands inside his pocket "I don't wanna do the wedding"

"I'll ask for the second and last time, son" Simon said, staring at Daehyun intensely "WHY?"

"Because . . . . ."

Silence 

"I don't want to be married at this very age"

"Is THAT all your reasons?"

Sohee looked at him, sighing disappointedly

"Why can't I just tell the truth.?! Father, I like someone else and she's the most important person in my life. Even though we're not a couple, I can't imagine a second of my life not being able to see her, talk to her, laugh with her, make her smile, make her cry, maker her eyebrows frown because of my constant teasing. Lastly, make her mine!"

"I don't have forever to waste, son. Is that all you want to say?" Simon said, tapping his finger on the desk

"Yes"

Simon shrugged, also feeling a bit disappointed at his son for not telling the real reason: Hyosung. He just wants to see for himself if Daehyun will be able to stand up to him and say right in his face that it's time to make his own choices, specifically choosing the right person to be with. Knowing full well his son who dislikes girls before. But that wasn't what he expected it would be. At least

"You and Jieun are arranged to be engaged next month" was all Simon said as he stood up, walking straight to the door

"W-wait!" Daehyun stopped him

Sunhwa fisted both her hands right infront of her chest, silently cheering for her nephew "You can do this Dae"

"What.?" Simon said, facing his son

"I . . . . . . . I . . . ."

"Just say it, dear" Sohee smiled "Say everything"

Simon raised a brow, crossing his arms "I'm waiting Daehyun" 

"I don't love Jieun"

"And we're back with that" Simon said, rolling his eyes "If you don't have anything better to sa---"

"I'm inlove with someone else!"

Sohee and Sunhwa exchanged knowing glances, smiling at each other

Simon smiled to himself but got rid of it the soonest, he wants to challenge his own son. Challenge Daehyun if he can really convince him to cancel the merge and the wedding "So?"

Daehyun looked at him, biting his bottom lip

"So what if you're inlove with someone else.? Will that solve the case.? NO. It simply won't"

"No it simply won't" he repeated, looking down the floor "But . . . . . But there has never been a girl who I despised and hated, yet turned to be the most ---- important person in my life. I hate her! Because all she did was stare at me with those beautiful brown eyes, yell at me, curse me, still, she had me ---- my heart. I love her father! I love her so much it hurts that I can't choose a life of my own. I love her so much that it embarrases me that I'm like this. All this because of her"

"If I cancel the wedding, it will be such a big news. It's already out in the media. Are you MAD to put dirt on the Jung's name.?! By canceling the wedding, it will be a scandal. A huge one at that. Do you realize that Jung Daehyun.?!"

"Yes I do" he nodded, still looking down the floor

"You leave me no choice, son. After you graduate from highschool, you'll study abroad. Do you understand that.? And you'll manage the business when you've learned enough. Do we understand each other here.?

"I'll do my best to meet up with your expectations"

"Since when did I have a rebel son.?" Simon sighed, rubbing the sides of his forehead "Is that all you want to say.?"

"Yes"

"You can leave now"

He nodded once more, walking straight to the door. But before he closed it, he took one last glimpse of his father, and smiled "Thanks . . . . dad"

Simon smiled back as Daehyun closed the door "I'm proud of you . . . . Dae"

 

 

 

 

 

(It's been awhile BABYs >__< One Shot promotion ends tomorrow >_< Rest well my boys <3 )