No Matter What

Purple-Green Love

 

"SEEEOOUULL.! It's been a while. I missed you" Himchan yelled

"Well that's a shocker" Youngjae whispered sarcastically to Daehyun

Yongguk laughed upon hearing Youngjae. He grabbed Himchan by the neck and dragged him out of the airport "Alright. Stop with all the drama, let's go home now"

Himchan nodded his head "O-okay. See you at school you guys.!" 

While Yongguk and Himchan stepped out through the airport door with Mr. Jason and their classmtaes, a running & happy IU followed by a smiling Yoseob and some bodyguards went inside. IU ran excitedly to Hyosung and Jieun while Yoseob jogged to Daehyun and Youngjae

"Unnie.! Unnie.!" IU squealed

Hyosung smiled as IU jumped at her, hugging her tightly "Good to see you too"

"I missed you so much unnie" 

Jieun cleared "Don't I get my 'welcome back' hug too.?"

IU giggled, letting go of Hyosung then hugging Jieun "I missed you too unnie. You have so many things to tell me"

"I'll tell you later. When it's only the 3 of us" 

"Oooooooooh. That should be good" IU cooed

"It is" Jieun winked

"As much as I want to stay and tell more, I can't. I have to see appa" Hyosung said "Mianhe IU"

"It's okay unnie. I understand. Jieun unnie can just tell me everything"

 

"So how was Rome and Paris.?" Yoseob asked the two boys

"Oh it was fun hyung. Especially for Daehyun" Youngjae smirked

Daehyun rolled his eyes, averting his eyes somewhere "Shut up"

"This is the first time I'm hearing that the great Dark Lord had fun in a trip" Yoseob chuckled "Great fun it must have been"

Youngjae grinned, giving him a thumbs up "Oh trust me hyung. It was REALLY fun"

"Let's stop with all the chitchat. I'm tired from the flight, let's go home" Daehyun said, trying to change the subject. Walking ahead, he looked slightly from behind and noticed Hyosung was staring at him the whole time. He gave her a small smile and a look that gives "See you at school pabo girl"

Hyosung smiled back, giving him a slight nod "See you at school"

"Unnie.!"

She blinked her eyes, coming back from reality "Oh-Oh.? What.? What.?" 

"Dreaming about Daehyun oppa I see" IU teased

"Am not.!" she pouted

Jieun chuckled, locking their arms together "Ms. Denial"

"Am not"

IU laughed, holding onto Hyosung's free arm "Come on unnie. We'll give you a ride home"

 

~~~~~~~

"Appa.! Appa.! I'm home"

"Pumpkin.?" Mr. Jun said through the other room "Pumpkin.!"

"Appa.!!" Hyosung smiled, running to her appa "I missed you so much"

"Oh I missed you too. Appa was very lonely without you"

"Mianhe I left you for 2 weeks appa"

"You don't have to worry. All that matters is you're back. Did your trip go well.?"

She nodded her head, sitting on the sofa chair 

"I had little incident but it was okay"

"Why.? What happened.?"

"I g-got lost"

"What.?! Were you okay.? Did someone hurt you.?"

"I'm fine appa. Daehyun found me immediately" she blushed

"Daehyun.? The Jung Daehyun.? Son of the President of Jung Group.? IU's older brother.?"

"Ye-yeah"

"I heard he's no good with girls. Is he good to you.?"

"Well. We were enemies at first"

"Then.?"

"Then we ended up being on the same group. And I told him if we want to pass our subject, we have to work a group so I forced him to be my friend"

"My my. My pumpkin has a way of making friends" Mr. Jun laughed

"Aaappppaaa.!" she pouted

"And then what happened.?"

"We eventually became friends. He's actually not bad appa. He's really kind . .. . . and s-sweet"

"Mmmm. It seems to me you like him"

"Wh-what.? No-no I don't" she stuttered

Mr. Jun grinned, pinching her daughters chubby cheeks "I would like to meet him. Invite him for dinner"

"Wh-what.?! Appa.! That's impossible.! I could never do that. I don't think he'll come. A guy like him would never come into our house. I mean, our house is nothing compared to theirs. He's JUNG DAEHYUN. THE JUNG DAEHYUN - Dark Lord slash Demi God. He's just. . . just. . . .different from me"

"IU and Jieun came here last time. I'm sure he's no different from his sister"

"Trust me appa. sometimes they're just too different"

"Why don't you invite IU too.? I'm sure he'll come now"

"But why.?!"

"I wanna show him my gratitude for saving you"

"Saving m---"

"He found you right.? If he hadn't found you, we wouldn't know what would happened to you. So I owe him my life"

"Appa. . . . ."

"Just invite him over tonight pumpkin. For appa.?"

"Ar-arasso" she sighed "I'll ca-call IU"

"Okay. I'll go over to the grocery store to buy some preparations for the food I'll make" Mr. Jun said then left

Ring. . . .Ring. . . .Ring. . . .Ring

"Yoboseyo.?"

"I-IU"

"Oh unnie.? What is it.?"

"L-listen. Is D-Daehyun with you.?

"Daehyun oppa.? Yeah. Wait, he just walked past the dining area. Oppa.! Oppa.! Hyosung unnie is looking for you.!"

"I-IU.! It's not li---"

"Hello.?" Daehyun said through the other line

Her heart racing fast hearing his voice and her lips starting to get numb "O-oh"

"What is it.?"

"A-are you and IU b-busy to-tonight.?"

"IU.! She's asking if you're busy tonight" he yelled

"NO I'M NOT.!" Iu yelled back

"She said she's not busy"

"Ho-how about y-you.?"

"I'm not. Why.?"

"My ap-appa wanted to i-invite you for dinner. I kinda told him about the incident when I got l-lost and that y-you found me. He wanna thank y-you for that"

For about a minute, silence and their heavy breathing was only heard in the line. Hyosung bit down on her lip, nervous at what Daehyun would respond to her invitation "But i-if you do-don't wa--"

"Okay" he answered

"Okay.?"

"Yeah. We'll come. Where is it.?"

"Re-really.? T-thanks. I-IU has b-been here, she knows w-where. I'll s-see yo-you at 7pm"

"Okay. See you" he chuckled then hung up

Beep . . . . . . After hanging up, she grabbed a pillow from the sofa and slammed it right into her face "Aaaaaaaahhhh.!! Ottoke.! What am I gonna do.?!!"

 

~~~~~~~

Ding dong. . . . . .Ding Dong

"Oh. That must be them pumpkin" Mr. Jun smiled, setting the plates in the table

"I-I'll go g-get it" Hyosung said, running to the front door. Before opening the door, she stopped for a moment and fixed herself. Taking in a deep breath, she held onto the door knob and slowly opened it "H-hey. Co-come in"

IU stepped inside first, hugging her "Unnie.!" 

"IU-ssi. Good to see you" Mr. Jun waved

"Thank you for iniviting me and my oppa, sir" IU bowed "We brought some cake, for dessert"

"What a perfect timing. I forgot to buy some on my way home. Thank you IU-ssi and Daehyun-ssi"

"No problem, sir" Daehyun bowed

"Why don't you all sit down.? Feel at home. Sorry if our house is too small compared to yours"

"Anni. That won't be a problem sir" he said

Mr. Jun nodded his head, grinning "Well, dinner is ready"

As the 4 of them sat in the table, they started eating dinner, talking from time to time. Mr. Jun and IU merely doing all the talking while Hyosung was just silently and blushingly eating and observing. Daehyun seems to be the  center of the evening, to his surprise, he wasn't nervous at all. All he did was answer every question that Mr. Jun asks

"So Daehyun-ssi, how is my pumpkin treating you?" Mr. Jun asked

Hyosung eyes grew wider, looking at her appa then glancing at Daehyun "A-appa.!"

"S-she's been treating me really well sir" he answered

"How well.?" 

"U-um. She t-took care of me when I got sick in our trip in Rome"

"I see" Mr. Jun nodded his head "I hope you treat my pumpkin very well too Daehyun-ssi"

"A-ah. Ye-yes sir"

"That won't be a problem sir" IU grinned

"Please let us all stop calling me SIR. Please call me appa, if you wouldn't mind" Mr. Jun smiled "I know we might not be rich but meeting you for the 2nd time IU-ssi and 1st time Daehyun-ssi, I feel like you are very good people"

"That would be okay, appa" IU smiled back "I finally have a 2nd appa"

"How about you Daehyun-goon.?"

"I definitely don't have a problem with that. . . . .appa" 

"That's a relief"

Continuing with their dinner, a couple of minutes had passed and they were all done. Hyosung and IU cleaned the table and washed the dished while Mr. Jun and Daehyun were out in the balcony, enjoying some fresh air a bottle of fresh wine Mr. Jun bought in the grocery awhile ago

"Daehyun-goon, let me ask you 1 final question"

"Ye-yes.?" he responded, feeling a bit nervous

"Do you like my daughter.?"

"Y-yes.?"

Mr. Jun grinned from ear to ear, sipping on his wine "It seems like you do. Don't worry, I'll keep this a secret between us"

"That obvious, appa.?" he chuckled, shaking his head

"A little" Mr. Jun laughed "My daughter is really slow at realizing these kind of things. I hope you can tell her how you feel, otherwise she'll get the wrong idea"

"I don't know when I will be able to tell her. I'm quite nervous"

"It's only normal to get nervous. Just take things slow"

"Yes"

"I hope you take care of my daughter really well Daehyun. She'll need that. For the past years she's always working and taking care of me. Right now, she needs to rest and be a teenager, to experience what normal teenagers should. She deserves much more than what she has now. And I'm glad she has many wonderful friends surrounding her especially a guy like you. Thank you Daehyun-ssi. I'll leave her into your hands"

Daehyun just stared at Mr. Jun, thankful but at the same time confused. What does Mr. Jun meant by that.? Why is he saying all those things? Is he leaving.?  But all he could answer was "Yes. I'll take care of her"

"No matter what.?"

"No matter what" he said, looking at Hyosung who was busy wiping the table