Can't Be True

Purple-Green Love

 

"Appa, Hyosung unnie, thank you for inviting us. The food was delicious" IU smiled as she and Daehyun stepped out of their house, bowing at them again

"I'm glad you enjoyed it IU. Hyosung cooked it by the way" Mr. Jun replied "She's great, isn't she.?"

IU smirked and nudged Daehyun, giving him a chance to talk

"A-ah. Ye-yes. She's great, I'll see you tomorrow. . . . . .pabo girl" he grinned, nodding at her

Hyosung blushed, puffing her bloated cheeks "Y-yah. Even though you're infront of my appa, you still have the guts to call me that. . . . .Jerk"

Mr. Jun chuckled, shaking his head "Alright KIDS, this will be the 79th and last time you'll be fighting for the night"

"HE started it.!" she said, pointing at Daehyun

"See you tomorrow" he smiled charmingly at her

Biting her bottom lip, she slowly nodded her head, hesitating to look at him in the eyes "Mmn. Ar-arsso"

"Goodnight unnie. Goodnight appa" IU said

"Have a goodnight a-appa" Daehyun bowed one last time "Pabo girl"

"Jerk" she countered back, sticking out her tongue

Mr. Jun and Hyosung just watched them get inside their car and drove off. After diappearing from distance, Mr. Jun smiled warmingly at his daughter as he closed the door behind them. "Seems like you really like him, pumpkin"

"It's not like that appa" she blushed

"Oooooooohhh. My pumpkin is blushing, this is the first time I'm seeing you like this"

"I'm nooottt"

"Tell me honestly Hyosung, do you like Daehyun.? Do you have feelings for him.?" he asked seriously

Hyosung stared at her appa, feeling the seriousness in his tone and eyes. She kept quiet for a moment, fidgeting with the bracelet Daehyun gave her "Yes. I like him appa"

Mr. Jun sighed relievingly "I'm glad. I really like that guy. He's nice"

"But he's a jerk appa" she giggled

"He's a jerk alright" he grinned "A jerk that will take care of you"

 

~~~~~~~

"Omo.! Ice Princess Hyuna.! You look much prettier than the last time. I've fallen inlove again" a male classmate of Hyuna said to her

Hyuna stopped from her tracks, winking at him "I've fallen all over again to myself too"

"Marry me Ice Princess.!!" another male student shouted

"Hmmm. I'll think about it oppa" she smiled seductively

"Hyuna unnie.! Can you please sign my journal notebook.? It's all about you.! You admire me so much.! You're my hero.!" a female freshmen student squealed, running up to her

"Why not dongsaeng. Anyone who likes me, I'll like them too" she said "Keep on supporting me, maybe I'll make you an ally"

"Waaaaaaa.!! Jinja.?! Aahh ye-yes.! I'll support you forever unnie.!! Bye unnie.!" 

Hyuna waved at the happy female student. Walking straightly in the hallway, making all the male students swoon over his beauty. She made a right turn, entering the girl's restroom with her friend, Jiyeon

Jiyeon fixed her mascara, looking at Hyuna through the mirror "What you said awhile ago, was that true.?"

"What.?"

"When you said you're gonna make that girl your ally"

"Oh that.?" she laughed "Please.! Like that's ever gonna happen. I was just playing with her"

"You're such a " Jiyeon chuckled

"Yes I am. The es of all es" she smiled, adding some velvet red lipstick

"So what's your plan now with Daehyun.?" Jiyeon asked

She suddenly dropped her head low, letting out a frustrated sigh "Aaahh. I don't know. He never notices me. I just wish for once he'd look at me with those charming, beautiful, wonderful, y eyes. I really like him. He's the first guy that made me feel this way. I want him so bad"

"Wow"

"I know. Wow" she pouted

"Out of all the male guys in the world who would do anything just to have you, you just had to choose the Dark Lord"

"Isn't our given names perfect for each other.? I'm known to be perfect here in school. Just like a Goddess and he's called the Dark Lord or Demi God"

"But you're the Ice Princess, Hyuna"

"I know that but we're just so close to each other. We're the perfect couple, why can't he see that.?"

Jiyeon smiled, patting her friend's shoulder "Maybe he will, someday" 

"You really think so.?"

"I know so" Jiyeon confirmed, smiling

"Thanks Jiyeon-ah, you're the best"

"Hey, I'm just like a sister. That's what friends do"

"What do you mean you're just like a sister.? YOU are a sister to me" she protested, grinning

Jiyeon giggled, linking arms with her "Weeeelll, if you say so, I'll gladly accept"

The two girls exited the restroom, laughing. Just as when they enter their classroom, Hyuna stopped midway when he saw the man of her dreams, the love of her life "Da-Daehyun oppa.!!"

Daehyun didn't look back, continuing on going up the stairs with his friends

"Aahhh. Boooyyaa.!!"

"Maybe he didn't hear you. Don't worry, you'll get your chance" Jiyeon assured her "Come on, class is about to start"

 

~~~~~~~

After a very long day at school and work, Hyosung made her way to their front door, turning the door knob and going inside. While going inside, she noticed that there two large suitcases in the living room, so she looked for her appa, wonderwing where would he go this time "Appa.? Appa.?"

"You're home, pumpkin" Mr. Jun said, smiling sadly

"Are you going somewhere again.? I told you to stop working app---"

"Not me. You" Mr. Jun interrupted

"Huh.? Me.? Where am I going.?"

"You're going to live with your mother from now on"

"Wh-what.?!" she almost choked, tearing up "Ap-appa. Wh-what ar-are you sa-saying.?"

"I-I'm sorry pumpkin, me and your umma already talked about this when you were on your graduation trip"

"D-don't I have a say in it.? I don't want to.! I don't wanna live with her.! Aappaaa.! Why are you like this.?!" she yelled, crying

Mr. Jun sighed, seeing her daughter like this broke his world into a million pieces, but he had no choice, it's either this or the other one, which is much more painful "I'm sorry pumpkin. You're umma is on her way to pick you up"

"I don't w-want to.!"

"Don't you love you're umma.?"

"I love her appa but I love you more. I don't wanna be separated from you. I don't want to" she sobbed

"Separated" Mr. Jun said, a tear rolled down on his cheek. He walked near his daughter and enveloped her in a hug "Please understand this Hyosung. I don't want this to happen to but I have no choice"

"A-appa.!"

Ding Dong

"That must be your umma" Mr. Jun sighed "Come in.!"

Hyorim stepped inside the house, a sad smiled plastered on her face "Hey Hyosung". A giant male followed her, walkng across the living room, bringing the two large suitcase and went outside first, leaving the 3 of them inside

"Appa.! Appa.! I really don't want to.! Please don't leave me.!! Let me live with you.!!" Hyosung cried desperately, clutching on his father's shirt 

"Pum-pumkin. Let go. You have to go, you have a new family now. Don't worry, appa will be fine" Mr. Jun convincingly said, holding onto her daughter's hands and slowly letting go "I promise, I'll be fine"

"Andwae.! Andwae.!" she cried even harder "I don't want to. Appa.! Don't throw me away just like this.! Appa.!!"

Hyorim wiped the tear that was on her cheeks. She walked near her daughter, dragging her away from her appa "Let's go Hyosung-ah"

"I don't want to.!" she protested, trying to get away from her umma's hold "Umma.! I don't want to.! I wanna live with appa.!"

"I CAN'T LIVE WITH YOU ANYMORE HYOSUNG.! I'M SO TIRED OF WORKING MY OFF TO GIVE YOU A BETTER LIFE.!" Mr. Jun yelled, clenching his fists "I DON'T DESERVE YOU AS MY DAUGHTER.! AND YOU DESERVE MORE.! LEAVE NOW AND NEVER COME BACK.!"

"Appa" she sobbed, his words were like daggers in her heart. She could not believe that her own appa said that to her, things were just fine yesterday and now this happened "A-appa"

"LEAVE.! Hyorim, take her now.!" he stated firmly "Go.!"

Hyorim nodded her head, awed at what her ex-husband said. She held onto Hyosung's wrist tightly, forcibly dragging her away from the house "Come on Hyosung. Let's go"

"No.! No.! Appa.! Appa.!!" Hyosung shrieked, reaching out her hands, hoping that her appa would hold it 

Mr. Jun just watched her daughter being dragged away by his ex-wife, her eyes red as blood from crying. As soon as they were out of the house, he slammed the door shut, glancing at his beautiful daughter one last time. After closing it, he punched the door, leaning his forehead against it and slowly sliding down "I'm sorry Hyosung. I have to do this, for your sake. I just can't leave you all alone. I'm so sorry my pumpkin" he cried sobbingly "I'm sorry"

 

~~~~~~~

"Hey" Hyorim smiled sadly at her daughter who was sitting on her new bed on her new room "Feeling better.?"

"No" she replied flatly "I wanna go home.! Please take me home.!"

"This is your new home, Hyosung"

"No" she whispered, shaking her head slightly "I want to live with appa"

"But your appa doesn't wanna live with you" Hyorim sighed

"Why are you like this.?! Why are you telling me that he doesn't want me.?! You were the one who left us alone.!"

"You think I chose to do that, Hyosung.?! You're my daughter.! I would never leave you.! I had no choice.! Me and your appa weren't just happy as a married couple.!"

"You had a choice, everyone does.! But you chose the one that broke our family.! I don't like it here.! I want to live with appa.!"

Hyorim sat next to her, hugging her "Hyosung. Just give umma a chance to be with you" 

"I-I want t-to be with a-appa.! Appa.!! Appa.!!" she cried "Appa.! I miss him.!"

"I know sweetheart. I know. We'll figure this out"

"H-how.??" she sobbed

"I don't know" Hyorim sighed "I honestly don't know"

"Appaaaa.!!" 

"Honey.?" Hyorim's husband peeked through the door

"Yes honey.?"

"Uumm. Dinner's ready" he smiled "Hi Hyosung"

Hyosung sniffed, bowing slightly, trying to be polite

"I'm Charles by the way. Charles Jacobs, half Korean - half American. Nice to meet you and welcome to the family"

Instead of responding, she just stared at him, thinking about her appa

"Let's go eat" Hyorim said, taking her daughter's hand

"I'll go call our princess" Charles smiled

Finally on the dinner table, Hyosung sat next to her umma, wandering her tired eyes around the house, and finally stopped at an empty seat across from her

"Ooohh. What's for dinner.? I'm starving.!" a girl said from behind

"Pasta, You're favorite my princess" Charles grinned

The girl clapped her hands, squealing and running to her seat "Mmmn. This lo------ You.!"

"Hy-hyuna.?"

 

 

 

 

( Dundundundundundun. W H A T  I S  T H I S . ? ! H Y U N A .? ! )