Chapter 7

Awkward Love and Music

 

Heechul walked into the studio ten minutes late for rehearsal, but it was the last thing he cared about. There were two reasons why he had said yes to Kyuhyun’s offer. Number one was so Ryeowook would get in instead of him. Number two was to stop Kyuhyun from asking him about it. So it wasn’t in his greatest interest to show up, but he did it anyway. It wasn’t like he did much else with his life.

“You’re late.” Kyuhyun stated as Heechul walked past him while texting on his phone. Heechul looked up at Kyuhyun, his expression clearly showing that he had no interest in being in the band.

“I had classes.” Heechul replied as he pulled over one of the chairs and sat down.

“Just let us know okay?”

Heechul merely shrugged.

“So… Heechul, this is Donghae who plays lead guitar and Eunhyuk on the bass.”

Heechul stared at Donghae and then Eunhyuk. He could instantly tell that they were dating.

“So I’ll take it that you two are sleeping with each other?” Eunhyuk blushed at Heechul’s question. Kyuhyun gave Donghae and Eunhyuk an apologetic look as the silence passed between them.

“Anyway, and then there’s Kangin who is obviously playing drums.”  Kangin smiled and nodded as Kyuhyun introduced him.

 

Heechul made a quick mental note of the names and then proceeded to sit there bored. Kyuhyun picked up a music score and handed it to Heechul.

“This is what we will rehearse first, so just sing to it.”

Heechul read through the first half of the lyrics and scoffed. He couldn’t believe how much the lyrics related to the last breakup he went through. This would be distracting.

“You expect me to sing a song about breakups?” Heechul sounded amused and annoyed.

“I don’t see why not.” Kyuhyun answered. “But if it reminds you of someone than I could change it.”

“No, no, forget it. It’s fine.” Heechul stood up and walked into the middle the room. He took a breath before starting the first line as Donghae began to play.

Kyuhyun was in awe as he listened to Heechul sing his lyrics. He definitely made no mistake in asking him to sing for the band. But he knew Heechul was going to be a tricky personality to deal with.

 

 

Yesung tried his best to stay awake as he lay next to his boyfriend who was incessantly talking about the so called ‘drama’ in his life. They had just had at least five times, and Yesung was sure that Ryeowook would ask for one more round before going to sleep.

“So yeah… Kyuhyun just kept rejecting me. He is really such an you know?” Ryeowook lay there for a moment giving Yesung a few seconds of silence. “That gives me an idea!” Ryeowook exclaimed as he rolled onto his side so he could look at Yesung.

“Do you mind if I sleep with him?” Yesung’s eyes widened at Ryeowook’s question.

“What? You mean Kyuhyun?”

Ryeowook nodded. “Well it could convince him to give me the part. Just by what I did today, I could tell he’s the type to be easily seduced.”

“But you seem to hate this guy now.”

“So? Hate filled is hot.”

Yesung brought his hands up to massage his eyes. He couldn’t believe that Ryeowook would ask such a question. But it wasn’t that surprising since Ryeowook seemed to have on his mind all the time.

“No.”

“What do you mean no?” Ryeowook pouted.

“I mean no, I will not let you sleep with Kyuhyun.”

“It will just be one time.”

“No.”

“What if I top?”

“No.”

“What if I just give him a ?”

“No.”

“?”

“No.”

“What if he me off?”

“No way.”

“What if you watch?”

“No!”

Ryeowook rolled his eyes and let himself fall onto his back. He didn’t think Yesung would be so stubborn about it so his plan had failed again.

“But what if I-“

“No Ryeowook!” Yesung pulled the covers over him and turned away from Ryeowook. “I’m going to sleep now.”

Ryeowook looked over at his lover with a worried expression. He didn’t mean to annoy him with questions, so he now felt a little guilty. But he knew that he would make it up to Yesung with in the morning.

 

 

Sungmin wasn’t as scared anymore to show up at the university since his argument with Heechul. He concluded that Heechul probably forgot considering he made no mention of it.

However, the things that was bothering him at the moment, was the fact that he couldn’t get Heechul off his mind. He replayed the scene of their kiss in his head over and over again and it was really starting to do things to him.

Sungmin would stare at Heechul whenever he saw him during his breaks. Although, he tried to be discreet about it, Heechul occasionally noticed.

 

After his last class had finished, Sungmin had decided to go to the shopping mall. He spent most of his time just window shopping since he couldn’t really afford much. After two hours of walking around, Sungmin decided to get something to eat. He remembered that an ice-cream store had opened up not long ago just outside the centre and he had been meaning to go there.

He made his way up the stairs and slowly entered the shop. Sungmin looked around and was relieved that he was the only customer in there. He walked up to the counter and stared at all the different flavours of ice-cream. Sungmin decided he would have strawberry which was what he always chose whenever he had ice-cream.

 

As Sungmin looked up from the ice-cream, he was faced with a very different looking Heechul. He was wearing a pink shirt with white pants and had his hair tied back. All that Sungmin could think about now was how handsome Heechul was.

Heechul rolled his eyes. “You love to follow me don’t you?”

Sungmin tried to find the right words, but he was too embarrassed to really say anything. And Heechul’s over-confident demeanour wasn’t helping.

“So what can I get today?” Heechul instantly went back into his job role, like Sungmin was just another stranger that walked in.

Sungmin just stood there fiddling with his fingers with a shocked expression. Out of all the places he could have gone to, he chose the one that Heechul worked at. How convenient.

“Umm… “

Heechul stood there rather impatiently. His eyes were fixated on Sungmin’s and he was well aware that it made the other nervous.

“I’m not choosing for you.”

Sungmin kept looking at Heechul. The words failed to come out of his mouth and it was making his anxiety worse.

“Fair enough.” Heechul started to scoop up some ice cream and put it into a cone. He reached over the counter and held the ice cream out to Sungmin. Sungmin nervously reached out his hand and took it. He shivered as his hand touched Heechul’s causing him to nearly drop the food.

He quickly took out a note from his pocket and left it on the counter before bowing goodbye to Heechul and turning around to exit the shop.  Once he was outside, Sungmin walked home as fast as he could while still eating his ice cream. He had no idea what flavour it was, but it was the best tasting ice cream he had ever had.

 

As soon as Sungmin got home, he quickly ran up the stairs to his bedroom, ignoring Henry who was trying to tell him about who was waiting for him in his room. Sungmin opened the door to his room and found Ryeowook standing in front of his mirror wearing his clothes.

Sungmin’s room was pink, and maybe a bit too pink. In fact, he used to have most of the small apartment in his favourite colour until Henry moved in.

 

“What are you doing?” Sungmin closed the door behind him while watching his friend check himself out in the mirror.

“Oh hey Sungmin. Come over here are tell me if my looks fat in these pants.”

Sungmin started to laugh as he walked over. He loved seeing this cute side of Ryeowook as it never failed to amuse him.

“You look fine Ryeowook.”

“Are you sure? Pink isn’t usually my colour. But what about this shirt?” Ryeowook turned to face Sungmin. “I want to look cute, so I hope this is good.”

“It looks nice. But why do you want to look cute?” Sungmin was a little bit confused by Ryeowook’s actions.

“I have a date with Yesung tonight.”

“And you need my clothes?” Sungmin grew more puzzled.

“Yesung told me this morning that I have tone it down a little, so since I pissed him off last night, I thought I would do him a favour.” Ryeowook said as he pulled off the shirt and put his own back on.

“Tone what down?” Sungmin looked way. Even though they had been close friends for nearly fifteen years, Sungmin was still embarrassed about seeing Ryeowook change in front of him.

“Apparently he can’t handle all the we have.”

“Really?” Sungmin tried to sound surprised.

“And he thinks that I dress too ual, so that’s why I’m wearing your innocent clothes.”

Ryeowook then proceeded to take off the pants and pull on his usual leather ones.

“But don’t worry; I’ll have him ing me before the night ends.” Ryeowook walked back into the closet and searched through some more clothes.

“So why do you look all bothered?” Ryeowook asked.

Sungmin sat down on his bed thinking about the afternoon. He was ashamed at the fact that he had found Heechul to be attractive because he never really thought that way about anyone before.

“It’s nothing.” He replied. Sungmin wasn’t going to bother his friend with his problems since he was already in some of his own.

“You better not be hiding anything from me.” Ryeowook walked out of the closet holding more of Sungmin’s clothes. “And I’m taking these by the way.”

Sungmin brought his knees up to his chest and stared at the ground. He was never good at hiding things. His non-verbal actions gave it away every time. Ryeowook sat down behind him and gave him a hug.

“I’m not stupid, Sungmin. So tell me what’s going on in your ever-so wonderful life.”

Sungmin leaned back and rested his head in Ryeowook’s lap. He knew that he wouldn’t win against his friend so he did what he does every time and told him everything.

 

“I thought he looked good today.” 

Ryeowook instantly knew who Sungmin was referring to. It bothered him that Sungmin couldn’t stop thinking about Heechul. Ryeowook knew that his friend could not help but worry about things in life, but it was more so the fact that he was concerned about such a heartless person.

“Good in what way?” Ryeowook tried to sound caring.

“You know… like…pretty.”

“So you are attracted to Heechul?”

“I don’t know.” He mumbled, slightly hoping that Ryeowook wouldn’t hear, but the other heard perfectly.

“Finding someone attractive is not necessarily a bad thing.”

“And there is something else about him.”

“Yes?”

Sungmin hesitated before speaking again. “Whenever he…” He wasn’t sure if he could continue.

“Whenever he…?”

“Whenever he looks at me, I always… you know…” Sungmin put his hands over his face in embarrassment.

“I know a lot of things Sungmin, but I don’t know this.” Ryeowook smiled down at his friend. “I have been there and done that in terms of finding guys attractive so I’m pretty sure I won’t find it weird.”

Sungmin took a moment to think about what Ryeowook said before continuing on.

“I always…umm…feel weird and tingly inside.”

“Awww! My Sungmin likes someone! How cute.” Ryeowook pulled Sungmin up so that he was sitting in his lap and wrapped his arms tightly around him. Sungmin was still blushing and couldn’t’ help but smile at Ryeowook’s excitement.

“But why Heechul though? You even said that he was rude to you.”

“I don’t know. I can’t help it.” Sungmin turned around and faced Ryeowook. “Don’t hate me for it, just because you hate him.”

“I could never hate you Sungmin. Never, never, ever, never hate you. You got that?”

Sungmin nodded slowly. He was glad to have a friend like Ryeowook. But he still wasn’t sure if it was the right decision to admit that he liked Heechul because he wasn’t even entirely sure if he what he was feeling was true.

 

 

 

This chapter was the most fun to write. So I hope you enjoyed it.

Sungmin is so cute in this fic. I love him!!