Chapter 6

Awkward Love and Music

 

Sungmin stood outside the university clutching onto his textbook like my life depended on it while Ryeowook and Yesung stood beside him. It had taken them a total of two hours to get here due to Sungmin rethinking his decision to go to class and deciding to walk back home. Plus he had to hand in his resume to three different places, all which turned out to be a not so positive experience. It was definitely a morning of panic attacks and useless words.

“Sungmin, you have twenty minutes until class. Just go up there now and get in early so you won’t run into him.” Yesung gave his advice despite the fact he was still annoyed at the fact that he had to be woken up so early.

“I could be halfway home in twenty minutes.” Sungmin smiled weakly, hoping Ryeowook would give up and just let him go.

“No you won’t because you will be in class. Now let’s go.” Ryeowook grabbed Sungmin’s hand and headed towards the main building.

 

“Now walk right in there and as much as I know you hate this, sit at the very front, because I doubt he will and plus you won’t have to see him. Is that okay?” Sungmin thought it about it for a second. He had never sat at the front of any class room before. It felt like everybody would be staring at him if he did, but Ryeowook’s idea did have a very valid point to it.

“I guess so. “

“That’s wonderful to hear. Just try to focus on whatever’s being taught. You love this stuff anyway so think only about it and nothing else.” Ryeowook gave Sungmin a quick hug before going off with Yesung to their singing tutorial.

 

Sungmin fixed his sweater before slowly opening the door. Seeing that no one was inside, he walked in and took a seat in the first row. He set his book down on the desk and took off his bag, using everything possible to distract himself from feeling anxious. He still had ten minutes until the lecture started, so to pass the time he flicked through this week’s chapter in the book. Thinking that he was alone, Sungmin began to talk to himself.

 

“Why is this textbook so difficult to understand? I don’t get it.” Sungmin kept flicking through the pages of the chapter and gave up when he saw nothing of interest.

“I play classical music, not modern and it is frustrating me. But I have to stick with it. I have to, have to, have to…”  Sungmin closed the book and leaned back in his chair.

“This is all his fault. I couldn’t sleep and now I can’t concentrate so I’m going to fail and this and then fail at life because I didn’t complete university so everyone will hate me, well my family anyway because I don’t really have a lot of friends.”

“Oh stop complaining.” Sungmin froze as he heard someone speak behind him. Instead of turning around to see who it was he just wanted to die right there. He was caught talking to himself and now that he thought about it, he recognised that voice. Sungmin quickly looked back and saw Heechul sitting at the back of the room, his eyes fixed on the notebook he was writing in.

 

Oh pickles, it’s him!  What am I going to do? Maybe he doesn’t remember. Maybe Ryeowook was right. Okay, I’m overreacting here and need to think straight… oh my god he is looking at me!

 

“Do you always have to stare at me?” Sungmin didn’t know where he found the confidence to ask that question, but he just did and it kind of felt good.

“You just always seem to end up wherever I am.”

“I do not!” Heechul rolled his eyes and kept writing.

“I’ve been in here for half an hour and then you walked early for some reason and didn’t shut up.” Sungmin’s expression changed to surprise when he realised that Heechul had been in here the whole time he was.

 

“So if you like me, just say it so we can and get it over with.”

Ryeowook was right about Heechul sleeping around. He has such a dirty mind.

“What?! How could you say such a word?”

“You mean ?” Heechul asked. He was enjoying Sungmin’s reactions every time he spoke. “If you would prefer it I could say ?”

“Eww don’t say that.”

Heechul smirked. “You’re so innocent. Bet you’ve never had a erted thought in your life.” Sungmin did not like where this was going, but he was not going to let Heechul win this conversation.

“You are so rude you know that?”

“I’m just playing with you. Your expressions are priceless. Probably the most amusing thing since I got here.”

“And do you realise how rude that it?”

“I don’t give a .”

“Can you please stop swearing?”

“Whatever.”

“Gosh, I can’t believe you. My friend was so right about you.”

“Right about me? You mean that pretentious guy who can’t keep his mouth shut?”

“He was right that you when he said you were… well I can’t say it, but it was bad!”

“Well you can tell Mr. Pretentious that he can my .”

Sungmin gasped as he heard Heechul use more profanities. He was finally speechless, or more so defeated since Heechul had finally shut him up.

“Class will start soon, so you better get reading.” Heechul said ending the conversation.

 

Sungmin turned around and opened his book. While he was annoyed with Heechul for being offensive, he was angry with himself for thinking that Heechul could be a nice person.

 

 

Kyuhyun was sitting at one of the cafeteria tables eating what was probably the worst cheese sandwich he had ever tasted. He was looking over one of the music scores he was to write lyrics to, when Ryeowook came over and sat across from him.

“You need to give me that part.” He stated with nothing but a serious expression to go with it. Kyuhyun looked up over his reading glasses.

“Excuse me?”

“You heard me. I need you to get rid of Heechul and make me vocalist.”

Kyuhyun put down his half eaten sandwich and stared at Ryeowook like he was crazy.

“I can’t do that. I asked him first and plus his voice is much more suited to the band.”

“What? That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. How can Heechul have a better voice than me? I am like professional standard.”

Kyuhyun sighed. “I’m not saying you don’t have a good voice, it’s rather nice actually, but I’ve found someone so I can’t.” 

Ryeowook knew that just asking him wouldn’t work, so he decided to try something else. As Kyuhyun went back to reading the score, Ryeowook brought his foot up and placed it between Kyuhyun’s legs. Kyuhyun gasped as he felt Ryeowook foot push against his crotch. He looked up and saw that Ryeowook was watching him closely. He moved his foot in such a way that Kyuhyun had to cover his mouth to stifle the moans.

“You better give me that part.”

Kyuhyun didn’t answer. He wasn’t going to give the reaction that Ryeowook wanted.

“Feels good doesn’t it?” Ryeowook smirked. Kyuhyun tried to ignore the question even though he knew the answer. He was certainly finding this pleasurable, but wrong at the same time. There was no way he was going to let some vain first year seduce him into giving him the part.

“Oh god… no, no stop! This is so wrong.” Kyuhyun pushed Ryeowook foot away despite the fact he wanted it so bad. He collected his things and put them in his bag before standing up. “That isn’t going to work, so just leave it okay?”

“You’re going to regret it.” Ryeowook said as Kyuhyun walked off.

 

He wasn’t going to leave it until he beat Heechul. There was no way Ryeowook would ever let some arrogant guy like Heechul insult him in front of others. Ryeowook usually disregarded issues like these, but since he had caused offense to both him and Sungmin, it was now personal and he was planning to do a lot about it.

 

 

Ryeowook is so sassy and I love writing his character. Well it looks like Sungmin is gaining more confidence which is good for him. So that means that he will be paying even more attention to Heechul...