Chapter 25

Awkward Love and Music

Heechul couldn't stop staring at the sleeping figure beside him. He had woken up an hour earlier and not moved since. Sungmin seemed all too fascinating when he was sleeping and Heechul even found himself smiling a few times.

He hadn't stopped thinking about what was said the previous night. He knew for sure that he didn't love Sungmin. He believed he was far from that in this relationship. He hoped that Sungmin would question his own words, considering he did say "I think" before "I love you."

Thankfully Heechul was distracted from his thoughts as  Sungmin woke beside him. Heechul reached over and brushed the hair out of Sungmin's eyes.

"Good morning." Sungmin said, moving closer to Heechul.

"Feeling good?" Heechul asked. His hand moving down Sungmin's arm. Before he got the chance to respond, images came into Sungmin's mind about the previous night. He buried his face into Heechul's chest in embarrassment. "Why did I do that?"

"Do what?" Heechul asked in amusement.

"Last night."

Heechul wrapped an arm around Sungmin, hugging him. Times like this he thought his boyfriend was so cute.

"You had a pretty good time."

"Well so did you." Sungmin was still hiding, the blanket now pulled over his head.

"I don't usually finish that quickly." Heechul looked down as Sungmin , expecting to get some sort of innocent reaction. Sungmin pulled down the blanket and stared up at Heechul; an obvious uncertainty in his eyes. "How long should it usually go for?"

"Depends. I was just very ing aroused last night."

"Oh… so was I."

Silence filled the room for a moment as Sungmin broke the stare, trying to fill his mind with something funny and cute, other than the fact he practically said he was aroused last night. ually. For some reason, he wasn't as shy to ask Heechul any questions pertaining to . He just wasn't sure if that could be considered good or bad.

"What if I'm bad at it?"

Heechul moved down so he was face to face with Sungmin. He gave a smile, then leaned in to give a simple kiss on the others cheek.

"It really won't matter. If it makes you feel any better, my first time with a guy was bad."

"Really?"

Heechul nodded. He wasn't sure if he wanted to share the specific details. The was bad for a reason.

"What about with a girl?"

"Alright." Heechul stated. He didn't have anything  more to say on the matter. Noticing how Sungmin's expression changed, Heechul kissed him again before asking what was wrong. "What is it?"

"Nothing." Sungmin shook his head, receiving a "I don't believe you" stare in return. "Okay." Sungmin sighed. "I was just wondering when are we actually going to do it? I don't want you to get bored of me."

"Well we could do it now." Sungmin tensed up as Heechul moved his hand down Sungmin, stopping to rest on his thigh. "I'm not serious." Heechul smiled. It was obvious that Heechul was partially serious. It had been a month since he got laid so you could say he was doing very well.

"I'm sorry about yesterday. I got caught up in things and didn't think. You know how I am on days where I have exams." Sungmin apologised.

"I know." Heechul kissed Sungmin again. "But you made up for it."

Sungmin playfully hit the others arm. "Ya! Don't think I'm going to do that every time you're cranky." he warned. "And can you not talk about it all the time? I don't want people finding out I got fresh with you in a stairwell."

"Fair enough." Heechul sat up to get out of bed.

"Where are you going?" Heechul stood up, reaching over to his drawers and picking up a cigarette and lighter. "Got to feed my addictions." He displayed the items in his hands to Sungmin. "And you better get ready for our date. We're going out today." Heechul left the room before Sungmin could reply.

 

**

 

"Why did you bring me here?" Sungmin asked as Heechul parked around the corner from the bakery he worked at.

"You've said that I should eat cake with you here one day and today seems like the perfect opportunity to do so."

Sungmin suddenly looked happy. "You mean you'll actually eat cake with me here?"

"Yes, Sungmin."

"Oh my goodness." Sungmin exclaimed. "That's so exciting." Heechul froze as Sungmin pulled him into a tight embrace.

"You can let go now." he mumbled, hoping that Sungmin would and wouldn't hear him. But Sungmin seemed to be so happy, that he let go of Heechul and said "I seriously love you" like it didn't mean a thing in the world.

"You mean seriously love cake." Heechul tired to sound sarcastic to avoid any tension that would soon form if he stayed silent. Sungmin frowned at how insensitive Heechul's words came out. "And that too." he mumbled.

 

The next hour was spent in a strange silence where every minute seemed like an hour. Sungmin was onto his sixth slice of strawberry sponge cake and had yet to say a word to Heechul. He knew that Heechul didn't want to admit that he was not in love. Sungmin wasn't that naïve. But knowing his boyfriend, he would have expected him to be more mature about it. Heechul on the other hand, thought that Sungmin was being way too over the top about the whole situation and wanted to just move on and talk about something interesting. But that was their main difference. Sungmin always worried while Heechul never did.

"Don't you think you've eaten a bit much?" Heechul questioned, having finished his first piece half an hour ago, ordering none since.

Sungmin gave him a grumpy look as he chewed through the last piece of his cake. He could probably go for three more pieces if he wanted to but he had eaten all of the cake and didn't fancy any of the other ones.

"Maybe you should watch your weight."

Sungmin swallowed his food, still glaring across the table at Heechul. He stood up and walked over to the counter where there were three cakes on display. He stared at them for a moment before picking up his least favourite (a fruit cake with a strange icing made by one of the new people) and turning back to Heechul.

Heechul thought Sungmin was going to make an attempt at eating the whole thing but instead, Sungmin walked over to him and squished it in his face.

Sungmin collected his phone and wallet off the table and exited the store. He didn't care if he had to walk twenty minutes to his apartment. It might just make him get rid of the weight that Heechul said he had gained.

 

 

Sungmin was a lot of emotions when he arrived home. He rolled his eyes as he heard what Ryeowook and Henry were talking about in the lounge room; boys and . Sungmin didn't want to hear it, so he went up stairs and into his bedroom. The safe place where no one could be mean to him. He closed the door behind him and closed the curtains. He hastily took off Heechul's clothes that he was wearing and put on his pyjamas. He got into his bed, all snuggled up under his pink blankets and started to cry. Heechul had touched on a very sensitive subject. Sungmin knew that he was a little bit bigger than his friends and got quite ashamed of his 'curves'.

Sungmin continued to cry into his pillow, his tears staining the pink fabric. He flinched as he felt someone's hand on his shoulder; Ryeowook's.

"Go away." Sungmin mumbled into the pillow. "I hate everyone."

"I'm pretty sure that's not true."

Sungmin became quiet after hearing Ryeowook speak. He was expecting some kind of outburst about his relationship with Heechul but it never came. Something was different with Ryeowook and Sungmin just couldn't be bothered to care at the moment.

"Everything that is good gets ruined. All the bad things happen to me and I hate him so much." Sungmin to his side, facing away from the other.

"I hate him. I really, really hate him."

Ryeowook felt bad that he couldn't help his best friend get out of feeling like complete .

"I can't believe I did stuff with him." Sungmin's tone was now angry.

"Like what?" Ryeowook became so instantly curious, he had to ask. "ual things?"

Sungmin sighed, hugging the pillow close to him. "Yes."

Ryeowook already knew that was true. He had explicitly heard them in a ual act, and with his knowledge  there was no way they were doing something else.

"I don't even properly remember the first time. I was drunk." Sungmin didn't seem to care that he was talking to Ryeowook about these personal things that would usually result in him getting yelled at.

"You didn't have did you?"

"No." Sungmin shook his head.

"Oh… that's good then."

Sungmin was sure that Ryeowook would still find anything he did with Heechul as bad. Never good.

"I got so drunk that night when I was drinking at the club that we went back to his place or whatever and then I did something I wish I didn't. Three times I did it. And for some reason I didn't regret it at first but now I do because he doesn't love me."

Ryeowook was mentally going through a list of all the ual things Sungmin could have done with Heechul three times in one night. It was definitely a long list, but he doubted that Sungmin would even know what half of them were. He turned his attention back to Sungmin as he continued to speak.

"And then there was after the party yesterday. I'm sorry I left early but I was scared about you finding out about my relationship." Sungmin rolled over to his other side so that he was facing Ryeowook. "Do you hate me now?"

Ryeowook took a moment to stare at Sungmin properly in hope of figuring out what he was really thinking. He couldn't work out whether it was the fact that Sungmin was so angry that he just had to confess or his anxieties were rapidly subsiding. Ryeowook was worried about him because he knew how vulnerable Sungmin could be to other people.

"No. I could never hate you." Ryeowook eventually answered. A reassuring smile on his face. Sungmin believed it. There was no other reason not to.

"I don't know if I like relationships."

"You've only had one." A sarcastic tone was evident in Ryeowook's voice, making Sungmin feel a bit upset.

"You don't have to point that out to me."

"But it's true." Ryeowook teased before standing up from the bed. "Well… you can't stay in here for the rest of the day or otherwise you will never want to leave."

Sungmin rolled his eyes. "I know. You say that every time."

"But that is also true."

Sungmin wiped the last tears off his face as he sat up. "Can't I just go to sleep now?"

"It's only midday."

Sungmin ignored Ryeowook, laying back down and pulling the blanket over his body.

"Sungmin."

"No. Because you don't even understand how I feel."

"Yes I do." Ryeowook contemplated sitting down again, giving Sungmin a caring hug.

"No you don't. You just go around sleeping with every guy who wants to even when you had a boyfriend who obviously loved you very, very much Getting with someone is easy for you. You don't care about doing dirty things. I'm not easy like you. So don't say that you understand."

Sungmin now looked away from Ryeowook, fresh tears now falling down his face. Ryeowook could only stand there, words failing him. For the first time in their friendship, he had actually felt insulted. He was offended. Sungmin had offended him; made him feel like some dirty who didn't care who he ed.

But if Sungmin wasn't going to try and stop being a , he wasn't either. He stared at Sungmin, anger building up inside him. "Fine. I don't understand. I'll just go out and find a guy who wants to have easy with me and him because that's all I understand when it comes to men." Ryeowook turned around, and left the room, slamming the door behind him.

 

 

 

 

So a lot happened in that chapter... oh the drama~