Awkward Love and Music

Awkward Love and Music

 

Sungmin nervously checked his phone every thirty seconds, carefully watching the time. It was now 7:28 which meant that Heechul would arrive in two minutes. It was an understatement to say that Sungmin was nervous. He was all fine until he got a text from Heechul saying he would pick him up in thirty minutes.

Sungmin was dressed in a pink dress shirt followed by a pair of white pants. He thought that it was a cute outfit and that it fitted him perfectly. Just as he checked the time again, a text came up.

 

I’m here…

 

Sungmin quickly shoved his phone in his pocket and literally ran out the door. He didn’t want to keep his date waiting, especially on the first date of his entire life.

Once he got in the car, Sungmin didn’t say a word as Heechul drove off. He couldn’t seem to take his eyes off Heechul as he was dressed in the same fashion his friend Ryeowook always wore. It was very different to the usual style he wore at university. Heechul was always dressed in nice simple clothes, but tonight it was just plain y except Sungmin didn’t see it that way at all.

 

“Is there a reason why you keep staring?” Heechul asked, sounding rather cocky. Sungmin quickly looked away. “No! I just… I didn’t mean to.” Sungmin was so embarrassed that he felt like crying.

“I don’t mind.”

Silence passed for a minute before Sungmin asked where they were going.

“I don’t want to be rude, but where are we going?”

“Some place I found once. You will like it.”

Sungmin wasn’t particularly fond of the vague answer to his question. But it wasn’t like he could do anything about it. Asking any more questions about it would put him into the middle of anxiety land.

Neither of them spoke for the rest of the fifteen minute drive. Sungmin was too scared to start conversation while Heechul was not the talkative type. They were surprisingly both happy being in silence.

 

Sungmin got worried when Heechul parked the car in a dark car park that was surrounded by trees. Heechul smiled at Sungmin before getting out of the car. Sungmin soon followed as he caught up to Heechul who was walking down a path which went through the trees.

Sungmin stopped when he saw the path finished at the top of a grassy hill that looked out onto a busy suburban area. Sungmin found the scene in front of him to be very pretty. They were up pretty high, so while the town below them looked to be busy, it wasn’t noisy.

 

Heechul was sitting on the grass looking up at the sky. “Are you going to sit down?”

Sungmin stops admiring the scenery and walks over to Heechul. He sits down, keeping some distance.

“So do you like it?” Heechul asked, now facing Sungmin.

“It’s beautiful.”

 

Heechul could feel the tension growing between them. This was his first date with a guy so even he was finding it awkward. Kibum had just been someone he met at a club a few months back. The only thing they ever did together was . No dates, just .

“I don’t usually do this.” Heechul looked away, the moonlight now shining bright on his face bringing out his features.

“Me either.” Sungmin thought Heechul would be the kind to attract any guy. Or maybe he did, but he didn’t return the favour. Sungmin knew there was something different about Heechul. He kind of had from the start.

His thoughts then shifted to what Ryeowook once said about Heechul.

“Arrogant people like him think they can whoever they please.”

Sungmin scolded himself for remembering a dirty word. But what if Ryeowook was right? Heechul’s choice of outfit was certainly not expressing something virtuous.

“So what made you audition for the university?”

Sungmin felt comfortable with the topic of conversation.

“I… umm kind of want to become a concert pianist.”

“With all your anxieties?”

“I don’t get nervous on stage.” Sungmin liked telling people that part about himself. It was something he was proud of considering nearly everything in life made him nervous to some extent.

“I didn’t expect that.”

Sungmin looked down, his fingers picking at the grass. He was smiling a bit too much and didn’t want Heechul to notice.

“And why did you audition?”

Heechul stretched out his legs in front of him as he reached into his pocket and pulled out a cigarette. “Do you mind?” Heechul asked holding up the cigarette. Sungmin was going to object, but shook his head. He didn’t want to make the situation more awkward by not letting Heechul smoke.

Heechul lit up his smoke and told Sungmin the reason why he had to audition.

Sungmin listened with great interest. It was quite compelling to hear someone with such a cold façade to tell some personal stories. Although Heechul didn’t really consider what he was saying to be personal. There were much more private things that he never dared to discuss.

“Do you think you will ever find out what you want to do?” Sungmin was losing his nervousness as he grew more enraptured by Heechul.

“One day… but I don’t care for it now.”

“That’s alright. I guess…”

Sungmin was beginning to feel the cold air around him. He crossed his arms over his chest hoping that it would make him warm, but he only began to shiver. Heechul sensed that Sungmin was uncomfortable with the cold. This was his chance.

He took off his jacket and draped t over Sungmin’s back. Sungmin jumped as he felt the weight of the expensive leather on his shoulders that he didn’t notice that Heechul was now seated very close to him. Heechul’s hands lingered on Sungmin’s shoulders as he leaned in closer inhaling the strawberry scent.

“You smell nice.”

Sungmin snapped around, his hands reaching out behind him to stop him from falling back onto the ground.

“W-what are you doing?” Sungmin rubbed his ear which was still sensitive from Heechul’s warm, smoke-filled breath.

“I’m sorry. I just love strawberries.” Heechul smiled hoping he could seduce the younger.

“Oh… okay.”

Sungmin sat back in his place, pulling the jacket over him. While he was startled at Heechul’s actions, he somehow didn’t mind him being close now.

Heechul put out his cigarette and stood up. “Why don’t we go back to the car? You look freezing.” He held out a hand to which Sungmin eagerly took in return.

They held hands as they walked back to the car. Heechul found it rather weird but if it meant getting closer to Sungmin then he would do it.

Instead of getting into the front of the car, Heechul walked Sungmin around to the back and opened the door for him.

Sungmin quickly got inside, shifting over to the other side. Heechul got in beside him and shut the door.

“Thought we might just sit here for a while.” Heechul said leaning over into the front of the car to stick the keys in the ignition and turn on the heater. Sungmin had stopped shivering and was finding Heechul to be very different, but in a good way. Heechul moved back onto the backseat and stared at Sungmin. Feeling the air grow hot around him, he wanted nothing more than to take Sungmin right then and there. He brought a hand to Sungmin’s face and brushed the fringe out of his eyes.

“You have beautiful eyes.”

Sungmin blushed at Heechul’s comment. The colour returning to his cheeks as the heat in the car was beginning to take effect.  “You don’t mean that…”

“No… I do.”

Heechul leaned forward, his right hand cupping Sungmin’s cheek. The younger didn’t move, unsure of what to do. This reminded him of his first kiss with Heechul.

“I really like you.” Heechul’s lips connected with Sungmin’s and fortunately for him, Sungmin didn’t seem to have anything against it.

Sungmin instantly thought back to his kiss with Ryeowook. He clearly remembered what to do. He parted his lips allowing Heechul’s tongue to explore his mouth. Sungmin wanted to pull back at the strange intrusion but he tried to stay relaxed to not ruin the moment.

Sungmin tensed as he felt Heechul’s hand move onto his waist caressing him through the fabric of his shirt. Heechul could feel the blood rush south making him uncomfortably hard in his tight pants. The fact that Sungmin was so innocent was such a turn on.

Heechul knew that Sungmin was a little uneasy so he drew back, leaving Sungmin to regain steady breathing.

“Are you okay?” Heechul asked seeing that Sungmin’s eyes were wide open and his chest rapidly rising and falling.

“I-I… oh my god!” Sungmin exclaimed as he saw that Heechul had a rather noticeable .

“What?” Heechul followed to where Sungmin’s eyes were staring. 

“You’ve got… you are…”

“Hard?” Heechul asked not really understanding why Sungmin was reacting as if he had never seen a man get hard in his life. Well he hadn’t really, except for himself.

Sungmin noticed that he was staring too much and covered his eyes with his hands. “This is totally wrong. I’m sorry for looking.”

Heechul took his hand off Sungmin’s waist unsure if he should continue.

“It’s alright. But I really don’t get why you’re reacting this way.”

“I’m so, so sorry. I don’t usually stare, but I felt weird and nice… I can’t believe I’m saying this.” Sungmin said, still covering his eyes.

“You’re a aren’t you?”

Sungmin was shocked by the question, but he slowly nodded.

“…” Heechul cursed, letting himself fall to the side so that he rested on the car seat. Sungmin peeked through his fingers to see if Heechul was mad at him, but it didn’t look so. He slowly moved his hands away from his face. Heechul ran a hand through his hair, his bangs falling back onto his face.

“Sorry… just assumed you weren’t that’s all.”

“Why would you assume that?”

Heechul wasn’t sure if he should answer the question truthfully but he couldn’t come up with a decent alternative. “Anyone with an like yours is sure to get all the attention.”

“What?!” Sungmin pushed himself back, trying to distance himself as much as he could from Heechul. “You sick ert! I thought you were nice.”

“Okay, okay. I didn’t mean that. Geez…”

Sungmin’s hand fumbled for the door handle as he thought of nothing better than to get away from Heechul.

“Don’t you come near me.” Sungmin yelled as he successfully opened the door. He got out as fast as he could and ran for a good two minutes until he was out on an empty street. He was out of breath as he managed to dial Ryeowook’s number. It rang a good seven times before Ryeowook answered.

“Hello there Minnie.” Ryeowook sounded rather cheerful.

“Ryeowook! Thank god you answered.” Sungmin stopped speaking to catch his breath. Ryeowook picked up the fear in Sungmin’s voice instantly and started laying on the usual questions.

“What’s wrong? Did something happen? What did he do?” Ryeowook sounded frantic but he didn’t care.

“Just please come pick me up. I’ll text you the address.”

Sungmin pulled the phone away from his ear and searched for where he was. Finding an approximately location, he informed Ryeowook before finding a nice place to sit between the bushes where Heechul wouldn’t find him.

What he thought was going to be a perfect night, turned into his worst. He hated the fact at how every guy he met was obsessed with . Why couldn’t anyone understand that he clearly wasn’t ready yet? Sungmin wanted nothing to do with it until he was ready and for some reason, the world was against him on that subject.

He waited for at least half an hour before Ryeowook came. He had never been more thankful for his best friend.

 

Meanwhile, ten cigarettes later, Heechul was still sitting in his car. He knew he shouldn’t have made that comment about his favourite Sungmin feature, but he thought it might change the younger’s mind. Obvious it didn’t and now he was left with an angry Sungmin and a weird week to look forward to. He just hoped that Sungmin didn’t tell everyone that he was gay. He couldn’t have all the people of the world know that just yet.

 

 

 

 

A/N: I know a lot of readers didn't want Heechul to hurt Sungmin, but I promise that he will make it up to him in weird and wonderful ways. I don't usually write chapters in a few hours, but inspiration was just hitting me.

And by the way... Kyuwook is coming up in the next chapter for those who have waited patiently for it.