Chapter 4

Awkward Love and Music

 

Since I had no idea where to take Ryeowook, I had ended up in a busy nightclub in the middle of Seoul. It was my fault anyway for letting Ryeowook choose. I should really be more persistent.

 

“I really can’t believe that Yesung was busy tonight. I was going to try something new with him.” Ryeowook said before ordering another drink. I smiled to myself as I knew the real reason why Yesung had not wanted to spend the evening with his boyfriend.

 

“You’ve been over at his place every night for the past two weeks. I’m sure one night won’t kill you.” Ryeowook pouted. His ual frustration was frustrating me.

 

“But we can have fun ourselves!” Ryeowook grabbed my hand and pulled me onto the dance floor. I stood there for a moment, too embarrassed to dance, but since Ryeowook was really getting into it, I had no choice to but to go along with it.

It was frustrating as always trying to keep away from the erts that just claimed they had to touch your ‘y’ body. Even though they were somewhat tipsy, I really couldn’t see why they would want to dance. I honestly looked ridiculous whenever I was shyly moving to the music.

 

After about half an hour, I was way too tired to keep on dancing. I pushed through the crowd of people, not caring that I was leaving Ryeowook. I would find him later. What I needed now was to sit down.  I walked to the area at the back of the club and sat down on one of the lounges, looking at my watch.

11:30! Thank goodness it’s the weekend tomorrow.

After ten minutes of just sitting here, I swear I was going to fall asleep. Why does Ryeowook have to be so friendly and dance with every single person? Then I heard a familiar voice not far from me. I looked over and saw Kyuhyun. To my surprise he was sitting with Heechul, who looked as if this was the last place he wanted to be. I couldn’t believe how much Kyuhyun was talking. It sounded as if he was trying to convince Heechul to join his band again.

 

I felt the urge to go over and talk with Heechul. I kind of wanted him to accept Kyuhyun’s offer I overheard the other day.  So since I was probably going to be waiting for another hour or so, I got up and made my way over to Heechul and Kyuhyun. I stood there in front of their table until Heechul looked up at me.

“Hi.” Everything suddenly felt too awkward. Kyuhyun finally noticed me.

“Hello!” Kyuhyun waved at me with a smile. He seemed nicer up close so I didn’t mind sitting next to him. Heechul was now looking away finishing his drink.

“So… I’ll take it you know Heechul?”

“Huh? How’d you know?” My eyes widened at the question. I was worried that he could read more of my mind.

“You just stared at him for a while like you knew him.” Kyuhyun said like it was obvious. “Either that or you find him really attractive.”

Kyuhyun’s statement just made the situation more awkward. Well for me anyway. Plus there was no way I found Heechul attractive so I don’t get why he had to say that. Kyuhyun seemed to be finding my reaction amusing as he chuckled at my stoic expression.

“We are just in the same theory class at university. That’s all.”

“I see. So Heechul, have you made up your mind yet?” Heechul just held out his hand to Kyuhyun. I was even more puzzled when Kyuhyun just gave Heechul some cash. Heechul got up with Kyuhyun’s money and walked off.

 

Kyuhyun sighed and had some more to drink.

“This guy is impossible.” I could tell what he was talking about but I questioned anyway.

“How?”

“He has an amazing voice, yet he won’t do anything with it.”

“He’s doing music at school though.”

“There are too many limits here for his potential. You know what I mean? That’s what I think about everyone else in the band so far.” I thought about what Kyuhyun said for a moment. I really liked the fact that he seemed quite passionate about his music, and then I questioned what it was that he actually did.

“So what do you do?”

“Oh me? Well I just write the lyrics for now. We still don’t have a vocalist. “I looked around to see if Heechul was coming before I spoke.

“I don’t see why Heechul just doesn’t say yes. From what I’ve heard, he is great. But he does seem like the unfriendly type.” Kyuhyun nodded in agreement.

“I understand. He does seem a bit stubborn. But that’s why I’m paying for his drinks tonight.”

We sat in silence for another minute until Heechul came back over. He looked annoyed so we didn’t say anything. That was when Ryeowook decided to come over. I could tell this was not going to turn out well.

“Ah Sungmin! So glad I found you. Why were you not dancing?”

“Uhh… I don’t know. Got tired I guess.”  I rubbed the back of neck nervously, just waiting for Ryeowook to notice Heechul and start giving one his lectures on how rudeness doesn’t belong in his world.

“Oh well. We’re going to go soon alright?” Ryeowook asked before looking over at Heechul. “And why is this badass here?” No one said anything as Heechul just pulled out his phone and started using it. He definitely had something for ignoring people.

“Is he always this rude?” Ryeowook asked Kyuhyun.

“I don’t kno-.”

“Oh my god, you’re Kyuhyun right? The guy looking for a vocalist for your band?” Kyuhyun seemed quite taken back by Ryeowook’s sudden enthusiasm.

“Umm… yeah.”

“Well, I would love to take the spot. Audition for it at least.” Before Kyuhyun could answer, Heechul finally spoke.

“I’ve already accepted the offer.” Heechul still didn’t look up from his phone.

“What?!” We all said in unison. Heechul turned off his phone and looked up at us.

“So when do you want me to start?” Kyuhyun went to answer but Ryeowook interrupted him again.

“Since when did he get the offer?” Ryeowook exclaimed, one hand on his hip and the other pointing in Heechul’s direction. It was always embarrassing to be around him when he put on this attitude.

“I asked him a week ago.”

“Ok, whatever. Just watch out for that little attitude of his. He likes to insult others.” Heechul scoffed as Ryeowook walked off. Both Kyuhyun and I just stared at Heechul waiting for him to say something but he never did. He just got up again without telling us where he was going.

“And now that I know that he accepted, I think I can finally get out of this place.” Kyuhyun got up and straightened his jacket. “Guess I will see you at university then.”  He picked up his stuff and made his way over to the back exit. I stared at him until he was out the door and then remembered Ryeowook. Since he would probably be having another drink after being somewhat humiliated in front of Heechul, I decided to quickly go to the bathroom.

 

As I washed my hands and looked up into the mirror, there was Heechul standing behind me. I quickly turned around, drying my hands on my shirt.

“Hi.” That was all I could manage to say since I found his stare quite intimidating. He then slowly stepped towards me until his face was just inches away from mine. I tried to step back but the counter behind me was in the way. And then without any warning he just leaned closer and kissed me. I didn’t know how to respond because this was my first kiss. I was absolutely clueless on what to do. I think he realised that as he started to take control. But when I felt his tongue slip into my mouth, I pushed him away.

I now looked to be a bit drunk which was probably why he just decided to come onto me. We stared at each other in silence until I said I had to go.

I didn’t look back at Heechul as I exited the bathroom. I was going to find Ryeowook, go home and do some study.

 

 

On the way home, Ryeowook wouldn’t stop complaining about how Heechul got the part instead of him along with his ual frustration of not sleeping with his boyfriend that evening.

“I really don’t understand why people have to be such jerks.” I just nodded to show that I was listening. It was best to just let him rant on. “And then he had to be all smart about it cause he thinks he is better. And then I can’t believe why Yesung would want to do other things instead of seeing me. I mean we’re in a hot relationship right now you know?”

“Mmhmm, I do.” I clearly didn’t because I had never been in a relationship.

“And then there were so many hot guys at the club that I couldn’t even dance with because there is no way I would cheat on my boyfriend. I love him too much.” I nodded again smiling at how Ryeowook said he loved Yesung. I was so jealous of them. I wish I could find someone but I’ve kind of accepted that I’m too weird for anyone to fall in love with. 

 

 

And that was another chapter :) Hopefully Sungmin finds that special someone soon... 

Thank you to new subscribers. I love you~