Chapter 15

Awkward Love and Music

 

Ryeowook couldn’t believe that he was actually going to a meeting for addicts. As far as he was concerned, he had no reason to be here, but if he wanted a good relationship with Yesung, it was just something he had to do. But to make the experience a little less shameful, Ryeowook brought Sungmin along. Sungmin didn’t exactly want to come, but since Ryeowook had been there for him since forever he was easily convinced.

Ryeowook entered the room dressed in his tight jeans and leather jacket with his hair all smooth and pushed back. His appearance made everyone in the room want to get in his pants. However, there was one person who certainly had no interest.

Unlike Ryeowook, Heechul was here on his own terms. He had a few problems of his own that he wanted to sort out.

Ryeowook sat down in one of the chairs and slowly took off his sunglasses. Sungmin nervously sat next to him as he noticed Heechul sitting across from them. Their eyes both met for a second, both of them staring in surprise.

Sungmin panicked as he tapped his shaken hand against Ryeowook, still unable to take his eyes off the familiar person across from him. Ryeowook however, was too preoccupied with checking out a handsome man who just walked into the room. Ryeowook gave the guy a wink before turning his attention to Sungmin.

"What is it?" Ryeowook asked, but then he saw where Sungmin was staring. "What are you doing here?" Ryeowook exclaimed, making Heechul look at him.

"Same reason as you." He replied sounding rather casual.

"You better watch it Heechul. You don't just take advantage of my best friend and then get away with it."

"You sure love accusing people."

Ryeowook gasped taken aback by Heechul's own accusation. "I am telling the truth."

"Whatever." Heechul rolled his eyes.

"Don't you roll your eyes at me you crazed bastard!" Ryeowook practically shouted although most people in the room didn't seem to care.

"I think you two are both crazy about ." Ryeowook turned to look at the man who had just entered the room holding a clipboard and a large cup of coffee. "But take your arguments outside. That is not what we are here to do." The man sat down in one of the chairs while flicking through the pages on his board. He looked around at everyone before his eyes settled on Ryeowook and Sungmin.

"I see this is your first time here?" Ryeowook and Sungmin nodded. "My name is Choi Siwon. It's good to have you here. So would you two mind introducing yourselves."

Ryeowook and Sungmin looked at each other, not wanting to have to speak first.

"How about you." Siwon pointed his pen at Ryeowook.

"Well… my name is Ryeowook and my boyfriend sent me here because he thinks I'm a addict."

"I see… but do you admit that you have a problem?"

"My only problem is that my boyfriend doesn't want to anymore." Ryeowook said trying to put the blame on Yesung and not himself. "He should really go to a 'how to have more ' meeting.

Sungmin buried his face into his hands in embarrassment. This really wasn't what he expected when he agreed to come here.

"Is this your boyfriend?" Siwon asked referring to Sungmin.

Sungmin looked up with a frightened expression.

"Oh no no no." Ryeowook rested his hand on Sungmin's thigh as he spoke for him. " This is just my best friend, Sungmin. He's never had before. I just made him come along with me."

"Well that's nice of him." Siwon smiled at Sungmin before taking a sip of coffee. "So why don’t we pick up where we left off." Siwon started talking to some guy about his problems while Ryeowook sat there bored. However, after listening to a few people's stories, Ryeowook began to find that he could relate to some of them. But once Siwon got to Heechul, Ryeowook couldn't wait to here what was about to be said.

"Heechul, the last time I spoke to you, you were going to try and stop calling your friend for phone . How is that go-" Siwon was interrupted by the high-pitched laugh that was Ryeowook's.

"Phone ? Are you ing kidding me? You mean you are here because you can't stop calling your friend for a good time? Now that's a stupid problem."

Heechul just stared back at Ryeowook with a blank expression. The other was really wasting his time.

"Try not to speak unless you have helpful advice."

Ryeowook ignored Siwon's request. "Is that cause you actually can't get laid?"

"Okay Ryeowook, that is enough for now. Go on Heechul. How has it been since?"

"I don't call him as much, but he still comes over every few days."

"That's definitely an improvement. How is that working out for you?"

Heechul tried to ignore Ryeowook's condescending stare and just focus on Siwon. He was after all, here for his own benefit.

"Well it is certainly more stressful not having every day."

"I understand. It's not going to be easy but you're doing a good job. Thanks for that."

While Ryeowook was too caught up in finding Heechul's ual problems amusing, Sungmin couldn't understand how Heechul would go on a date with him while he was sleeping with his friend. He suddenly felt like such an idiot.

 

The rest of the meeting wasn't much of an improvement for Ryeowook. He still refused to admit that he had a problem so his relationship with Yesung was probably not going to be fixed anytime soon. Siwon even talked to Sungmin after, asking him if he would talk to Ryeowook about being more reasonable the next time. But Sungmin didn't care about his friend's addictions at the moment. He was too angry with Heechul to be concerned with anything else. He wanted to go right up to Heechul and express his frustrations and much to his amazement that was exactly what he did.

 

While Ryeowook was on the phone to someone, Sungmin took the time to approach Heechul before he got into his car. He walked up behind Heechul and tapped him on the shoulder. Heechul turned around expecting to see Ryeowook but was surprised to find Sungmin.

"Sungmin? What are you doing here?"

"How could you do that?"

"Do what?" Heechul replied defensively.

"Go out with me when you're already seeing someone else. Why do that?" Sungmin tried his best to stop his voice from wavering as he was on the verge of tears.

"It was a casual date. It's not like something serious."

Sungmin felt something inside him break. It was an unfamiliar feeling that he couldn't describe, but whatever it was, it hurt. He couldn't hold back the tears any longer.

"It was serious to me."

"All I wanted was just a one night thing okay? Go find someone else if you want a relationship." Heechul said as he opened the car door and got inside.

"You can't do that." Sungmin sounded desperate and it was making Heechul cringe.

"Sorry, but I'm not interested." Sungmin was suddenly panicking. He wanted to say something to make Heechul stay a bit longer and think about what he did. He couldn't just let Heechul reject him like that. Sungmin was tired of his anxieties and he was sick of being weak. But with impulsive confidence came  no straight sense of mind. The next words he uttered took both Heechul and himself by complete surprise.

"What if we do it?"

Sungmin wasn't quite sure why he was this willing to get Heechul. In fact Heechul didn't seemed convinced that Sungmin actually understood what he said. If by 'do it' he meant 'have '.

 

"Let's go Sungmin." Ryeowook yelled out from his car. "I have to start work in fifteen minutes."

He was about to get in the car when he saw that the person Sungmin was talking to was none other then Heechul. He walked straight over towards them with a mind full of insulting things to say. He could truly say that he had a passionately strong dislike for him. Not hate. It hadn't gotten that far yet.

"I won't tell you again Heechul. Stay the away from Sungmin."

"He spoke to me first."

"Whatever. I don't want to hear your excuses." Ryeowook kept things short as he grabbed Sungmin by the arm and dragged him over to the car.

 


 

 

"You don't have to be so mean to him." Sungmin suggested once they were in the car.

"Since when are you defending that idiot?" Ryeowook was trying hard not to go over the speed limit but gave up and decided on 20km over. "After what he did to you he deserves every bad thing that happens to him."

"You don't have to defend me anymore. I can take care of myself."

"Where is this attitude coming from?" Ryeowook asked, amused.

"I'm twenty-one ."

"And you will be twenty-two next year." He chuckled

"I'm serious Ryeowook. I'm old enough to not need you standing up for me."

Ryeowook sighed. This was definitely one of the perils of Sungmin growing more confident in himself.

"I'm really just trying to help you. I hate to say this Sungmin, but you've never exactly stood up for yourself until recently."

Sungmin turned to look out the window. He knew the way he was acting was completely out of character and that it was probably worrying Ryeowook, but he had never felt so let down in his relationship life. For once in his life he put his emotions out for everybody to see. For once he actually had feelings for another like a normal person. For once in his life, Sungmin was fitting in, but now he just felt like a useless individual in a complicated world.

 

"Could you please stop the car." It was more of a statement than a request.

Ryeowook glanced over at Sungmin who had one hand clutching at his stomach and the other covering his mouth . "Why? Are you alright?" He could see that Sungmin obviously wasn't but asked anyway. Sungmin lurched forward as if he was about to be sick, both hands now covering his mouth.

"Oh my god Sungmin. Are you going to be sick?" Ryeowook quickly pulled over. He was totally not going to have someone vomit in his car again. Especially since the last experience cost him $10,000 for a new car because it was that bad. He never, ever got Yesung drunk and out of it again.

As soon as the car stopped, Sungmin opened the door and threw up onto the ground. Ryeowook sat there listening to the wonderful retching sounds, not even slightly phased by it. It reminded him of how he used to end up at the end of every Friday night. He smiled to himself. They were good memories.

Sungmin slowly sat back in his seat and wiped his mouth on the back of his sleeve.

"Better?"

Sungmin nodded. "I think I will just go now." He grabbed his phone and jacket and stepped out of the car making sure to avoid the mess he made not just thirty seconds ago.

"Where are you going?" Ryeowook sounded concerned.

"You are going to be late for work. Plus I want to go for a walk." Sungmin closed the door and started to walk off. He knew where he was so it was alright. Ryeowook called out for him even though he couldn't here. He cursed looking at the time seeing that he would be a few minutes late. He watched Sungmin as he walked down the street before driving off. He would call him in an hour just to make sure he was okay. Maybe it was time that he stopped being so protective of his best friend.

 


 

After walking through the city for an hour, Sungmin was feeling even more audacious. He sat down in a small café, ordered only a simple coffee and debated on whether or not he should text Heechul. He stared at the blank screen with his fingers hovering over the keypad. He wasn’t sure what to even write, but he knew he had to say something. He wasn’t done with him yet.

Still not gathering any sense, Sungmin typed anxiously until he had decent message.

 

I never got an answer.

 

That was all he had to say really. Heechul would get the idea. Sungmin hit send and placed the phone down onto the table, nervously awaiting a response.

Within two minutes, Heechul replied. Sungmin grabbed the phone and held it in his lap so no one could read. He hated people reading his messages anyway.

 

Have a relationship or ?

 

Sungmin didn’t like that reply. He was hoping for answer, not a question. So he typed something in that would probably elicit the response he was looking for.

 

The second one.

 

He couldn’t even type . How was Heechul supposed to take him seriously.

 

Use the word if you’re asking for it.

 

Sungmin could hear what Heechul’s tone would be like. It was bold and straight forward. Nothing funny. Sungmin closed his eyes as he typed in the next sentence. He sent his reply as quick as possible. He didn’t want to see what he had said.

 

.

 

It was short, but it sure did the trick to move things along.

 

You freaked out last time I had intentions of doing it.

 

Sungmin really didn’t want that subject to be brought up. It was too embarrassing for him to think about.

 

It is different now.

 

It wasn’t really. Sungmin just had more motivation to be with Heechul and this was the only way to go about it.

 

Oh really? How so?

 

The conversation was now starting to make Sungmin uncomfortable.

 

Can I see you tonight?

 

That was it. He said it.

 

8:30. Studio 5.

 

Of course Sungmin knew that nightclub. That was where he experience his horrible first kiss. It didn’t matter now anyway. He was getting what he wanted even though he was practically frightened at the thought that he could possibly be having tonight. There was no way he could tell Ryeowook about this. He would probably kill him. Actually no. Sungmin was sure he would kill him, and Heechul too. He tried not to put too much thought into it. He had three hours to go. Three hours that would feel longer than an entire week. 

 

 

 

 

 

So... will Sungmin actually go through with it? 

Forgive any mistakes. It's late and my eyes are having trouble comprehending what is on the screen. I have written most of the next chapter, so it shouldn't be long before I update again. This story is just getting more fun to write. Okay, I'm off to go sleep now. (-_-)