Chapter 17

Awkward Love and Music

 

It was late morning when Sungmin woke up, not opening his eyes just yet since the dull brightness of the room seemed like too much. He rolled over and snuggled into the pillow like he did every morning, however he quickly recognised that it was not his own. His eyes shot right open, taking in the room he had been sleeping in. That was when it occurred to him that he was still in Heechul's apartment. He sat up, pulling the covers over him as it was cold and he was still only dressed in his underwear. He looked over at the floor and saw his phone. Quickly picking it up and turning it on, Sungmin remembered that Ryeowook was probably still trying to call him. The phone began to ring not one minute after he turned it on. He was reluctant to answer, but at least he could make up an excuse to keep Ryeowook happy.

"Hello?" Sungmin said nervously, waiting for Ryeowook to go on one of his overprotective rants.

"Where are you?" Ryeowook sounded angry.

"Somewhere. You don't need to worry."

"Don’t need to worry? Sungmin, you have been gone all night and didn't even come home. I was and still am worried sick about you. I couldn't sleep all night and why would you turn your phone off? Why? That's just stupid."

"I know, I just couldn't talk last night."

"And what were you doing that couldn't allow you to talk?"

"Just… something." Sungmin looked around the room after hearing a noise.

"What were you doing, Sungmin?" Sungmin ignored the question, looking over the end of the bed to find Heechul on the floor.

"Tell me now, or I swear I will-"

"Could you shut the up?" Heechul yelled from the floor, obviously with some sort of hangover.

"Who was that?" Ryeowook asked.

"Uhh… no one." Sungmin started to become more nervous at his friend's questions.

"You want me to believe that was no one?"

"I have to go."

"Don't you hang up on me." Ryeowook demanded, his voice getting louder with each word.

"Sorry, bye." Sungmin hung up, relieved that he didn't have to deal with his crazy friend. However, Ryeowook still continued to call a few more times but eventually gave up.

"What happened to you?" Sungmin looked at Heechul, noticing the large bruise on the side of his forehead. Heechul just turned his head away from Sungmin, trying to get some sleep.

"Can't you shut up?"

Sungmin sighed.

Is there anyone who would like to be nice this morning?

He quickly found his clothes and got dressed after remembering that he had two afternoon classes today. He hated wearing the same clothes he wore yesterday. He was in desperate need of a shower and he had to be at the university in  an hour. Without thinking, he shook Heechul awake. "You have class in an hour."

Heechul looked up at Sungmin as if he was about to kill him. "Have you ever had a hangover?" Sungmin shook his head. "Well when you do, you will understand why I want you to leave me alone right now."

"But how will I get to my classes?"

"Oh I don't know. Go call your head friend."

"Okay, I'm sorry." Sungmin took a step back. "But you can't just skip a class."

"First you tell me that you want , but then decide to cry and fall asleep in my bed, and now you want me to drive you to your classes after being woken up by your loud voice? And then you tell me not to skip class?" Heechul chuckled. " off."

Sungmin had no reply. He was now thinking about the events of last night, rather than how annoyed he made Heechul. He was kind of used to seeing him in a cranky mood. But Sungmin felt like it was his fault afterall. He said he would go through with it and sleep with Heechul, hoping to get to something further with the other. Like a relationship. But he was still afraid for some reason, a lot of reasons to be exact, and had stuffed up the chance of getting closer with Heechul. Part of him felt bad for not letting Heechul have with him, but was glad he didn't do it because who knows what complications it would have left him with.

Sungmin sighed, picking his phone up from the bed. He left the room before calling the one person he didn't particularly want to speak to at this very moment.

"How dare you hang up on me Lee Sungmin! No one hangs up on Ryeowook. No one!" Sungmin cringed. Ryeowook was just a bit too loud.

"I know. I'll make it up to later."

"You better."

"I know this is not the right time but could you do me a favour?"

"Are you serious?" Sungmin could picture Ryeowook's insensitive expression.

"I need you to pick me up." He exclaimed before Ryeowook could rant anymore. "Please."

Sungmin could hear Ryeowook sigh. Sungmin knew that no matter how mad he made Ryeowook, his best friend would never hold that emotion with him for long.

"You are my weakness, Sungmin. You know that?"

"Thank you so much!"

"Okay, don't get too excited. I'm still going to have a good talking to you. So where are you?"

Sungmin looked around the room, trying to think of what to say. If he said he was at Heechul's house, Ryeowook would probably go insane. So he just told him the address, deciding to wait outside. Surprisingly, Ryeowook didn't ask questions and just said he would be there in twenty minutes.

Their drive home was pleasant. Ryeowook hid his questions about Sungmin's whereabouts, even though the curiosity was eating at his frustrated mind. He knew that Sungmin would eventually tell him once the anxieties disappeared. Patience was the one virtue you had to have if you were friends with Sungmin.

 

***

 

The next day was a Thursday, and that meant busy timetables for both Sungmin and Ryeowook. And not just class wise. Both had certain people to deal with. While Sungmin had Heechul to worry about, Ryeowook had Kyuhyun and Yesung. Kyuhyun had been calling him since their racy encounter as he was still under the impression that Ryeowook liked him. Unfortunately that was not the case and now Ryeowook had to find a way to tell Kyuhyun even after he promised Ryeowook that he could be in his band. He didn't mention taking Heechul's part though. But as weird as it was with Kyuhyun, there was still Yesung, who Ryeowook was still not on good terms with. Since they were still practically living together, Ryeowook still slept on the couch, five times a night because he constantly need release. It was a puzzling relationship they had, but breaking up just seemed like the wrong idea.

So yes. Ryeowook had problems, but at least he could deal with them. Sungmin on the other hand was just a big ball of anxieties. Partly because he forbid himself of telling Ryeowook that he stayed the night at Heechul's apartment with the intention of having and because he kept screwing things up.

 

His day was going well. In fact, a little too well. So as he was heading to his last class for the day, Sungmin was confident that he would not be running into anyone who would make him think of the weeks ridiculous experiences. He had successfully got Heechul out of his mind for a moment, focusing on the things he should be thinking about. It was wonderful. But luck always turned for Sungmin at least once during the day, and that was when he saw Kyuhyun walking towards him.

"So how did it go?" Kyuhyun asked as he approached Sungmin.

"What do you mean?" Sungmin held his books closed to his chest, not having a clue at what Kyuhyun was referring to.

"You stayed the night at Heechul's place."

Sungmin turned fearful. How could someone know about where he was the other night?

"How do you know that?"

"Heechul told me." Kyuhyun smiled. "So that means that he took my advice and asked you out."

"He told you?"

"He tells me a lot of things you know."

Sungmin had a lot of questions going through his mind. He was afraid at what Heechul might have said. They were probably bad things pertaining to his fanatical abstinence. The usual.

"What did he say exactly?"

"Oh nothing really. Just that you stayed over and did his head in during the morning. I'm guessing that was why he did not show up yesterday?"

Sungmin nodded in deep thought. He was damn thankful Heechul had not included details. That would sure kill any self-confidence he had left. And to have Kyuhyun think he was weird was something he deemed unnecessary.

"So are you two together now?" Kyuhyun inquired. He was not usually the curious type, but felt that knowing the simple facts would give him enough knowledge to give advice if needed.

"He doesn't like me." Sungmin mumbled.

"What are you talking about? Of course he likes you."

"He said he didn't want a relationship."

"That's not what he told me." Kyuhyun knew why Heechul might be telling Sungmin different things. Over the last week, Kyuhyun had managed to get Heechul to be more comfortable around him which meant that some personal stories and thoughts were exchanged.

"Just be patient." Sungmin looked doubtful. "Anyway, could tell Ryeowook to answer his phone. I have to talk to him. Thank you" Kyuhyun said before heading off in the direction of the library to continue with much needed study.

Sungmin was left in the middle of the hallway, puzzled as to why Kyuhyun was being told the opposite of what he heard. Was it true? Did Heechul really like him, but just could not admit it directly? Sungmin shook his head, trying to shake off the thoughts. He was just going to get this day over with and then worry about Heechul.

 

***

 

That night, Sungmin lay in his bed staring up at the ceiling. His phone beside him read a message that he had written with the intention of sending to Heechul. However, he could not decide whether to send it or not. He picked up the phone and read through his words for the hundredth time.

 

'I really like you.'

 

It was not much, but it was the truth. Something that Heechul had trouble saying. His finger hovered over the send button until he eventually pressed it. He shoved the phone under his pillow and went back to staring into nothing. Regret was becoming apparent although there was nothing that he could do. The text was sent and that was that.

The message tone was unusually loud, which was always the case when you were not looking forward to a reply. Even under his pillow, the tone managed to stay ringing in his ears for a few seconds more than necessary.

He rolled over onto his stomach and pulled his phone out from under the pillow. He closed his eyes, opened the messaged and prayed it was not something bad. Why did text messages have to be so scary?

Sungmin slowly opened his eyes, the text on the screen becoming clear.

 

'Why?'

 

Sungmin did not like that reply, and he certainly did not expect it. He much would have preferred something along the lines of "Piss off" "Why won't you have with me?" and so forth…

This was a tricky question to answer because he was not even sure of it himself. Of course he thought Heechul was handsome even though he had taken a while to admit to himself, and that he had this kind of loneliness about him which Sungmin was attracted to. But in the end, Sungmin still had not worked out a reason that would answer 'why?' in a short, simple sentence.

 

'Too many reasons.'

 

Sungmin was happy with his answer. It covered everything and it meant he did not have to explain. Although, thirty seconds later, Heechul was calling him. He answered it, simply because he loved hearing Heechul's voice. Which was another thing to add to list of reasons for liking Heechul.

 

"Hello?"

"Why don't you tell me all the reasons for liking me, since there are so many for putting into one text." Heechul put forward, making Sungmin wish he hadn't answered the call.

"Umm… do I have to?"

"I don't think you have a choice."

"But it is embarrassing." His hands immediately covering his face.

"If you don't tell me, I'm hanging up." Heechul teased.

"Okay, okay! I will tell you." Sungmin quickly thought up of a few reasons. Which were true, obviously.

"I like you because… you look nice." Sungmin blushed at his own words.

"Okay, so you think I'm attractive. What else?"

"You… smell good."

"I don't spend $200 a month of cologne for nothing."

"Really?" Sungmin's eyes shot open in uncertainty.

"No, I'm kidding. Go on…"

"Well… I like it when you kiss me." Sungmin let his head fall into the pillow. He could not believe he just said that.

"That is obvious."

"How?" Sungmin looked back up, curious.

"It seems like all you want to do is kiss me."

Sungmin stayed silent. Heechul definitely knew the truth about that.

"So what are you doing right now?" Heechul asked.

Sungmin mentally sighed in relief at the change of topic. "I'm just laying in bed."

Oh how Sungmin did not know how much his innocent and truthful answer had given Heechul ideas.

"Sounds exciting."

"Not really." Sungmin didn't pick up on the sarcasm.

"I know. So why don't we make it more exciting?"

"How? Sungmin rolled over again, staring back towards the ceiling.

"Oh I can think of a few things."

"Like what?"

"Since we didn't get to go very far the other night, why don't we pick up where we left off?"

"You mean when I was at your place?"

"Exactly."

"But I'm not there and it's too late for me to go over. Plus I don't think it would be a good idea."

"Where you are is fine."

"I'm so confused."

"It will all make sense. So Sungmin, tell me why someone as y as you has never gotten laid?"

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me. Why have you never had ?"

"Umm… because I'm too scared."

"That's too bad. You would really be great in bed."

"I would be terrible. I have never done anything before."

"Don't worry. Just by seeing and touching you the other night, I can tell you would be amazing."

Sungmin lied there, his eyes wide with disbelief, Heechul's compliment making him feel weird.

"Just let me make you feel good."

"Umm… I don't know what to say to that."

"Nothing."

Sungmin did as Heechul said and stayed quiet. He kept thinking about when Heechul ran his hands over his body and how strange and delightful it felt. After Heechul didn't speak for a minute, Sungmin asked if he was okay.

Heechul let out a soft moan before assuring that he was more than alright. However, Sungmin was not convinced.

"Are you sure? You sound a bit funny."

"I'm just thinking about you." Heechul moaned louder, his breathing getting heavier. "Aren't you thinking about me?"

Sungmin swallowed hard, realising what Heechul was up to. His first reaction would be to hang up, but this was all too intriguing. The current situation was making him nervous and hot. The good kind though.

"Of course I am." He tried to speak with confidence but his growing hardness was certainly not helping. Sungmin wasn't sure what to do in this sort of situation so he let the awkward questions roll out. They were his specialty.

"I don't want to sound weird, but what do I do exactly?" Of course he knew how to get himself off, but since he had not done it before, it was going to be weird. Especially if your first time is when you are on the phone to your hopeful boyfriend. "Like what are you doing?"

"Don't play naïve with me. You know it only makes me harder for you."

"What?!"

"Are you hard for me?"

"Well yes, but-"

"Then I can only imagine what you must be doing." Heechul sounded seductive and it was turning Sungmin on whether he liked it or not.

Sungmin sat up against the pillow, staring down at his crotch. His hand rested on the waistband of his pants, still stuck on the decision of whether or not he should do it.

"I have never done this." Sungmin warned Heechul, hoping the other wouldn't go too far too quickly. "So just give me a second." Sungmin shifted on the bed as he pulled down his pajama pants, hesitantly taking them off all the way. He wasn't even paying attention to Heechul's which was never ending.

Sungmin bit his lip as he slowly dipped his hand inside his boxers, gasping as his fingers brushed over the tip of his . He held the phone close to his ear when he remembered that Heechul was on the other side. He wanted to say something but kept silent as Heechul kept using a variety of profanities to express his satisfaction.

"So tell me what you are doing now?" Heechul managed to say in between curses and moans. Sungmin pulled his hand out to push down his boxers, now needing relief.

"I… just took off my pants and stuff."

"Just now? You better get ing yourself."

Sungmin looked up at the ceiling as he started to his . He found it too strange to watch what he was doing.

"It feels nice."

"Of course it does."

As the embarrassment faded and pleasure increased, Sungmin unconsciously moved his hand faster. He found himself breathing just as hard as Heechul, however he was much more quiet. Sungmin never understood why people had to be so loud during their ual acts. It's not like touching yourself could be that great. But as he brought himself more pleasure while pumping his harder and faster to reach his , Sungmin was quite literally a mess.

"I think I'm going to…" Sungmin was fascinated in his pleasure state by his self-satisfaction. He had never experience such a feeling in his entire life. He was about reach his release when he heard someone calling his name. Opening his eyes, he saw Henry standing next to the bed. He was not on the phone to Heechul, his clothes were on and he was most certainly not ing.

"Are you alright?" Henry asked. "You were just kept so I thought I would check on you."

Sungmin slowly sat up, running a hand through his ruffled hair. He tried to make sense of the situation, realising that he was dreaming and now he was awake in reality.

"I'm fine. Just a bad dream."

"Okay then." Henry nodded before leaving the room.

Sungmin was still baffled, ffinding it hard to believe that he had just had his first ual dream. He let himself fall back onto the mattress, not sure if he was sleepy anymore. He reached over to the bedside table and grabbed his phone. He quickly typed up a message, sending it without hesitation to Heechul.

'I know that you like me. Kyuhyun told me. I really like you too.'

Sungmin had a feeling that his message would get him closer to finding out the truth. Heechul replied ten minutes later which was longer than he anticipated.

'See you tomorrow, Sungmin. Go to sleep.'

Sungmin wasn't sure what that meant, but assumed that Heechul would probably want to meet with him. Casually of course. He sent a quick reply before shoving the phone under his pillow and falling into a dreamless sleep.

 

'Goodnight x'

 

 

 

 

What was I thinking with this chapter? Anyway... so Heechul has been telling people different things. Do you think he really likes Sungmin but won't admit it to him? Who knows. Heechul is one weird character. Okay, I'm talking to much now. Hope you enjoyed this chapter :)