Chapter 19

Awkward Love and Music

 

Sungmin was finally awake. He slowly opened his eyes, the brightness all too painful in his hangover state. But that didn’t stop him from opening them enough to see where he was. Unfortunately, he couldn’t really tell where he was.

Sungmin pushed the hair off his forehead and pushed himself up into a sitting position. He groaned as he massaged his lower back not quite understanding why it was painful.

Once he was fully sitting up, Sungmin realised that he wasn’t wearing any clothes. He looked around the room with wide eyes trying to see if he could find the blanket that should have been on the bed.

Not being able to find anything, even his clothes, Sungmin sat in the middle of the bed with his knees brought up to his chest in an attempt to hide his ness from the world.

 

With his head being all fuzzy, it took a few minutes for Sungmin to finally realise where he was. And that place was Heechul’s apartment. He suddenly wondered why he was alone and where Heechul could be. Usually Sungmin would get up and find out but this time he was without clothes so he wasn’t really going anywhere. So basically, Sungmin was out of options.

But that was until he saw his phone which was on the other side of the room.

 

Why is this happening to me?  Sungmin thought to himself as he began to think about actually getting up to get his phone. He looked around to make sure no one was around before deciding to slowly get up off the bed. Keeping an eye on the doorway, Sungmin hesitantly took a few steps towards his precious phone. As he stretched his arm out to grab it, the bathroom door in front of him opened and there stood Heechul in nothing but a towel.

Out of shock, Sungmin took a few clumsy steps backwards, tripping over his own feet and falling down on the floor without much of his dignity left.

“What are you doing? Don’t look at me!” Sungmin practically shouted hoping he could just disappear.

“You’re awake…” Heechul said as he just stared at the other with an odd expression.

“Ya! Why are you staring?”

“Okay okay I’ll go.” Heechul knew it was best to not say anything about the previous night since he could tell Sungmin couldn’t remember much about it.

“Could you give me my phone before you go?”

Heechul saw where Sungmin was pointing and picked the phone up, tossing it over to Sungmin.

“And you can wear my clothes if you want. There is some in the draw so just choose whatever.” Heechul said before walking past Sungmin and leaving the room, closing the door behind him.

 

Sungmin sighed, glad that he had clothes to wear and his phone. He pushed the main button and unlocked it so he could call Ryeowook since that was all he ever did to escape bad situations.

“Who the hell is that?” Sungmin shouted again as he saw the background picture on his phone. He looked closely and saw that it was him and Heechul sharing a passionate kiss. Having no idea when, where or why that picture was taken, Sungmin checked the photo gallery to see if there was more pictures. And to his surprise, there was more and it was obvious that kissing wasn’t the only thing he got up to. There were many pictures of himself and Heechul. Far too many for Sungmin to even deny they existed. What was even more surprising was the fact that he got so drunk that he couldn’t remember a thing. Totally something he would never do.

In his search through his photos and more disgusted expressions, he came across a video which he was reluctant to play. But Sungmin was not in his usual frame of mind and curiosity took over.

Sungmin watched in shock as the video showed his drunk self stripping in the hallway outside Heechul’s apartment. As each piece of clothing came off, Sungmin cringed even more. This was now the most embarrassing moment of his life and he wasn’t sure if not having any memory of doing such racy acts was a good or bad thing.

Having seen enough, Sungmin stopped the video and stood up to find some clothes. Using his phone to call Ryeowook was suddenly not a good idea anymore. He was now going to talk to Heechul to find out what exactly happened last night. But that took a little longer than anticipated since Sungmin had to try on several different outfits before he found one that was somewhat appropriate for his style.

 

Anxious to approach Heechul, Sungmin slowly opened the bedroom door and peeked outside. Heechul was sitting on the couch with a bowl of cereal, watching something on his laptop. Sungmin continued to open the door all the way, walking out in front of Heechul in his nervous fashion. Heechul looked up, setting his bowl down on the table hoping that Sungmin wouldn’t ask anything about the previous night. Since he didn’t drink at all, Heechul remembered everything, and personally he did not want Sungmin to know what they got up to since he would most likely hide from the world in shamefulness for a few months. But luck was not on his side this morning.

 

“So… what happened last night?” Sungmin’s voice was a mixture of anxiety and confidence.

Heechul was now the one who wanted to disappear right then and there. How exactly was he going to explain everything?

“Do you not remember either?” Sungmin continued seeing that Heechul hesitated. Heechul shook his head and sighed.

“You were the only one who was drunk.”

“Oh... so you know what happened right?”

“Yes… but don’t worry, you weren’t that bad.” Heechul lied, images of last night coming into his mind.

“Not bad? But then what are these?” Sungmin gave Heechul his phone so he could look through the pictures. Heechul tried to keep a straight face as he scanned through them. Some were good, some were bad, some were mostly shameful while some were turning him on.

“We just got , that’s all that happened.”

“That is bad!”

“Come on Sungmin… it’s not like anybody saw you.” Heechul desperately wanted this conversation to be over. “Why don’t I take you home?”

Sungmin mumbled something as he sat down on the ground looking sad. “I just want to sleep.”

“Well you can sleep when I take you home okay?”

“No…”

“Why not?”

Sungmin kept his head down as he continued to speak at a low volume. “I want to stay here.”

Heechul wasn’t going to protest to his boyfriend’s wants. “Okay, but I’m going out in an hour so you’ll be alone.”

“Can’t you stay with me?” Sungmin looked up, his eyes all watery.

“No, I’ve got another ing rehearsal with Kyuhyun.”

Sungmin started to cry since Heechul didn’t want to stay with him. It was almost as if he was over exaggerating but he was in fact just tired.

“Sungmin please don’t be like this.”

“Why won’t you stay with me? You’re my boyfriend and we’re supposed to hug and share sweet kisses and make cakes together.” Sungmin’s choked on his sobs as he tried to calm down but more tears just kept on falling. “I just want to make cake…”

“You can make cake later, let’s just get to you to bed.”

“I’m so tired.” Sungmin had gained control of his crying and seemed to be rather exhausted. “I want to sleep.”

Heechul stood up and waited for Sungmin to follow, but the latter was showing no signs of moving. And within a minute, Sungmin was asleep.

Heechul was thankful that Sungmin wasn’t awake to ask more questions.  He would deal with that all later or maybe never at all.

All he had to worry about now was seeing Kyuhyun and singing stupid sings he didn’t want to even think about.

 

**

 

Heechul knocked on the door as he waited outside Kyuhyun’s house. The band was now practicing there as Kyuhyun had set up his basement to what he described as ‘The rockin’ out room.’

Kyuhyun finally opened the door and let Heechul inside without saying a word. He knew that Heechul wasn’t too fond of coming here especially now that Ryeowook was to be part of the band.

The short walk to the basement was awkward but things got even worse when Heechul entered the room and found Ryeowook dancing in the middle of the room wearing his sassy green underwear. Heechul was close to walking out when Kyuhyun offered him a favoured alcoholic drink, only to make him stay.

 

“What’s up with him?” Heechul pointed to Ryeowook who looked very out of it.

“Had some weird .” Kyuhyun shrugged.

“You mean he took some drugs?”

“Well I guess so.”

Heechul decided not to care and walked past the dancing Ryeowook and took a seat on the uncomfortably fluffy couch.

“Where is everyone else?” Heechul asked.

“They’ll be here in half an hour. I wanted to talk to you first.”

Before Heechul had time to take a sip of his drink, Kyuhyun had already asked the dreaded question.

“So what did you and Sungmin get up to last night?” The smirk on his face wasn’t helping.

“Why would I tell you when he’s here?”

“I’m pretty sure Ryeowook can’t comprehend anything at the moment. So tell me…”

Heechul rolled his eyes and leaned back into the pile of cushions behind him. “We just did some stuff that is clearly none of your business.”

“You had didn’t you?” Kyuhyun sounded excited. He was after all, the one who gave Heechul the idea of asking out Sungmin.

“No.”

“Oh come on… you know you can talk about that stuff with me.”

Heechul looked over at Ryeowook who was turning up the music on the stereo and pretending like he was some kind of rock star.

“I didn’t him. Got it?” Heechul’s eyes returned back to Kyuhyun who was now sitting on a chair in front of Heechul like he was interrogating him, which was essentially what he was doing.

“So… you didn’t have . Then what did you do?”

Heechul tried to drink as much of his alcohol as he could before deciding to tell the story.

“We went back to mine and he gave me a .”

Kyuhyun’s eyes went wide.

“Three times.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

So Sungmin is not so innocent anymore... which could be a good or a bad thing. Who knows... Let's just hope Kyuhyun doesn't go telling anyone.

And then next chapter will be the detailed scenes from Heechul and Sungmin's night... and the following that will be the answer to why Ryeowook is off in wonderland.