Chapter 10

Awkward Love and Music

When Kyuhyun suggested that Heechul should talk to Sungmin Heechul's first response was to forget he ever heard such an obsurd comment. But when Sungmin showed up at university later that week, Heechul couldnt help but imagine what it would be like to great with him.

Heechul spent the entire lecture staring at the back of Sungmin, watching how he took notes and read books. He was finding him rather cute to watch in an odd way. Heechul found it amusing to imagine such provocative acts with Sungmin because the latter was so innocent. Then he remembered that Sungmin was actually going to ask him out.

I knew it. I knew he would be gay. 

But Heechul just made that assumption from the fact that Sungmin spent most of his time with the excentric Ryeowook. 

Why am I even thinking about him? This is weird.

When class was finally over, Heechul continued to stare at Sungmin. He watched the younger stand up and collect his things. He chuckled at Sungmin's annoyed expression when he dropped one of his pens. And when Sungmin bent over to pick it up, that's when Heechul knew he had to get with him because Sungmin had the greatest he had ever seen. In fact, he was surprised he hadn't noticed earlier. Heechul quickly looked away when Sungmin walked past him to leave the room. He could tell that Sungmin glanced at him a few times.

Maybe he still wants to go out... then I could sleep with him. Oh wait... there's no way he would do such a thing. But what if he's totally the opposite of innocent in bed? 

Heechul smirked at his thoughts and followed Sungmin out the door and into the hallway. He walked behind him for a minute before deciding to go up and talk to him. He wasn't sure why he didn't seem to mind practically indicating to Sungmin that he was gay. It was probably because the other was too. Sungmin stopped at the end of the hallway in front of the elevator and waited, nervously playing with his fingers. Heechul saw it as the perfect chance and stood next to Sungmin.

"I heard you were going to ask me out."

Sungmin froze in his place as he heard a familiar voice beside him. 

"T-that's n-n-not ... true.."

"Oh really? Well I might have said yes to your offer... but if I heard wrong that that's alright." Heechul sounded casual and tried to be as less intimidating as possible.

"What?" Sungmin instantly turned to Heechul raising his voice just a bit too much.

"I'm not as bad as you think." Heechul walked inside the elevator as the doors opened. Sungmin just stood there in shock. Why in the world would Heechul want to go out on a date with Sungmin? It just confused his mind.

"Aren't you coming in?" 

Sungmin nodded and quickly got inside the elevator. There was silence for a moment until Sungmin worked up the courage to ask a question.

"Are you s-serious?"

"Serious about going out on a date with you? Only if you are." Heechul was glad no one else was with them. He couldn't let anyone else hear that he said he would go out with another guy. They reached their floor and Heechul walked out leaving Sungmin to think about the unexpected.

 

_______________________

 

The rest of the afternoon was pretty much a blur for Sungmin. His mind was entirely focused on Heechul. All through lunch with Ryeowook and Yesung, he continued to stare off and ignore the conversation his friends were having. Surprisingly, Ryeowook didn't question Sungmin about his different mood, instead he was happy to see Sungmin feeling good. 

During his afternoon class, he didn't even want to play anything because he was so distracted. Sungmin was in a mixture of nervous and happy emotions and the result was that he felt like he was in a different world. He was nervous because there was the chance that Heechul was making fun of him. And happy because Heechul was nice to him in his own way. 

But there was one problem. Sungmin told Heechul that it wasn't true that he was going to ask him out. This would obviously create a dilemma for Sungmin because that would mean he would have to approach Heechul again and ask him. Hopefully without passing out. 

Too add even more happiness to his day, Sungmin got a call back from the bakery asking him to come in for an interview. Therefore he spent the evening in the kitchen baking a range of cakes and cookies while planning a list of things to say to Heechul. 

Everything was all wonderful and dandy until Ryeowook came walking in through the door, courtesy of the key he stole, and starting on his usual rant. Sungmin was in the middle of icing a cake when Ryeowook sat down on one the stools at the kitchen bench.

"What brings you over here at this time?" Sungmin asked.

"I am so frustrated with that damn boyfriend of mine. I love him an all, but sometimes..."

"What did he do now?" Sungmin tried not to lose concentration and didn't fully hear what Ryeowook was talking about. He just assumed it was about Yesung because he always had some sort of problem with him. Although it was never anything serious.

"He came over to mine as usual and we were having wonderful y time when guess ing what..."

Sungmin could think of a million things Yesung would say but he kept his mouth shut. 

"Yesung just decides to tell me, out of now where, that I am some kind of addict."

Sungmin was certainly not surprised to hear that. "That doesn't sound good."

"You're telling me." Ryeowook picked up one of the cupcakes from the counter and took a bite out of it. "He's gonna get it so hard tomorrow. So ing hard."

Sungmin could barely understand what Ryeowook was talking about since he had a mouth full of cupcake.

"I see..."

Sungmin found it amazing that Ryeowook could be so oblivious to the fact that ing his boyfriend five times a day was causing a problem in his relationship with Yesung. But if Yesung was right about Ryeowook being a addict, then it was obvious would come before anything else.

"So tell me... why were you in such a good mood today?" Ryeowook leant forward, waiting for Sungmin to spill the beans.

"Umm... it's nothing really."

"Really?"

"I think so." Sungmin moved onto the next cake and stared at it seeing if his creation was perfect.

"Sungmin!"

Sungmin looked up in surprise at his name being said so loud.

"Stop playing with your cakes and tell me the good news. You know I don't settle for nothing."

Sungmin sighed and told Ryeowook about his conversation with Heechul. If he remembered correctly, Ryeowook's facial expressions as he talked went from interest to surprise to disappointment to confusion and then back to surprise. But by the end of it, Ryeowook had a plan. 

 

 

I know it's short, but I just really wanted to update. Next chapter will include Ryeowook's plan to get Sungmin and Heechul together as well as his own relationship problems with Yesung. Sorry for any spelling and grammar mistakes. Will fix up soon if any.

I hope this is all good :)