What Dreams are Made of: The Musical

Until You're Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

No one’s POV

 

            Everyone chatted away as they sat themselves in the red seats, the kids all sat in the front and their parents went either to the back or the top rows; there were about more than two hundred kids there, excitedly waiting.

            DongHae peeks out the curtains and nearly faints from seeing all the seats getting filled up, so he quickly runs backstage and hides in a dressing room. “I can’t do this. I can’t do this.” He curled up into a ball and was already hyperventilating. “Where’s my inhaler!?” He looks around and desperately and finds his bag; he quickly gets out his inhaler, presses it to his lips and inhales deeply after pressing the button.

            He exhales deeply and begins to feel more relaxed; he stands up and looks at the wardrobe. There it was, his bunny costume and right next to it was a strawberry costume and a carrot costume. He frowns and stares at the clothes. He knows he is supposed to be a bunny, but then a light bulb turns on in his head and a wide happy grin spreads across his face.

            “DongHae, you ready? We’re starting now…” SungMin peeks inside the room and DongHae nods.

            “Let me just change.”

            “Kay, remember you’re the bunny.” He reminds him and walks off.

            “Why couldn’t I be a fishy?” He pouts and grabs a costume and he quickly starts changing.

 

 

            Out in the audience, Hyuk Jae quickly sits himself in the front row (between the kids) and he could feel the nerves reaching their peak. Did he believe DongHae could pull this off? He had hope but he wasn’t quite sure what to really think because he hasn’t seen DongHae perform in front of so many people. Hyuk Jae looks around and exhales deeply when he sees all the parents, grandparents, teachers and small kids around. So many people….he tries to calm himself down and the lights quickly change indicating that DongHae was about to start.          

            Sungmin sits beside Hyuk Jae and smiles, “He’ll be fine…I’m sure of it since all he does is please you.” He slightly rolls his eyes. He places his hand on Hyuk Jae’s, trying to calm him down.

            “This is nerve wrecking.” He mutters.

 

            They all tilt their heads when something pops out of the back, making his way forward.

            “What the heck…?”Hyuk Jae frowns and stares at the strawberry slowly approaching the stage. His hands were inside the strawberry costume and his head was lowered, and he was crouched down so all you could see were his feet as he dragged himself forward.

            SungMin’s jaw drops, “Is that…?”

            DongHae peeks out until his eye shows then he quickly lowers his head again. The kids all stay quiet and with confused faces they all stare at him as he stands up properly and look at them. He looked around and frowned, “Why is everyone so far away?” He pouts and waves for them to come forward. “Come closer”

            The children get up from their seats and they all sit in front of the stage and DongHae finds a way to sit his strawberry in the middle as if he was going to tell them a story. He had a small microphone pinned to his costume so everyone could still hear him even though he was talking to the kids; he looks at them and smiles, but twirls his fingers together in a nervous manner. He frowns and looks down, “Want me to tell you something?”

            The kids all perk up and nod.

            DongHae keeps his solemn/ sad-like facial expression, “I’m not really a strawberry.”

            The kids frown, “What do you mean?” One of them asks.

            “I’m actually a bunny!” He makes a shocked face and the kids mirror his expression. “I was once a cute bunny with nice long ears and a cute fluffy tale *Shakes his a bit making everyone laugh* “You see…my bunny parents want me to go to a school FILLED with DIFFERENT kinds of animals…and I *Shake head nervously* cant. I’m too scared. I’m not brave…I’m too shy…how would I get by without talking to anyone? I already feel different enough and now look at me *He points to his costume and pouts* everyone will make fun of me because I’m red. *he sniffles and some kids giggle from his cuteness while others pout with him* what am I gonna do? What do people do to not be afraid of people’s thoughts? What do people do to be strong?”

            “They sing a song!” A little blonde girl says with a smile.

            “Nooo they dream about what they want to happen!” another girl says and everyone frowns, wondering what she means.

            “What do you mean?” DongHae asks sweetly.

            “Cinderella dreamed about her prince and then he poof he was real!” She giggles and all the small girls nod in agreement. “You should sing her song and you will be a bunny again!” She says cutely and DongHae chuckles.

            DongHae perks up and soothing music starts playing in the background. He smiles sweetly and clears his throat as he begins to sing, “A dream is a wish your heart makes when you’re fast asleep. *Everyone stared at him, mesmerized by his angelic, sweet voice* In dreams you will loooose your heartache. Whatever you wish for you keep. Have faith in your dreams and someday you’re rainbow will come smiling through. No matter how you’re heart grieving, if you keep on believing the dream that you wish will come true. “his voice drifts off and everyone instantly starts clapping.

            He looks at the little girl and grins, “I feel better already.” He giggles and the kids laugh with him. His laugh was just as contagious as his smiles and pouts.
”But I think I should sleep *Nods* maybe THEN my dream will make my wish come ttrue.” He stands up and walks to the middle of the stage, he stares at the ground confused. “That’s weird.” All the kids stand and look at what he’s staring at; on the floor were multiple Disney books.

            “Hmmm” He shrugs and lays down on top of them all. “Nighty night.” He says cutely and closes his eyes. In matter of seconds a blue aura surrounds him, the kids all gasp as the curtains open up revealing a treasure filled room, just like the one in Aladdin. There, behind DongHae was a lamp on a stool.

            “Wake up!” All the kids called for him and Hae shifts and sits up, he groans and looks behind him. He gasps. “Rub the lamp!!!!” The kids tell him, jumping up excitedly and he stands up and walks beside the lamp with a shocked face.

            “OMO this is just like Aladdin!” He exclaims and stares at the lamp in amazement. “What should I do?” He looks at the kids with an indecisive expression.

            “RUB THE LAMP!!!!!” they all yell and jump up and down.

            DongHae chews on his lower lip and he slowly picks up the lamp; he inspects it and then he presses his palm on the side and slowly cleans off the dust. Then a blue smoke comes out of the lamp and it surrounds the stage making it difficult for everyone to see what was happening. Once the smoke cleared there was a plump blue man standing beside DongHae, he was stretching and was slightly yelling. “Ten thousand years can give you such a crick in the neck!” He tells the audience as he stretched then he glances at DongHae and stares at him up and down. He burst out laughing instantly at the sight of DongHae, he holds his stomach and laughs loudly. DongHae pouts and stares at his feet and somehow he made the kids feel sad with him.

            “No need to laugh.” Hae says sadly. He sniffles.

            “Have you seen yourself, kid?” The genie wipes his tears from laughing so hard. “You’re a FRUIT!” He chuckles but then clears his throat, “Lucky for you though! I have to grant you three wishes *Holds up three fingers* but make em good, kid.” He smiles and DongHae’s jaw drops.

            “THREE wishes?! *He jumps up in excitement making the kids excited too* OMO that’s so many!” With his first finger he taps his forehead in a thinking matter then he snaps and grins, “I know!” but the genie cuts him off.

            “Have you ever had a friend like me?” he asks out of no where, making DongHae blush because he completely forgot to cue in his song! He was beginning to hyperventilate but he just shakes his head quickly and turns, he huffs and crosses his arms.

            “What’s so great about having a friend like you?” He gave him attitude and the genie walks to the front of the stage with a slight smile. “For all I know…I could be dreaming.” He mutters.

            “Master! I don’t think you understand what is going on here!” he grabs Hae’s arms and sits him down on a chair, “So you just sit while I illuminate the possibilities.” He seemed to glow as music began. As he sang “Fiend like me” multiple genies appeared and he did extensive magic tricks where he’d pull out a bunny out of his hat and pull out a long scarf from behind DongHae’s ears. He made women appear out of no where and they all danced around, entertaining the kids. DongHae only danced on the last lines where the genie sings. “Mister Aladdin, sir, have a wish or two or threeI'm on the job, you big nabob You ain't never had a friend, never had a friend You ain't never had a friend, never had a friend You ain't never had a friend like me You ain't never had a friend like me, hah!” the genie finishes off with the lights changing in different colors, the kids all gasped and their eyes were big with excitement.

            Hae takes a deep breath, “Ok *Exhale* first wish….*Thinking* hmmm…I wish…*Looks up at the crowd and smiles* I wish I didn’t care what other people think of me.” He nods at the genie and grins.

            The genie smiles, “You see, kid, I’m not like other genies…I’ll grant you your wish but you yourself have to make it affective.”

            Hae frowns, “What do you mean?”

            Genie looks at the kids, “Can you think of ANY princess or prince that didn’t care what others thought of him…or her.”

            “BELLE BELLE BELLE!!!” A little girl yells out and she was jumping up excitedly.

            Hae smiles at her and then looks at the genie, “SO I have to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter