Prom

Until You're Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

          “A little more red paint Hyukkie” I say sweetly as we began to paint all over our almost finished canvas. We were both finishing up our painting and it was beginning to look like a masterpiece. It was mostly just of different colors that began to blend with one another when they intersected.

          Hyukkie continued to lightly the paint across the canvas and I smile and grab my own paint brush, dip it into the blue paint and then the canvas softly; no shapes were needed in our artwork, just .

          Hyukkie puts away his brush and wraps his arms around my waist as I continue to paint; a smile slowly spreads on my face from his affection, but I continued to the canvas.

          He pecks my neck “I love watching you paint” He says gently and I smile big as he continues to peck my neck.

          “Hyukkie! *giggle* no distracting me!”

“Cant help it” his voice was muffled by the kisses he trailed all over my neck.

          I felt butterflies in my stomach from the unfamiliar feeling of being kissed by the person I loved. The way he always kissed me…it made me feel loved, and I never thought in a million years I would ever feel this way especially with Hyukkie.

I slightly lean to the side, lean my head on his shoulder and smile at him, and he captures my lips onto his; I close my eyes and enjoy the kiss a bit longer. His fingers slowly interwine with mine as we kiss each other tenderly.

          The kiss was sweet but he slowly pulls away and brushes his fingers on my cheek as he rubs his nose against mine gently, “You still don’t want to go to prom?” he asks under his breath.

          I chew on my lower lip and mutter “But…I’m nervous.” I slowly pout; just thinking about us being on a dance floor with all the other high school kids made my stomach churn.

          He chuckles and squeezes my hand gently “But I’ll be there” He says and pecks my lips “Everyone else is irrelevant” He smirks and I giggle at that.

          “I guess you have a point, but it’s still scary Hyukkie…I’ve never been to a dance.” I sulk and he chuckles and kisses my cheek. I smile big as he squeezes me in his embrace.

          SoHee runs in and smiles at me “Uncle HyunBin is on the phone HaeHae, sounds pretty urgent that he wants to talk to you…”

          My heart sinks and I just stare at her, unable to react. Uncle HyunBin…was calling me through the phone?! The last time I saw him…he was hurt by Kai, so then this means that he wasn’t dead. SoHee runs into the room, grabs my arm and pulls me away from Hyukkie, out the room and towards the house phone. “He really wants to talk to you” she says, smiles and walks off.

          I slowly reach for the phone and pick it up with a trembling hand, I place it near my ear and whisper a “Hello?” I was afraid my voice would crack.

          No response.

          Not even breathing could be heard.

          “U-Uncle HyunBin….?” I chew on my lower lip.

          I waited a bit longer but it was dead silent, it made me uneasy.

          I hang up the phone with my trembling hands and just stare at the phone, expecting to hear a ring soon.

          “That was a short conversation” Hyukkie says as he walks into the kitchen, I nearly jump when I hear his voice; I turn and force a half smile. I leaned against the counter, gripping onto it to stop my hands from shaking.

          “Why you so jumpy?” He frowns and stares at me.

          “N-No reason.” I shake my head and grin.

          He smiles and approaches me, he slowly wraps his arms around me and pulls me close to him “Donghae…is something bothering you?”

          “No Hyukkie…what could possibly be bothering me?” I force a smile and he just stares at me, half inspecting. I pout “What?”

          He shakes his head “Nothing…” he pecks my nose and half smiles “I should get going…its already late.” He says while sulking and squeezing me tighter in his embrace.

          “I’ll walk you to the door,” I say, peck his chin and we walk off towards the doorway while holding hands. I step outside with him and look around the dark night, the stars were shining up above us.

          “I’ll see you tomorrow, k” He says happily and kisses me sweetly, I smile big and kiss him back. The kiss slowly deepened but something must have stopped him and pulled away from me. He frowns “You’re shaking.”

          My heart drops.

          I’m what?

          My gaze drops from his eyes and falls on my hands, they were slowly trembling. I shake my head quickly and smile “N-No, I just…I’m cold.” I half smile and look around. Well, we were outside…and it wasn’t exactly warm either.

          Why am I shaking?!

          This doesn’t make sense….

          “Oh...well then *Kisses me quickly* get inside, baby” He smiles sweetly. “I’ll see you tomorrow.” He says gently.

          I nod “Kay Hyukkie. Night” I kiss him and walk back inside.

          I run into my room and press my back to the door, a deep exhale escapes my lips as I try to comprehend why I was shaking. This doesn’t make sense to me…I’m not scared…why would I be? It’s just Hyukkie…and unlike HyunBin he wouldn’t hurt me. I sniffle and stare at my trembling hands, I squeeze them into a fist but they continued to shake.

         

 

~Weeks later~

 

          “I look stupid!” I pout and stare at my reflection in the mirror. Taeyeon and SooYoung were in my room with their sparkly dresses. They had combed my hair upwards and I felt really queasy and nervous, I was just not ready to go to prom!

          “You look so handsome, Hae” Tae exclaims happily. “Plus, you look really handsome in a black tux” she giggles and grins as I continued to sulk in front of the mirror.

          “Yea and I’m sure Hyukjae will think love the way you look!” SooYoung says and then slightly giggles “I’m sure he’ll prefer you out of the tux though” she winks at me through the mirror.

          I instantly blush at her comment while she and Tae continued to giggle. I chew on my lower lip and stare at my reflection, making sure there was no imperfection.

          “So…Hae…you and Hyukkie haven’t…had…you know…-” ~Sooyoung

          “NO!” I say and quickly frown. “You know…I probably won’t ever be able to…do that.”

          SooYoung frowns “really?...because of…your uncle…?” She chews on her lower lip when I slowly nod once. “I understand DongHae, but…you I’m pretty sure Hyukjae will want to…eventually. Since you two seem to be really loving with one another.”

          “Yea, we always see you two kissing” Taeyeon adds.

          I just stare at my reflection with no expression.

          “Have you told him yet?” SooYoung asks.

          I shake my head, “I don’t know how…”

          “Just tell him Hae, he deserves to know.” Tae encourages softly.

          “

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter