Audition

Until You're Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Henry’s POV

 

            My heart beat was racing; I was slowly walking into the school’s theatre, this wasn’t just any school theatre this was the high school’s  school theatre! It was so beautiful and amazing and spacious that many professional musicals, bands and dramas have been performed here. I slowly make my way inside and nearly gasp at the sight of how many red seats their were, I look up and there were about 3 floors up filled with those comfy looking red seats. I smile big and look at the stage and was mesmerized by the light wooden floors that took up so much space; I make my way up the steps and look around. I clutched my violin case and begin to feel really nervous. What am I doing here?!

            “You here for the auditions?” I jump and turn.

            He smiled a bit, “Sorry…did I scare you?”

            I smile nervously and stare at the ground, “A bit…”

            “Oh, well sorry but you have to wait in the back then…they will be starting shortly.” He looked me up and down. “By the looks of you…you look like the middle school kid.” He half smiles, “You were the only young one that signed up…so therefore you are going last. Hope that’s ok…”

            I nod feeling really nauseous.

            “Ok…I’ll lead you to the back.” He walks in front of me and I just trail behind, he walks into a door and we step in. There were tons and tons of students all around practicing in a dance floor, but not all of them were dancing. Some were playing musical instruments, others danced, others sang and others did weird magic tricks. I wonder what this musical is about… I smile and sit in a corner. I felt really nervous and everyone was just staring at me.

            “Who is the kid?” One of them whispered to another.

            I stared at the ground pretending not to hear all of them talking about me. The student that had walked me in here had left because apparently he was one of the judges…I wonder who he is. I exhale slowly and just look through my music for the hundredth time. I wish DongHae was here….

 

 

            Time passed by and finally it was my turn to audition so I stood up and made my way back out the stage. I looked at the nine judges all whispering to each other; I froze….isnt that….my eyes widened. OMO HYUK JAE IS ONE OF THE JUDGES!?!? Oh god oh God I have to get out of here! I turn; ready to run away when Hyuk Jae calls out, “Lee Henry!” He smiles brightly eager to watch me perform.

            I gulped. Oh god…if I disappoint him then he might think DongHae has a terrible brother and then he wont ever love him and it will be all my fault!! I start smacking my head gently.

            All the students that performed before me were sitting on the seats; they were all smirking at me. They knew I was nervous and this seemed to amuse them. I stare at the ground, frozen in place. I noticed that Hyuk Jae was sitting in the middle, in a big comfortable chair so I guess this means he is the most important judge? And the guy sitting next to him was the student that walked me to the back…they all had name plaques in the front of them and his name was SungMin.

            “Whenever you’re ready.” Hyuk Jae says with a bright smile, he was leaning his head on his palms and waiting patiently for me to start.

            I looked up and stared up at all the seats, if all these seats were one day filled…I would have a mental breakdown! Oh god just thinking about it made me feel sick to my stomach. I chew on my lower lip and hold my violin in my arms. “I…I changed my mind.” I said in a soft voice, turned and was ready to leave when I heard someone approaching me. I turned and saw Hyuk Jae walking up to me, he seemed confused.

            “Wait…don’t go…” He holds my shoulder and makes me face him.

            I gulp. I never thought I’d be so close to the guy DongHae is in love with. I study his face, well, he really is handsome.

            “I understand if you’re nervous…” He smiles a bit. “I mean I get nervous all the time, but don’t be, ok? You made it this far, now all you need is to perform.” The students snickered behind him. “Just ignore them,” He turns my head so I don’t see them and I only see him, “Just pretend that you’re playing for someone important.” He smiles encouragingly.

            Someone important…I look down and think. I look at my violin and smile big. DongHae, I’ll play for him because if it wasn’t for him I would have never discovered my love for Violet, my Violin. I nod and hand him a CD. “Play this.” I tell him.

            He looked confused but nods. He walks back to his seat, puts in the CD and looks at me, waiting for me to tell him to press play. He smiles.

            I’ve never performed in front of anyone else other than my siblings so this should be interesting…doing the two things I love. Playing and dancing. “I will perform Storm by Antonio Vivaldi” the judges all perked up instantly; they knew the piece wasn’t easy to play. I plug in my violin to the amp on the side. I exhale slowly and clear my head. I am playing for DongHae, only DongHae. I nod at Hyuk Jae and smile; he smiled back at me, and for some odd reason I felt a lot better. The tune began and I started to move along with it, as soon as I began playing they were all mesmerized by my every

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter