Dinner and a Psychiatrist

Until You're Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I peck Abby’s head softly, “I’ll be back soon, k baby?” I say sweetly then give her a final kiss on her head before I head out of my room, down the stairs and out the front door. I take a deep breath and then begin walking towards Hyukkie’s house slowly. I really didn’t know what to expect, but I had faith that if I tried really hard then Hyukkie’s daddy has no reason to hate me.

            I walk up the steps then ring the doorbell; I look around nervously but maintain a calm expression.

            The front door opens, “Hey DongHae!” SungMin says sweetly then pulls me into a hug, “Come on in. We were just finishing up dinner” he says while stepping aside to let me in. I walk inside and look around. Where were his parents? Maybe they are settling in their room…

            I walk into the kitchen and smile sweetly at Hyukkie-who was busy serving the food, “Hi Hyukkie” I say sweetly but keep my distance in case his parents showed up any second now. “Do you need any help?”

            He smiles at me, “no baby go ahead and take a seat” he says while carrying two plates to the dinner table, he sets them down and SungMin places two other plates down. Sungmin walks off to get the other tro remaining plates and Hyukkie and I sit next to each other while Hyukkie’s parents and Luna make their way down the stairs.

            “Who is this?” Hyukkie’s umma ask and I quickly stand up and bow to her.

            “I’m DongHae *shakes hand* I’m Hyukjae’s….friend” I smile at her and then I bow to Hyukkie’s daddy and he awkwardly shakes my hand.

            “Oh, I didn’t know you had any friends” his daddy says rudely before he sits comfortably on his chair and begins to eat.

            “Should we say grace?” I frown and stare at my food.     

            Luna giggles and was already sitting when I look at her, “Aw DongHae you are so cute!” She looks at her dad, “we should say grace!” she smiles at me, “So uhh…*frown* how do we say grace?”

            I smile at her “Well we just really have to say a thankful prayer to God for allowing us to have this food…”

            They stare at me with odd expressions (except Hyukkie and Sungmin) so I just smile, bow my head and close my eyes. I mutter a thank you prayer to God and then finish it with an ‘Amen’. I sit up and smile at everyone, “Ok…you can eat now” I slightly giggle at their confused expressions.

            Hyukjae smiles and we all begin to eat slowly. Hyukkie presses his hand on my knee gently and I smile to myself as I try not to make it noticeable. Luna looks at me, “So DongHae…do you have a girlfriend?” She asks with a sweet smile.

            I could feel my cheeks burning from the sudden question, “I…*gulp* n-no…w-why?”

            She giggles, “I’m just wondering! No need to be shy” She giggles then looks at her father (who was busy eating and ignoring his surrounding) “Isnt he so cute daddy?” she grins.

            He stares at her and half shrugs, “I guess…if that’s the way you see him.” He finishes his food then walks off up the stairs; a loud, tired exhale could be heard.

            I look over at Hyukkie’s mom and half smile, “So where exactly did you all go for your vacation?” I smile sweetly at her and she just stares at me and purses her lips.

            “We went to many places…cant quite just say one. It’s something you will probably never understand though so just…don’t ask” She half smiles and places her elbows on the kitchen table.

            I frown. Did she just insult me? Oh well….I’ll just pretend that it doesn’t affect me. I grin “Probably not. But I do know my world map so I should know where you went…so was the trip for business or for fun?”

            “IT was more for fun” she says while staring at her empty bowl.

            “Want more?” Hyukkie asks sweetly.

            “No I’m ok” she smiles at him.

            “I want more” SungMin grins at his brother and lightly pushes his empty bowl towards him.

            Hyukkie smiles a bit, grabs the bowl then walks off to the kitchen to serve Sungmin more food.

            I turn my attention back to Hyukjae’s mother, “You look really tired…maybe you should make an appointment to go to a spa. I heard the one nearby is really well known. Many famous people have gone there as well”

            She stares at me and half smiles, “Really? Well then I should call them then-”

            “Make an appointment for me too” Luna interjects and winks at me; I blush and look away quickly.

            “Yea sure. I should go rest up now…I feel so tired from the long plane ride…” She yawns, stands and walks off.

            Hyukkie sits back beside me and hands SungMin his food. He looks at me, leans in and whispers in my ear, “Can I sleep over tonight? I really don’t want to stay here….” He slightly pouts. MY heart started racing for some reason. Maybe now we can cuddle in my bed…OMO I feel so excited just thinking about it! I grin and nod happily, “Of course Hyukkie” I say, a little too loud.

            “Hyukkie? Aw what a cute nickname!” Luna exclaims and smiles sweetly at us, “Are you two close…or what?”

            We both freeze and stare at each other.

            Hyukkie clears his throat “We’re…pretty close…”

            SungMin giggles silently but stays quiet when Luna stares at him.

            “I feel like I’m missing something…” she frowns and just shrugs “Well, anyway, I should get some sleep now. I am so beat from the endless walking, sight seeing, shopping and all that junk.” She walks over  to me and hugs me tightly; I stand up and hug her properly. “Goodnight DongHae…*pulls away* I’ll see you tomorrow, I hope” she winks at me than goes off to hug her siblings tightly; she pecks their cheeks and walks upstairs.

            “So where am I staying?” SungMin frowns.

            “My room…Luna is taking over your room and our parents will get the guest room” he explains then interwines his hand with mine. “We should go now before they come back” he looks towards the stairs then pulls me towards the door.

            I just trail behind and wrap my arm around his, “Hyukkie it’s so cold” I say in a small cute voice as I hug him closer. He chuckles and takes me inside my house; I lock the door and we go on up to my room.

            “Hey sweetie!” Hyukkie says happily when he sees Abby on my bed. She quickly sits up and wags her tail happily when she sees us.

            “Aw she’s so cute: Hyukkie says in a low voice as he pets her softly.

            I frown and begin to feel really neglected for some reason. Why doesn’t he hold me anymore?...maybe he doesn’t love me anymore….Does my past disgust him? I cant blame him, honestly. I sniffle and stare at my feet as I felt hot tears threatening to fall down. I should have never told him…

            “DongHae…” Hyukkie quickly sets Abby down and approaches me. He cups my jaw line with both hands and lifts up my head a bit so my eyes would meet his. “Baby…what’s wrong?” he sounded so worried that I instantly felt guilty for making him feel this way.

            “N-Nothing…” I mutter and wipe my eyes; I force a smile but Hyukkie didn’t buy it.

            “Don’t lie to me…” he whispers and pecks my lips. I close my eyes but was sadly reminded that that was all I was able to get from him now. I stare into his eyes, “Tell me Donghae…so that I can help you.” His thumb slowly brushes against my cheek.

            “Hyukkie…be honest, are you ashamed of me?” my voice broke.

            “Ashamed?” he frowns, “No of course not, why would I ever be ashamed of you Donghae?” he wraps an arm around my waist and pulls me close to him, but I stay quiet. “DongHae, please talk to me” he pleads softly.

            “I miss you” I say weakly. “Why are you always distancing yourself from me?” I frown and stare into his eyes.

            “I do not distance myself from you” he sounded confused but also a bit in denial.

            “Kiss me” I stare at him, challengingly.

            He leans in and pecks my lips, but quickly pulls back and stares at me, “That’s not distancing myself DongHae…I love you.” He places his hands on my hips and looks at me with delicate, sweet eyes, “So much that if I ever hurt you…or made you feel uncomfortable, I would hate myself-” I press my finger on his lips.

            I shake my head and smile sweetly “No, Hyukkie, don’t hate yourself please.” I lean closer and brush my lips against his; he stiffens but doesn’t pull away. I smile a bit, “Come on” I smile and pull him towards my bed. “I promise, cuddling wont hurt me” I grin and pull the covers off; I sit down and pull him towards me.

            “DongHae…I-” he was reluctant but in the end he sat next to me on the bed and I wrapped my arms around him tightly. He hugs me back and pecks my head, “DongHae…would you ever consider…seeing a psychiatrist?”

            My eyes widen and I lift my head and frown, “Why?”

            He shrugs a bit, “Maybe it will help…” he smiles and pecks my nose, “Come on baby…think about it at least. If you want I’ll go with you” he grins, “I’ll be with you there, every step of the way.“

            I smile a bit and peck his lips, “I’ll go…if you kiss me” I grin and lean close to him; I pucker my lips cutely and he half smiles and pecks my lips. He pulls away quickly and smiles sweetly at me. I pout but then quickly frown.

            I let out a frustrated groan, “That is NOT a kiss!” I grab him and kiss him roughly, he seemed shocked but (sadly) in control; he refused to deepen the kiss, so we kept exchanging constant pecks. I guess this is a start, for now. Maybe after I go seek help Hyukkie will kiss me the way he used to.

            I miss those kisses.

           

 

I rest my head on his shoulder and slightly frown, “Do I really have to seek help Hyukkie…I’m fine, really. It’s been years, and I’m not sick or anything so why must I go?” I lift my head and stare at him; he stred back with solemn, scared eyes and then I understood….Hyukkie didn’t know how to exactly help me. I half smile, “Hyukkie?”

          “I’m sorry” he whispers and looks down at his hands that were pressed lightly around his knees. “I just want to be sure you’re ok….please, Donghae” he leans close and looks at me with puppy dog eyes, “Can we just try, please baby? It’ll make me feel at ease”

          I half smile and slowly nod, “okay” I say softly and lean my head back onto his shoulder, “I’m sorry…do I cause you pain?” I frown. He seems really worried about my state of mind.

          “No” he whispers and pecks my head; his arms wrap warmly around me gently, “He does.” He says simply. I assumed by ‘he’ he meant my uncle. “I just wish I knew how to help you…I’m a terrible boyfriend” he says weakly and drapes his hands over me from his despair.

          I smile and interwine our fingers together “No, you’re an amazing boyfriend Hyukkie. Just the simple fact that you are trying to help me is enough” I grin at him and peck his lips. “But we should sleep now…I’m really tired” I frown and lay comfortably on my bed then pull the covers over me. Hyukkie didn’t budge- he stayed sitting up and staring off to the side.

          “Hyukkie? Arent you sleepy?” I mutter and he turns and smiles at me, he slowly lays beside me and pulls me close into his arms. I grin and hug him back tightly- this was more skinship than I’ve gotten in quite a while. I enjoyed the sweet scent escaping his body and rested my head on his chest, but then we were disturbed by Abby who climbed on top of Hyukkie and decided to make her way in between us. I stare at her and frown, “What is she doing here?”

          He chuckles and pe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter