A sudden attack

Until You're Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

            I slowly make my way out of Mr. Devin’s office and into Hyukkie’s arms, “How was it?” he asks while pecking my head and rubbing my back sweetly.

          “It was alright” I pull away a bit and smile at him, “To be honest, I feel a lot better than I did before” I grin and he nods and pecks mmy lips. “Are you gonna talk to him?”

          “Yea…will you wait for me?” he drops his lips a bit and looks at me cutely; our fingers slowly interwined and I just smile and slowly nod.

          I peck his lips before he walks off and disappears inside Mr. Devins office. I wonder what they will speak about…I sat down and kicked my feet around to distract myself. I was lost in my thoughts, so time went by pretty fast.    

          I couldn’t stop thinking about how lucky I am. It is true, I’ve waited for so long to be with the one I love, but I would gladly go through all those years all over again if it meant Hyukjae would fall in love with me.

          Uncle HyunBin felt like a distant, blurry, fading memory that kept shrinking with each day, and the way this began was through Hyukjae. He saved me. Even if he never realized what he was doing.

          I smile big when I think about our puppy, Abby; it felt like we already had our own little family. We loved her so much and I could already see us spoiling her rotten.

          Hyukkie makes his way out of the office after a while and I stand and wrap my arm around his, “So what did he say?” I smile big and we walk back to his car.

          “He said many things of you…” he chuckles and opens the car’s door for me wide open, and once I step inside he slowly closes it. He gets into his side and puts on his seat belt.

          “Oh, come on tell me” I pout.

          He laughs, “He just said that you’re an amazing person and that he really admires you…*sweet smile* as do I”

          I felt my heart swell up at the compliment and smile widen a bit, “Thank you Hyukkie…”…because it was all you’ I finished the thought in my head.

 

          When we got to my house, Hyukkie had to leave me for obvious reasons. His parents were really beginning to bug me, as much as I tried my best to stay polite and not show how much it bothered me how rude they were, I was beginning to become really annoyed by them. Maybe it was because during my visit with Mr. Devin he said that it was ok to feel annoyed, anger and frustration; the feelings were sometimes healthy.

          I exhale deeply and walk into the kitchen with the intent to cook dinner for my babies; I first go get Abby and set her on the counter. She seemed scared so I put her down instead, “Sorry sweetie” I say softly and peck her head before looking around my kitchen for food. I made something quickly then scoop Abby in my arms and walk into my art studio.

          I dedicate the rest of my time to painting a portrait of Abby. I used light tones to really show the innocent glow that radiated from her fur.

          She just stares at me with her puppy eyes and I  cant help but smile big at her.

          “Abby, you are so cute” I nearly squeal ad I finish up her painting. Once I was done, I heard the doorbell ring. I set down my paintbrush and walk out towards the door; Abby follows behind. I open it and frown.

          No one was there.

          I poke my head out and look around.     

          What the heck?

          My phone rang and I answer it happily, “Hi hyukkie!” I grin.

          “Baby, you wont believe where I’m at” he says miserably.”

          I frown, “Why do you sound so sad?” I as while sitting on the couch.

          “I’m with my parents….Luna practically begged them so we could all come out to eat. It baby…I need you. I feel so out of place” he mumbles.

          I giggle “Wait, so you’re at a fancy restaurant?” I didn’t quite get it.

          “its some rich family party really…and we ate here.” He exhales deeply, “But anyway, I should go now.”

          The doorbell rings again.

          I frown and slowly stand, “I think someone is ding-dong-ditching at my house” I walk towards the door and freeze. I felt really uneasy.

          “DongHae…what’s wrong?” he sounded worried.

          “Hyukkie…” My heart begins to pound in my chest.

          A low eerie whisper comes from behind the door, “…donghae…open up…” he laughs “Let’s play a game,”

         

          I stared at the door for the longest time trying to process what was going on. That voice…it wasn’t Uncle HyunBin’s voice….it was Kai’s voice.

          I stayed frozen in place with my phone glued to my ear and then I heard Hyukkie on the other line say “Baby? What’s going on? Talk to me please”

          “Hyukkie…I think…” I tried to tell him but my voice came out as muffles and the rest of my words were drowned by a sudden shatter of glass; I nearly scream and duck down. I stare at the window and dashed up the stairs when I see Kai slipping inside my house through the window.

          I cant understand this…why is he doing this?!

          “Hyukkie! KAI JUST BROKE INTO MY HOUSE!” I say frantically.

“Wha-What?!”

I run into Henry’s room and hiss out “HIDE” he gets up from his nap tiredly and stares at me in confusion, but by his expression I knew he wouldn’t do as I say.

          “What’s going on?!” he asks in a scared manner.

          “DONGHAE!” I heard Kai yell.

          “Please Henry…hide” I begged and he only nods and gets under the bed while I run out and head inside my room, but I cant lock myself inside…if I do…Kai will go into Henry’s room…

          “DongHae, baby are you ok?!” He sounded in a hurry “I’m on my way, ok? I’LL BE THERE SOON!” he says quickly and the line went dead.

          I press my back against a wall and nearly cringe when Kai walks into my room; I stare at him and notice something was off; his eyes were bloodshot red and dilated, his clothes were tattered and his hair was really messy. He looked terrible.

          He slowly approaches me and I just try to keep getting away from his; I would move to the side. I tried to calm my breathing but Kai just glared at me- making me even more anxious than before.

          “DongHae…how could you”

          I stare at him and frown, “How could I what?”

          “I honestly thought you and I…would have something special” he mutters and approaches me slowly. I was backed up against the wall and began to slowly shake my head.

          “Don’t do this Kai, you’re better than this” I try to reason with him but he seemed out of reach; his mind was elsewhere.

          “I loved you” he whispers and pins me up against the wall- making me scream from the impact of his body against mine, “I LOVED YOU!” he yells at me and grips onto my hair while his other hand had a tight grip on my shoulder.

          “S-Stop, Kai, please!” I cried out in pain and began to cry out of fear and confusion. I wasn’t sure how to deal with him in this state. His disgusting smell surrounded me, I couldn’t even tell what that smell was exactly, but it smelled like skunk rolled around in dirt. I groan and struggle against his grip, “L-Let me go!” I try to push him, but he just keeps his hold on me and gets really close to me, and with a despe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter