Maybe in another life

Until You're Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hae’s POV

 

            I slowly made my way out of the pool, once my feet hit the cold pavement I felt the coldness shoot all around my soaked self. I hugged myself and shivered as I walked over to my towel.

            “Good practice boys!” The coach beams, he was so happy with all the potential swim members.

            I was breathing really heavily, trying to catch my breath and release the aches I felt all over my arms, legs and thighs. I sat on a bench, leaned my head on the wall and exhaled deeply; I closed my eyes and breathed deeply. I felt so out of shape.

            Kibum sits beside me with a huge smile, “Didn’t that feel great?” He practically laughs in happiness.

            I smile a bit and slightly nod, “I love swimming…but I feel so tired…and hungry.” I frown a bit.

            “Lets go eat then! My treat!” He says happily, we stand and walk towards the lockers.

            “No thank Kibum…I should be picking up Henry soon from his musical rehearsal.”

            “Oh…” Kibum slightly smirks, “Excited to see Hyuk Jae, I see? Maybe he’ll be …when he sees you soaked…”he runs his fingers through my soaked hair, “You do look quite nice.” He chuckles when I slightly push him to the side.

            “YAH! Pabo…it’s not funny.” I felt my cheeks burning so I walked in front of him, he was still laughing silently to himself.

            We all stepped into our own stalls and showered away all the icky smelling chlorine. I slightly hum a tune when I feel so relaxed by the warm water. “Mmmm.” I exhale deeply, close my eyes and wash my body with a soap filled cloth. I run my fingers through my shampoo filled hair; I exhale deeply, and scrub my head quickly. Once I was done I turn off the water, wrap one towel around my waist and use the other to dry my upper half. I walk out the stall and head to the locker area and quickly dry myself and put on my boxers, then my dark skinny jeans. I open my locker and stare at the mirror, I frown and try to fix my stupid looking hair.

            “Nice hair, Hae.” Kibum teases when he sees me trying to fix it. He walks over to his area and quickly puts on his clothes, but I paid no attention to him. I was still trying to fix my hair…I frown…Aish I’m gonna see Hyuk Jae soon! I have to fix myself and look presentable. I pout and gave up so I just shrug and put my wet swim trunks in a plastic bag and stuck it in my gym bag. I put on a buttoned up shirt and stare at the ceiling.

            “Why you looking so nice for?”

            I stare at Kibum and slightly smile, “I look nice…?”

            “A buttoned up collared shirt, DongHae? You trying to impress Hyuk Jae?” He slightly chuckles and I throw my cleans socks at him.

            “Stop teasing!” I turn but felt myself blushing. Wonder if Hyuk Jae would think I look nice…I chew on my lower lip, grab my socks, put them on then slip on my shoes.

            Kibum chuckles and I slightly smile and stare at my feet. I hadn’t notice that everyone was gone already. Did I take long showering? I shrug, stand and throw my gym bag over my shoulder, “See you tomorrow!” I slightly sing and head out.

            Kibum laughs, “Don’t forget to breathe when you see Hyuk Jae!” He yells out and I puff my cheeks and walk out the locker room, I exhale and look around the dark sky. I smile happily and head to the drama room, I stared at my feet as I slowly made my way to where the musical was being rehearsed.

            When I stepped in, people were already leaving, I look around and smile when I see Hyuk Jae talking to SungMin; he was smiling big, he looked so happy…I felt so warm inside and I felt myself smiling. My smile quickly faded when I saw some girl come into his view, I exhale deeply and felt my heart drop when they embraced each other. The hug wasn’t what bothered me, but the way they held each other…I stared at my feet and took a step back, I hadn’t realized my hands were tightly pressing against my pant’s pockets.

            Calm down.

            Calm down.

            I sniffle and chew on my lower lip.

            “DONGHAE!!!” Henry beams happily and runs into my arms, he hugs me tightly and giggles from seeing me “I missed you so much!! How was practice?” He pulls away and stares at me. “You ok?” His smile quickly fades when he looks into my eyes.

            I force a nod and the forced nod is followed by a forces smile, “Of course.” I say breathless. “I-I’m f-fine.” I clear my throat and take a hold on his hand, “We should go…come on.” I was about to drag him away when I hear SungMin calling after Henry, we freeze, turn and stare at him.

            “You forgot something.” SungMin hands him a little toy that looked like an angel, I smile at it, but I could feel SungMin’s hidden glares at me. I avoid looking into his cold eyes, but I felt depressed that he would stare at Henry so warmly and so coldly at me…wonder what I do that bothers him so much.

            “Thanks SungMinnie!” Henry beams cutely and hugs him, SungMin hugs him back and I smile knowing that they are friends.

            “I’ll see you next rehearsal.” SungMin half smiles at him and walks off without even saying anything to me. 

            Henry smiles at me, “Wont you say anything to Hyuk Jae?” He pouts when I shake my head slowly, “Why?”

            “He’s busy…” I say half heartedly and then I drag him away.

            “But-but…you can’t just not say ANYTHING to him…at least say hi…or bye…or smile your cute smile.” He says softly. “You look sad Donghae…don’t be sad. She’s just a friend, promise. I won’t let him fall in love with anyone but you.” He nods sweetly.

            I slightly smile and shake my head as we walk out of the drama room; I stare at my feet and part my lips, “I won’t get in between his happiness Henry…but…it pains me to feel…restless.” My voice drifts off. “I just feel like he’ll never fully understand how empty I feel, and only he could fill this emptiness. He’s all I see, Henry…Am I insane?” I half smile and he smiles sweetly at me.

            “You’re in love…I think it’s normal.” He half shrugs and squeezes my hand while the other clutches on his Violin. “Maybe if you…pursue him a bit more…” He half shrugs.

            “Pursue him more?” I half chuckle. “There’s this part of me that doesn’t want to rest until he’s mine.” I pout, “But I don’t want to feel that way Henry.” I shake my head. “Hyuk Jae loves something that I’ll never be…and really I-”

            “DongHae, wait!”

            We both freeze and stare at each other; we slowly turn and I stare at Hyuk Jae as he approaches us. He exhales deeply and smiles at me, “Sorry…I had no idea I missed you.” He hands me a small clothed bag and smiles sweetly. “Hope you like it.” He grins and I stare at the bag.

            Henry nudges me, trying to get me to say something, but I just stared at Hyuk Jae; I smile at him and he slightly chuckles, “Glad you like it.” He teases.

            I grin and Henry says, “We do Hyung! Thank you!” He says cutely and looks around; SungMin was distantly behind Hyuk Jae and Henry grins, “Erm…SEE YA!” he runs off and leaves Hyuk Jae and me alone. I was going to say something but the kid was too fast for me.

            “You ok?” Hyuk Jae frowns. “I was slightly…hurt that you didn’t even bother saying anything to me.” He half glares at me and I stare at my feet. “But its ok…you must be really tired form practice.” He nods and smiles sweetly.

            Huh?

            I stare at him, “How did you know I had practice?”

            “Henry doesn’t shut up about you.” He laughs and my eyes widened. He. Talks. About me?! Aigo, what does he say?! Hyuk Jae laughs, “It’s cute…I think Henry really looks up to you.” He grins, “Looks like you’re a role model.” He slightly nudges my arm and we end up walking forward. I grin and stare at our feet as we walk towards the woods.

            “Thank you.” My voice was shaky. Why am I so nervous? I stare at the clothed bag and wonder what was inside. I smile and stare at Hyuk Jae.

            “You look really tired…are you sick?” We stop and he presses his palm on my forehead; it felt so cold…and yet so nice. I smile warmly and close my eyes at the nice touch…I felt so lost and dazed.

            I slowly shake my head, “No…I’m not…” I mumble, and took a step to the side, but I stumbled and nearly fall but he ends up catching me. I felt really dizzy, as he held me tightly in his arms.

            “DongHae?” He stares at me skeptically. “Swimming must have made you really tired.” He mumbles and before I knew it the floor moved beneath me. Eh?! My eyes widen when I realize he was carrying me, I kicked my feet around.

            “N-No put me down!” I cling onto his neck and hide my face on his chest while he laughs.

            “Relax DongHae.” He says and continues to move forward, I slowly began to feel more relaxed so I slowly exhale and rest my head on his neck. “Feeling better?” He asks as he passes near the lake.

            I smile a bit and nod. I stare at the blue bag and slowly take it off; I gasp when I see a plastic bag with water inside, there was a little blue friend swimming around. “A Fishy!” ‘I exclaim happily, under my breath and looked at it with big eyes.

            He sets me down but holds has his arm around me as I unlock the front door of my house, we step inside but he kept holding onto me, “Im fine now…really…sorry about  earlier. I’m just a klutz…and hungry.” I pout and held onto the plastic bag with both hands and he just shakes his head.

            “It’s ok…you should eat.” He nudges me towards the kitchen and I smile big as we walk inside. I set my new fishy to the side while I look around the kitchen and smile big when I see SoHee had prepared dinner. I grab a bowl and begin to dump noodles inside.

            “Want some?” I smile big at Hyuk Jae and he shakes his head.

            “Not hungry, but thanks for the offer.” He leans against the counter and watches me as I happily begin to slowly eat my noodles. Just the smell of food made me feel so much better, I hum a song as I slurp up the noodles, completely forgetting that I had company.

            Hyuk Jae silently laughs and I freeze. I look at him with my mouth full and pout; I look away and felt my cheeks burning from embarrassment. I slowly ate and once I was finished I washed my dish and smiled as I searched for a temporary home for my fishy. I chew on my lower lip and take out a long plastic container. I fill it up with water then grab the plastic bag, I slowly open it and set him in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter