My Lullaby

Until You're Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

            “Congrats DongHae.” Random person said as I walked through class.

            I smile shyly, “Thanks…” I stare at the floor as I walk into class.

            So many people have been congratulating me for the musical’s success, my ego was about to burst, but not because of my own success but for Hyuk Jae’s success! If people congratulated me imagine him! I bet he is thought of as a God now, well hasn’t he always been thought of that way? A music God. I smile and stare at him from my seat.

            Growing up, I always heard him play music from my window; the way he played mesmerized me, it made me feel happy and it took me straight to music heaven. Hyuk Jae has always been talented in music, I wonder if he knows this? Maybe I should tell him just to be sure…I chew on my lower lip and look in front of me.

            The teacher has already started class so I drag out my notebook and start scribbling down what she was talking about.

            When the class was over, I felt someone approach me but I was busy shoving all my stuff in my backpack that I didn’t notice.

            “Need help?” He chuckles.

            I jump and stare at him with wide eyes, “How long have you been standing there?”

            He smiles, “Not long….*Clears throat* so have you received anything yet?”

            I frown, “Received anything…? Like what?” I stare at him and he seemed amused that I didn’t know what he was talking about. “Tell me!” I pout because he didn’t want to tell me.

            He chuckles, “You’re just like a child DongHae.” He laughs and I smile big from his laugh. Am I funny? “Don’t worry…you’ll see what I’m talking about later, k?” He grins and then walks off.

            Eh? What the…why did he just leave me here without telling me what he was talking about?! I shrug and look around wondering about the possibilities.

 

 

 

            Once I got home, I quickly began preparing Henry’s birthday cake; it was in the shape of a violin. It wasn’t easy, but in the end it came out perfect! I slightly push down the ‘one’ and ‘four’ candles in between the strings of the violin. Amber and Sohee were preparing his favorite dinner and we tidied up the place, waiting for him to come back from the musical rehearsal.

            SoHee was staring out the window, “He’s coming!” She ran back to the dinner table and we wait patiently with big smiles on our face. Then he unlocks the door and steps in and we yell out, “HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!” and he stared at us with a huge smile as he ran up to us and hugged the three of us.

            “Aw thank you!” He giggles happily as he stares at his cake in amazement. “This is amazing!!!” He grins and we all take pictures of all of us celebrating his fourteenth birthday. We first eat dinner and thank God for another year then we gather around as he makes a wish while we sing ‘Happy Birthday’ and then he blows out his candles.

            He slowly cuts his cake but he seemed so reluctant, he took so many pictures so he would have the memory of it! We all grabbed a piece and I served them their glass of milk and we ate quietly.

            “Mmm Fishy this cake is yummy!” Henry grins with frosting all over his mouth. We laugh and I wipe his mouth with a napkin.

            “So Henry…you’re fourteen now…” Amber begins.

            I stare at her suspiciously. I gave her a ‘don’t you dare give him any bad ideas’ look, but she smirks. “I think it’s time you have your first relationship.”

            Henry nearly chokes on his cake and he turns bright red, Sohee gave Amber a confused look and I just shook my head at her, “Don’t listen to her Henry!”

            Amber laughs, “Just a suggestion…”

            Henry sulks on his chair and stares at his cake, “Can we call mom?” He looks at me and I exhale a bit.

            “I tried…she hasn’t answered…”

            “I wonder why…” Sohee chews on her lower lip.

           

            That night we spent our time in Henry’s room and looking thourgh his photo albums; we spent the whole night laughing due to his funny faces. Then we all passed out on the floor and the next day we were nearly late to school.

 

 

~Four days Later~

 

            Hyuk Jae still hasn’t told me what he meant the other day with his question. Ugh, the curiousity will eat me alive! But I’ve tried not to bother him because he seems so tired from spending his days at school. I wonder what he does… well no, I mean, I know what he does; write music for his plays. I just wish he’d get more rest, he always looks so tired.

            I was walking towards the bus to head to work when I felt someone poke my shoulder; I turn.

            “HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!” SooYoung and Taeyeon exclaim happily, they both hug me and I laugh and hug them back.

            “Aw thank you.” I smile sweetly at them.

            SooYoung smiles big but then frowns, “We’re so sorry we couldn’t wrap Hyuk Jae up and put a bow on him...”

            “We tried to, we really did, but then you compare his muscles to ours and then that thought seemed nearly impossible.” Taeyeon giggles.

            I chuckle with the girls and they both hand me wrapped up boxes; I grin and take them happily, “Aw you shouldn’t have.”

            “Oh, please, this is nothing compared to what you deserve.” SooYoung hugs me tightly and then pecks my cheek. I smile at her and hug both boxes.

            “Yea, I hope you have a good birthday DongHae…” I hug Taeyeon tightly and thank them both before stepping into the bus.

           

            After work, I tiredly drag myself back home. I was wearing my presents the girls gave me; a long sleeved (kind of tight) dark blue shirt and a black hoodie. They both also gave me cute little bracelets. I smile at them as I walk through the woods; I look around at the trees and wonder how much longer until I get home to my bed. Sleeping sounds so good right now. I exhale deeply and close my eyes but then I hear someone clear their throat. Eh? I frown and turn around but quickly smile, “Oh hi Hyuk Jae!” I beam, happy to see him. He was wearing glasses [like in the poster] gahh he looks so handsome!

            He smiles, “I need your help.” He says meekly, “It’s about a song that I’ve been writing…it doesn’t really feel…right.” He frowns sadly. “So I was wondering if you could come, hear it and tell me how you honestly feel about it.”

            I grin, “Sure.” I half shrug and we walk off towards the school “Can’t believe the school actually lets you stay so late…don’t they say anything?” I stare at him as we walk.

He stares at his feet and shrugs, “They don’t really care…I guess they trust I won’t destroy the school or something along those lines.” He smiles and I slightly laugh.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter