Hyukjae's Birthday

Until You're Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

          I woke up, feeling really cramped up in the car; I pout but felt unable to move around and stretch. I exhale deeply as I try to squirm around in the car seat.

          Hyukjae seemed to notice my struggles, “We can stop and stretch if you’d like.” He offers with a sweet tone, he kept looking around the freeway and was driving really fast. I was beginning to panic.

          “Are we almost there?” I somehow managed to sit up properly and move around.

          He nods, “Yea, maybe thirty minutes more.” He looks around the road and swerves into another lane. “So, stop?” He asks with a slight smile. “We could get ice cream, if you’d like.”

          I perk up, “Ice cream!” I say happily and nod rapidly. Hyukjae laughs and drives into another lane to get off the freeway. He drives into a small ice cream shop and we step out the car and I link my arm with his and practically drag him inside. I look around with big eyes, “I’m in heaven.” I say happily.

          Hyukjae stares at me, amused, he looks away when I look at him. He clears his throat, “So…what would you like?” He looks at the options and I stare at all of them with big eyes. “I know…this is probably the most difficult decision of your life.” He teases and I pout and stare at all the different options. He laughs, “DongHae, stop pouting.” He mutters and looks away.

          I look at him and frown, “Why?” I make a face and look at him.

          “Don’t think I can contain myself from pinching your cheeks.” He smirks and stares at the ice cream choices. I look at him confused and he seemed to notice, “DongHae…you seriously don’t notice how adorable you are” He looks at me and smiles.

          I blush and look away. I’m adorable? “T-Thanks.” I stammer, embarrassed and flattered at the compliment. I clear my throat and some smiling lady walks over to us.

          “What would you like?” She asks us.

          Hyukjae purses his lips, “That one.” He points to a picture behind her and it was a weird looking ice cream dish; it had three different flavors, nuts, sprinkles, cookies. My goodness, but it did look yummy.

          “Which flavors?” The woman asks.

          “Strawberry…and more strawberry.” He nods happily and I smile at him.

          “I’ll just have vanilla please.” I smile at her.

          She gives us our ice cream and Hyukjae pays; we walk off and he stares at me, confused. “You sure that’s all you wanted?”

          I nod and we step inside his car. I happily the ice cream and Hyukjae eats his strawberry ice cream with a spoon. He scoops up the ice cream with sprinkles and nuts and offers it to me, “Have some.” He says with a sweet smile.

          I smile, lean in and take the spoonful of ice cream in my mouth. I smile and swallow it happily. Yummy.

          We eat our ice cream in a pleasant silence, but then Hyukjae hands me his plate of ice cream and mutters, “You can finish it.”

          I grin, take his spoon and start finishing up his ice cream while he drives off.

           Once we arrived, Hyukjae had to pay for parking near the theatre. He paid the toll then parks the car after we searched everywhere for a spot. We step out of the car and I look around, “What if I get lost.” I pout and begin to feel uneasy. So many people were surrounding the theatre and I felt a knot in my stomach. What if we don’t find our seat!?! What if I get lost in the crowd and I never find Hyukjae again?!

          “Ready?” Hyukjae walks over and frowns, “You ok? You look a little pale…” He brushes his fingers on my cheek and smiles when I begin to blush “There you go, a little color.” He chuckles, takes my hand into his and we walk off holding hands. I stare at our linked hands and blush even deeper, “Relax, DongHae, this is just so we wont get separated by the crowd.” He smiles big and we line up with all the people; the doors were barely opening, letting us in. We walked inside, handing our tickets over and they took a small piece from our ticket and let us into the theatre. I look around, arm still clinged onto Hyukjae’s, and felt myself in a foreign place. I never once thought I would be able to see a musical this big!  

          “Hyukkie…*Look around at all the seats* which seat is ours?!” There were so many seats, how do we know which one is ours?!

          Hyukjae laughs, “DongHae…our tickets have a seat number with a letter in front and all the seats have a number and letter as well.”        

          “Oh.” I smile happily. “You’re so smart Hyukjae.” I beam and he holds my hand gently and we walk over and find our row and find our seat; it was in the middle and we were so close to the stage! My goodness, I did get good seats! I felt so happy when I looked around and saw all the seats, floors up and felt so lucky to be here.

          Hyukjae was still holding my hand and for some reason he didn’t pull away from me, he just gazed at me- a sweet smile spread on his face as he whispered, “Thank you, DongHae.”

          My heart was fluttering as I stared at him with a grin. I couldn’t speak, I just stared at him but then a ringing broke us from our trance. We both looked down-his hand letting mine go- as he grabbed his phone from his pocket.

          Hyukjae stared at the caller ID

          Everyone was still settling in and the show wouldn’t start for another twenty minutes.

          “Hear this.” He chuckles. Presses a button to put the call on speaker and we lean close to each other and press the phone underneath our ears. “Hello?” Hyukkie answers sweetly.

 (World MEET LUNA! Hyukkie's spoiled, crazy lil sis)

          “HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIIIITTTTCCCHHH!!!!!” she sings and slightly giggles-a slight hiccup escaping her lips.

          “Thanks Luna.” He says happily, “I missed you too.” He chuckles and she seemed to be really happy on the other line with her half squeals- half giggles.

          “I miss you soo much, Hyukjae!!!!” She wailed.

          Was she drunk?

          “, fly to Hong Kong….before I DIE of boredom. Jesus, the old man keeps trying to turn me into something I’m not. *Laugh* So the other day…I had this ing tea lesson, right? ing forced ME to say the prayer” She scoffs, “It was terrible. Daddy was pissed” she said the last part with an odd innocent voice.

          Hyukjae seemed unshaken by his sister’s craziness, “I’m glad you haven’t changed.” He slightly rolls his eyes but continues to smile.

          “Oh, uhm…the old man told me to ask you if you got accepted to the Arts University.”

          He pursed his lips, obviously disappointed his own daddy did

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter