Until You're Mine

Until You're Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

          I walk out of school and head straight home. I wasn’t working tonight, and I also didn’t have practice, so I finally get a free day to just relax. I stopped walking as soon as I stood before the entrance of the woods. Should I? I exhale deeply and was lost in thought, my hands were buried in my pocket and my eyes were scanning the woods. Amber was out working, so she couldn’t come and pick me up…Aish, it’s not like I’m afraid of Kai or his stupid friends…but what if I see Uncle HyunBin again. Well, luckily it isn’t dark yet, so I feel better and begin walking through  the woods, but I kept scanning left and right making sure I wasn’t being followed or watched.

          I kept walking, going deeper and deeper, but then I stop walking as soon as I see Kai sitting there; his expression showed that he was deep in thought…and a little mad.

          Should I turn and run?

          Maybe he’s gonna beat me up!

          I chew on my lower lip and look around.

          “What are you waiting for DongHae?” He mutters.

          I stare at him, “Are you ok? You look a little…sad…?”

          He scoffs bitterly, “I look sad? Really? What do you think?” he glares at me and I just shrug. “You took away a perfect opportunity for me.”

          I roll my eyes, “I wasn’t going to just stand there and let you hurt Hyukjae!” I glare at him, “I’m not stupid, I know you would have hurt him really badly if I hadn’t have ran after you.”

          Kai stands and approaches me, “That reminds me, how are you? Are you hurt?” He looked me up and down and I just make a face and take a step back.

          “What do you care?” I ask harshly.

          “I care…” he whispers, “You’re probably the only person I actually care about why cant you see that?”

          My eyes widen and I just stare at him, “W-What?” Is he being serious right now?

          “When I saw the car swerve past you…I was so scared, DongHae. If something would have happened to you I don’t think I could ever forgive myself.”

          I just stare at him with big eyes. I was so confused.

          “Plus you already went through a hell of a day yesterday. Starting with that guy who tried to you…then you ran a ing marathon, I mean, does Hyukjae mean that much to you that you would chase after a car?! I didn’t think you would actually catch up…” he smirks, “Badass” he mutters.  

          I puff my cheeks, “I don’t accept your compliments! Listen, Kai…I would have MAYBE considered being your friend after you saved me from the guy (my uncle) BUT THEN you had the audacity to kidnap your own cousin with the intention of hurting him….” I stare at him in disbelief, “I could NEVER be your friend.” I say simply.

          He half smiles, “I don’t want to be your friend.”

          The way he said that was really weird…I back away, feeling really uncomfortable. “W-Well g-good!” I cross my arms and look away.

          “You know they say opposites attract.” He chuckles and I stare at him, confused. “You and I are quite opposites…don’t you think?”

          “You say the weirdest things.” I mutter.

          “DongHae…how do you think I feel about you?”

           I laugh, “Are you serious?” I roll my eyes, “You obviously hate my guts because you’re always hurting Hyukjae and I’m always saving him from your wrath. You’re just pretending to care about me, so that I will lose my guard and allow you to hurt Hyukkie but think again mister! I am much smarter than you think.” I grin, proudly and he slightly laughs. “Don’t laugh.” I say and frown. “I am smart.”

          “Brilliant.” He says and stares at me with an amused smile.

          “Well later.” I was about to walk off but he grabs my arm and holds me in place. I stare at him, “Uhm…let me go.”

          “I don’t hate you.” He says and lets me go. “And I’m not pretending to care about you either.” I frown and he goes on, “I do wish we could be friends…but seeing how you love someone I despise…I don’t think that’s possible.”

          “It’s not!”

          He smiles, “I know…but I can hope.”

          I puff my cheeks and shrug, “Well I can hope too! I’ll keep on hoping that you will stop being a jerk to Hyukkie!” I spit out and he looks down.

          “Wont happen.”

          “Whatever then, I’ll just keep on hoping mhm.” I wave, “Bye Kai, have fun with your thoughts and evil plans. Just remember that if you don’t stop, I’ll glue myself to Hyukjae” I joke and walk off.

          “I”LL PEEL YOU AWAY!” He yells while I walk and I frown and continue walking. Peel me away…that sounds painful!

          I walk home and felt so relieved to be home, “HOME SWEET HOME!” I yell out happily and jump on the couch, feeling instantly comfortable.

         

 

~Next Day at School~
 

          “So pink or red?”

          “Bleh, you know I hate pink.” I make a face.

          Kibum and I were sitting closely together, staring at a magazine; I was helping him pick out furniture and paint colors.

          “But I think some pink looks kind of cool”

          I glare at him, “Seriously?” I shake my head, “I disown you.”

          He pouts, “I thought you loved me.”

          I laugh and pat his head, “Yah pabo, I do now keep looking before the teacher comes and starts the class!”         

          He flipped through the pages, “White furniture…or black furniture…”

          I chew on my lower lip, “Hard choice. I think it depends on what colors you want because you need a spectrum balance, or you need to match!” I laugh.

          He smiles, “Aish guess what my parents found out I am retaking math again.” He looked scared. “They’re pissed donghae! PISSED! I need help though, I seriously don’t get it so will you please tutor me? I need you.” He pouts and I smile and nod.

          “Of course I will” I beam “Wait so you haven’t applied to colleges yet, huh? Don’t you need to pass math…to apply…” 

          He sadly nods, “Yup, what school would accept my grades.”

          “I would!” I laugh and he laughs with me. “Oh, wait…IF I was a school I would…but I’m not so sorry.” I half shrug.

          “Did you already apply?”

          I  nod, “Yup and the results should start coming in this week. I am seriously

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter