forty-four

BEATZ | ONGOING
changes
may 11, 2015

"Gosh, I miss Kyu." Jin said to herself as she rode on the van. She'll be having a photoshoot today so she's the only member who has a schedule aside from MingKyun. "You do?" She got shocked because Sora heard it. "A-Ani." Jin hid it. "Why are you so shy? Are you still afraid to show your soft side?" Jin looked down. "You've been together for years Haejin-ah. You were all together before debut. Why are you still uncomfortable to the others?" Jin finally decided to answer. "Unnie, it's not that i'm not that comfortable with them. It's jusy that I don't want anyone to depend on me as much as I am to them." Sora looked at her. "You really are hard to love. I'm pretty surprised you got close only to MingKyun." Jin smiled. "Well, she's my roommate and she's always there for— aish, unnie!" Jin yelled. "Mwo?!" Her manager got shocked. "Why are you saying these dramatic things! And go drive faster!" Sora rolled her eyes. "You brat."

When they arrived, she was surprised that someone called her over the phone. "Why is this man calling me at this time?" She answered. "Yoboseyo?" "Jin-ah." It was her mother. "Umma? Waeyo?" She grew concerned. Her mother never really called her or talked to her until a problem comes. "Are you okay there? Don't forget to eat more okay?" She was shocked that her mother talked to her about that kind of thing. "Jin, ppali!" Sora called her but she signaled to wait. "I know umma. I have a schedule, just text me. Bye." She hung up and ran inside the studio.

"Unnie, ireona!" It's already 10 in the morning but Cienne still didn't wake up. "Unnie!" Aidan became irritated because Krystal kept calling Cienne's phone. "You slept first before me, you should be awake by now!" She hit her with pillows but she still won't budge. "This won't help. Time to call the human alarm clock!" She yelled as she went out of her room. "Sarang unnie! Sarang unnie! Sarang unnie!" She kept yelling. "What do you want?!" Arianna came out of her room, just woke up. "You just woke up too?" She groaned. "Ciel won't wake up!" She whined. "Okay, okay!" Arianna stomped into their room. "Yah!" She threw all the pillows to Cienne. "You won't wake up?" She shook her hard. "Damn." She had no choice but to push until she falls over. "Done!" Finally Cienne woke up, irritated. "Why did you wake me up?!" Arianna didn't answer instead, she pointed to Aidan. Aidan raised and eyebrow at her and handed over her phone that had 20 missed calls. "What the?!" Cienne screamed. "Oh no." Aidan ran downstairs. "Seriously, that was the most eardrum breaking scream I have ever heard.

The doorbell rang. Nanie was the nearest to the door so she walked to it. "I'll get it!" Sky exclaimed and ran to the door. The two of them met eyes and Nanie decided to shrug it off. "You go open that." She returned to where she were. Sky opened the door revealing Krystal. Her eyes widened seeing Krystal rushed in without even taking off her shoes or greeting her. "Y-Yah!" She pointed to Krystal. Everyone saw her going upstairs, searching for her sister. "I am so glad Haejin unnie wasn't here, or else." Melody blinked her eyes. "She'd shred Krystal unnie into tiny pieces." All the members knew how much Jin hated Krystal. From being threatened to lose to having the same guy to love. *What the hell is she doing here without any greeting at all?* Arianna widened her eyes while still brushing her teeth after seeing Krystal pass by in front of her. She searched her eyes for Yun who was downstairs talking to Nanie, and she knew what she had to do as the leader. *These girls need to get some treatment.* She went back to the bathroom.

"That's it." Yun said to herself as she saw Nanie and Sky again eyeing each other on the front door. She didn't mind Krystal coming in without saying anything. She knew Arianna can handle it. All she thought now is breaking the fight between Sky and Nanie over the years. "Nanie." She went closer to Nanie who was reading a book. Nanie raised her eyebrows without looking to Yun and that was the signal that she was interested. "Let's talk somewhere private." Yun went to the library and Nanie followed. "Do you want to be friends with Sky again?" Yun immediately said as Nanie closed the door. "I do." Nanie simply answered. "Aren't you making things to get back your friendship?" Nanie sighed. "I am but it doesn't seem to work. I think she doesn't want to be with me anymore." Her tears started flowing. "Just cry it all. We'll try to help you." She hugged Nanie who was clenching her fists. Nanie was real mad at Sky. She hated her for what happened.

"Why aren't you answering my calls?!" Krystal yelled at Cienne in her room. Everybody outside that room heard everything. "Loud voices are hereditary too?" Aidan asked Jaena. "I don't think so." Jaena stared at the Cienne's door. Arianna was outside the door, trying to hear things clearly. "I was still sleeping!" Cienne answered. "And I didn't have any sleep at all!" Arianna jawdropped. *Aish, these girls.* She rolled her eyes and continued to eavesdrop. "You should've just waited for me to call back instead of making a scene here!" Cienne said as she glared Krystal. "Shut up Soojeon! Let's go!" Krystal rolled her eyes. "What?! I have a schedule later!" She removed Krystal's hand from hold her. "For just an hour, you can't be there for Sooyeon unnie? What kind of sister are you?" Cienne was speechless. It's been years since she haven't seen her family. She just contacted them and didn't meet them because she was busy. "I should leave this to them. I'm not in the position to interfere with that problem." Arianna said to herslef as she left the door. "Girls, do your own thing and stop listening!" She shouted to the girls who were eavesdropping too. "Ehehe." Melody laughed awkwardly.

"Junae, tell me about the gay thing." Melody whispered to Jaena. Jaena widened her eyes. "Why do you really want to know?" She asked as she closed the magazine and place it on the table. "I'm really curious." Jaena dragged Melody into their room. "Don't tell this to anyone okay?" Melody nodded and smiled. "So you know, it started this day."

*flashback

"Who was that?" Sungjong asked. "My one, and only brother. Why?" Jaena answered. "Nothing." Sungjong said. "You're jealous, aren't you?" Jaena teased. "No way. Let's just eat." Sungjong tried changing the topic. "Sure. Since i'm, hungry now." Jaena agreed and they ate. "Why are you all by yourself practicing? Are the others busy?" Sungjong asked. "No, I decided to practice alone. This seems better because I can focus. When i'm with them, they're really loud and energetic and I couldn't keep up. Being the lead dancer is very tough especially if your mind can't memorize half of the steps." She kept on eating. "Oh, that's why."

Jaena kept on dancing and was shocked when Sungjong stopped the music. "What the hell!" She stomped to Sungjong who was deeply staring at her. "Why did you stop it?" She pressed play and he stopped it again. "What is wrong with you?" She asked him calmly. "I have to tell you something." Their faces were now close to each other. *My heart is beating so fast. It's like i'm gonna die.* They continued to stare at each other. *Is he going to confess to me that he likes me or something like that?* Sungjong's mouth opened. "I'm gay." She felt like the world dropped on her. *Is this for real?* She was very disappointed. Jaena never expected that kind of thing to happen to Sungjong. "W-When?" She stuttered. "H-How?" Sungjong made faces. "Dance first." Jaena squatted. "Sirheo! Tell me first!" She hit Sungjong. On the outside she acted like it was fun to hear your bestfriend being gay but deep inside, she knew that it hurt. "Okay, okay fine." She acted like she was interested but she felt the opposite. *I didn't expect this.* She continued to smile. "Well it started when I got in Woollim. When I first saw one of the trainees, boy trainee, oh my, I felt something weird!" She just nodded and pretended to be listening but nah, she prefer not to. Her phone vibrated.

Enough of that practice, go rest. Come home.

"Jongie, I need to go home." Sungjong noticed her talk after blabbering about how he went gay. "I'll walk you ho—" "A-Ani. Unnie said I should hurry. There's something going on." Both of them went out of the building. "Take care, okay?" She heard him say and ran.

"It hurts." She said to herself while walking to the front door. "Apayo." She looked down and rang the doorbell. Nanie opened to door. "Saengie, come eat!" She smiled cheerfully at her and she just returned a faint smile, threw her bag on the living room, left her shoes without arranging it, and ran to the dining room. "What's wrong with her?" Nanie asked herself.

*end of flashback

"That's it!" Melody was left dumbfounded. "So there really are gays even in South Korea." She pouted and watched Jaena turn her back at her and wiped her tears. She decided to give Jaena a hug. "Uljima."

It was already night when MingKyun returned home. "At last!" She stretched her arms and headed to the fridge. She grabbed a Kitkat and ate it. "I'm not sleepy yet." She got her IPad and opened Youtube. What should I watch? A movie? A music video? Parody? She kept thinking. "Maybe i'll just stick with BEATZ tonight." She opened BEATZ channel. Her hand traveled to BEATZ' music videos. "Nah." Her finger went to Cute Beatz'. "Nope. That would be embarrassing for me." Her last stop was Techno Beatz. "This is it." She played the unit's recent song.

"Sarang unnie gained weight in this era." She watched. "She really has an awesome voice." She clapped while watching the music video. "Omo! Junae unnie is so pretty here!" She fangirled. It was Jin's turn. MingKyun went speechless after seeing her dance. Jin is not much of a singer, but she dances. "Sajangnim should've given her the main dancer spot." She pouted and watched it. "Aidan raps very well." She slowly claps when, "What are you watchi—" "Wah!!!" MingKyun was startled and Jin laughed. "You startled me." She pouted at her but Jin couldn't stop laughing. "Who's there?" They both heard Yun's voice from upstairs. "Don't worry Yun, it's just the girls." Sora answered. MingKyun slightly punched Jin's arms and covered her face. *That was so embarrassing. Did she see it all?* She peeked onto Jin who stopped laughing. "I heard everything." With that, Jin ran upstairs and MingKyun cheased her into their room. "Seriously!" Nanie went out of the room with messy hair. She slammed the door and slept again.

 
author note

I am finally back! I had a hard time updating since they placed a password in the computer and they won't tell me. I even had to force them to type it in so that I can update more June 1 comes. Ugh. Anyways, what might happened to the Jung sisters? Are you enjoying this chapter? Comments!