forty-two

BEATZ | ONGOING
more
may 08, 2015

"You just ruined my shopping day LuHan." MingKyun crossed her arms and glared at LuHan. "Come drink with me." LuHan offered a glass of wine. "Why the hell are you here? You're supposed to be in China to have a photoshoot." MingKyun sat on the table and refused his offer. "I'm free this week." LuHan smiled and drank. "What's the matter with you?" MingKyun became worried at him. "Nothing's the problem!" LuHan smiled at her and chose a song. He was already starting to sing when MingKyun pressed stop. "Yah! Turn it on!" He frowned and drank. "Tell me your problem." After she said that, she saw LuHan's tears flow. She let him cry and let it out. "Okay let's sing a song!" It was a bit embarrassing for her to act cute in this situation but she believed that it would make LuHan feel better. "Annyeonghaseyo! I'm the aegyo princess, MingKyun!" She did a bbuing bbuing. She sang Cute Beatz' Diva and did cute poses in front of him. *It worked!* MingKyun thought when she saw LuHan smile. She stopped singing and squished LuHan's face. "Now go tell me what you're feeling."

Three days later. "Mwo?!" MingKyun jawdropped. "Why? Aren't you happy?" Yun raised an eyebrow. "Of course I am happy. But i'm getting tired!" She pouted. "Cute Beatz is having a comeback!" Melody cheered and jumped around. "Congratulations!" Sky hugged her and they both high-fived. "Yah Kyu!" Jin called MingKyun. she turned around and saw her and looked down. "Mianhaeeee Jin-aaah." She acted cute and hugged her. "Chukhahae." Jin smiled. "You're not mad?" She asked. "Nope." Jin widened her eyes. "Omo! Jin did a cute face!" Jaena pointed at her and laughed. "Aniyo!" Jin stomped her feet. "We're not fooling around Jin." Arianna smiled at them. "Chukhahaeyo Sooyee." Yun just turned and smiled at her. Everyone was happy and fooled around except Nanie who was sulking on the corner observing everyone. *Just look at Sky, congratulating her. No one even congratulated me when I was the one who proposed the lyrics I wrote alongside with Sooyee unnie for our unit.* Nanie frowned and walked out of the living room.

"MingKyun-ah!" Sora came inside. "Present!" MingKyun grabbed her clutch bag and stood beside her. "Wish me luck guys!" She smiled in front of them. "Good luck MingKyun!" The unnies greeted her. "Tell Kai oppa I said hi!" Cienne laughed. She gave a glance to Jin and she mouthed 'fighting' to her. Today is MingKyun's shooting for her music video. Among the members, she's the busiest one for she's preparing for her solo activities.

MingKyun was busy having her make-up. "I'm so sleepy." She yawned when she a a hand reached to her. "Eh?" She turned to know who owns that hand and— "Omona!" Hey eyes widened and she didn't believe it. "P-P-Park Chanyeol?" She gulped and immediately searched for her phone and texted Melody.

Unnie-deul! Come here. Ppali!

She looked at him again. "Annyeong!" He bowed and she introduced herself and bowed too. "E-eh, oppa. I thought it would be Kai oppa who'll be with me for the music video." Chanyeol chuckled. "He'll be here minutes from now. He had to finish his schedule. I was just tagged along."

M:Waeyo? Is there a problem? Did you leave something behind?

MK: I'm craving for your new recipe unnie.

M:Okay! I'll be there since unnie  has no schedule today.

MK: And can you bring Nanie unnie along too? I need her. Thank you!

*This might be a good idea for their lovelife and her friendship!* She thought as she read the text and smirked. "Why are you smirking?" Chanyeol noticed it and she was shocked. "A-aniyo." She pouted and stood up to talk to him. "Oppa, can I ask a sensitive question?" Chanyeol silenced for a few minutes and nodded. "What happened between you guys and LuHan oppa?" The guy's eyes widened. "Okay, that was a really sensitive question but i'm serious, oppa. He told me it was about you guys and he never told me more about it. I badly want to help." MingKyun gave him a frown. "Mianhae Kyung. But it was his fault."

*I'll bring unnie along? Eotteokhae? We're not in good terms. Kyu, why?* She thought as she kept mixing her new recipe in the pot. "Stop spacing out. That would be overcooked." She turned to her right and saw Nanie looking at her. "Oh, that's right." She was shocked when Nanie looked onto what she was cooking. "It's my new recipe, want to ta—" "Better not. I'm full and besides, i'm working on the other songs for our new album." Nanie sat on the dining table and continued writing. "M-MingKyun told me to bring you there today." "Waeyo?" Everytime she speaks, she ends up getting cut off. "She said she has a problem and she needs you." Nanie stopped writing and looked at Melody which made her feel awkward again. "Woah. Somebody still needs me? That's quite surpri—" "Why are you being selfish Nanie?" She turned off the stove. "Me? Selfish?" She faced Nanie. "It's been a year. Aren't you sick of it? Aren't you tired of hating Skyby?" Nanie widened her eyes and glared at her. "Of course I am sick of it!" "Then why are you mad at me?" Nanie dropped her pen and stood up. "I wasn't mad at you in the first place. It was okay for me that you would be a part of me and Sky's tiny circle but it hurt when she said that you are her bestfriend and that you were the only one she has! How about me? I am useless to her!" Nanie ran upstairs and slammed the door. Melody's tears kept flowing but she just continued her work. Little did they know that Yun heard all of it. *Last chance for the three of them.* She returned to her room and slept.

Melody waited for Nanie downstairs. "Will she come with me?" She take a look at her watch. "It's almost lunch time. I guess I should just text her."

I'll be heading out first.

She was about to tap the send when she heard Nanie's voice said, "Go ride in my car." She immediately erased the message and placed it inside her bag.

"MingKyun, are you listening?" She returned to reality. *Damn. I was lost in my thoughts. Is Melody unnie okay?* She frowned and listened to the director's instructions for the scene. "Okay let's start!" "Kyu, gwaenchanha?" Kai asked her. "Ne, oppa." She faintly smiled. She couldn't deny that she was worried regarding her two unnies.

"Aegi, mom will be with you after work okay? Uljima. I'll bring you sweets. Saranghae." Sora hung up her phone and saw Nanie and Melody get off from Nanie's car? "Oh? Did they reconcile?" Sora grew curious and stared at them. "Unnie!" Melody ran to her and Nanie followed. "What are you two doing here?" She asked them. She looked at Melody. "Dongsaeng told me to bring lunch for her. Instead, I cooked lunch for everyone!" She smiled and Sora looked at Nanie. "U-Uh, Kyu said she needed me." Nanie shrugged and the three of them went inside.

*What is Chanyeol doing here?* She thought but acted normal. *Baekhyun's bestfriend.* Nanie immediately walked to him but Melody got first. "Aish." She rolled her eyes and sat on a corner.

 

(PLEASE DO READ THE NOTES BELOW EVERY CHAPTER BECAUSE IT'S IMPORTANT. THANKS.)

 
author note

So this is my plan. I'm going to slowly reveal what really happened over the past years to BEATZ. Please don't worry if your character doesn't say anything or whatever. They will surely be on the next chapters. I focused on this chapter to MingKyun, Nanie, and Melody. I'll reveal Jaena's on the next chapter and another character will be revealed too! I originally planned to reveal the whole thing here but I thought it would be better to make it a cliffhanger.

Unnies, this is really my apology gift to all of you for not updating so long. I really feel sorry. Now I feel that the others just neglect this story and don't read and comment it anymore like they used to. And I feel that it's my fault though.

Anyways, I need comments again. Thank you sweet_lava, nanie92, infernocaeli, and Bree_22 for commenting and giving such suggestions. I'm giving your characters the spotlight this time since you commented. To YukiBoo, owner of Melody's character, you didn't comment though but I gave your character more exposure because she plays a big role in the current chapters. Thank you so much. :)

Saranghaeyo..