Truth.

Sibling love.

A sudden thud was heard outside the room door. I rushed out to see what it was and I found my mother lying on the floor.

"JINA!!!!" I cried.

"W-wae?" JiNa said as she rubbed her eyes whilst walking out the door. She saw mother unconcious on the ground and immediately helped me lift her back to bed. We stood beside her bed, each clasping onto one hand, praying that she'll come around.

Thank goodness, she did.

"Umma, are you ok?" JiNa stumbled upon her words, trying to catch her breath.

Mother got up with a weak smile and said, "I'm fine, my darling."

"Why did you faint all of a sudden?" I asked. My mother caressed my face and said, "Changsub ah... I think it's time we told her the truth." I looked at my mother, all of our eyes were swelled with tears. The emotion in the room was overwhelming. The truth was about to be spilt. The truth that we didn't mean to keep from my loved one.

"Yes, you are adopted.." my mother started off, "You were three back then. We found you at the park at Hongdae, crying. We asked where your parents were but you were unable to answer. All you did was point to the sky and cried, 'no more no more'. So, we decided to take you to our nearby inn at that time. While Changsub was taking care of you at the inn, I went out to look for your parents. This lady appeared in front of me and gave me a gold bracelet. She told me to take good care of you. She was wearing a mask that covered most of her face. She seemed weak and on that fateful night, she died. That's what the police told me. I didnt know why or who she was. Believe it or not but this really happened. Ever since that day, we decided to take you in as one of our own."

JiNa tried to take every bit of information in and began shooting plenty of questions.

"Who is she? Was she my mother? How come I dont remember anything like that?" she shooted.

My mother tried to speak but her voice was faltering, I quickly took a glass of water for her as I explained to JiNa.

"We don't know who she was but it was likely that she was your mother. She died from excessive loss of blood. The reason you don't remember was because you got a high fever straight after we took you in and the high fever triggered the memory in your brain and you forgot everything that happened before you were three."

JiNa looked at me with disbelief. She stormed out of the room and slammed the door with a loud bang. I looked at my mother.

"Umma.."

"Give her time.." my mother said. I looked blankly at the door.

There was nothing I could do. I felt useless at the point. The person she trusted the most kept a huge secret from her. I can only imagine her pain. My heart felt like it was stabbed by a million knives. Tears started streaming down my face.

"I'd rather the person that went through this be me. Seeing you cry is the most depressing sight. I want to face the truth in your place. The cold hard truth, I'd rather suffer just for you. My dear JiNa, please dont cry." I thought to myself.