Dinner at my place.

Sibling love.

Jina's POV.
-SATURDAY-
I got up from bed buzzing with excitement. I ran to my closet and ransacked it. I tried to find the nicest clothes I could wear.
"What are you doing?" Changsub oppa asked as he rubbed his eyes.
"Finding clothes for tonight!" I shrieked.

"Don't be stupid! If he likes you for you then it doesn't matter what you wear, plus, you're not even leaving the house. I am. Help me pick out an outfit." he said.
I scrunched up my face and pouted, "Yes oppa...."
I followed him into his room and went through his wardrobe. He didn't have much fancy or dressy clothings so it was easy for me to find one that stood out.

"Here...." I said as I threw a plain white tee and navy blue blazer to him. He scanned through the outfit and thanked me a few seconds later. I threw myself onto his bed, planning to catch up on my sleep due to my over-excited wake up. However, Changsub oppa pulled the blanket and I fell flat onto the floor.

"Get up! You're cooking today." he grumbled. I sat up and folded my arms, "No fair, I did that yesterday!"
He stuck his tongue out at me and said, "Well, life isn't fair. Since I'm going on this hopeless date, the least you can do is cook today!"
My eyes rolled back as I sighed, "Fine..."

I quickly made my way to the kitchen to prepare breakfast and thought about the menu for the night. What should I make?

I snapped my fingers in delight. "I'll cook my baby's favorite!" I giggled to myself as I happily scraped through the rest of the morning and afternoon.

It was almost 6. Changsub oppa had already left the house for his date. I even gave him a few tips on how to chase the girl away if he wasn't interested. I wondered if my advice was even needed later on in his date. I sat in the living room, watching tv with my mother as I anxiously waited for Sungjae to arrive.

*Ding dong*

I scrambled my off the sofa as I tripped on my way over to the door. My mother sat there and laughed.
I did some last minute straightening up, after which I slowly opened the door.

"Hey baby!" I exclaimed in delight as I flung my arms around his neck and kissed his cheeks. He lifted me up and spun me around before putting me down to kiss my cheeks.

"What's that?" I pointed to the small basket beside him.

"Oh that's for your mother.." he admitted.

"Oh, you little bootlicker. Trying to kiss up to my umma huh?" I said cheekily.

Just then, my mother shouted from the living room, "Are you just gonna stand there or come in?"
I scratched my head and looked down in embarrassment as I shut the door to lead sungjae to the living room.
Sungjae bowed and greeted my mother as the both of us awkwardly sat on the sofa opposite my mother. I looked down to the rug and so did he.

"So, forgive me if I'm being blunt, but what are your aspirations?" she asked.
Sungjae cleared his throat as he said, "I aspire to be pilot, mam."

"What future can that bring to my child? She needs someone to protect her. If you're a pilot then, you're gonna be very busy, what about my daughter?" she probed further. I stared at the rug. My mother was right. If sungjae did become a pilot, he'd be very busy, then I wouldn't be able to spend time with him or see him as much.
The room fell silent for a brief moment.

"I assure you that everything I do, I always have Jina's interest at heart. Even if it means giving up my aspirations. I don't mind! I've always wanted to start my own business anyway." he said confidently.

I smiled, however, I felt slightly upset and guilty. I mean, he really wants to be a pilot and if i am the one getting in the way then it's truthfully my fault. Also, I could sense the awkward tension in the living room, so i clapped my hands and yelped, "So who wants dinner? Sungjae you can help me prepare the food! Lets go!"
I pulled him away from the living room and into the kitchen.

"So where are the utensils?" he asked as he looked over the counter. I pointed him to the drawers as I asked, "Did you really mean what you said just now? About giving up your dream, just to be with me.."

"Of course I did, silly!" he chirped as he pinched my cheeks.
I pouted and answered, "But I don't want you to give up just because of me. I'll feel bad..."

"I have many dreams, baby. My biggest one is to be with you, so dont worry! Lets get dinner on the table, we can't keep your mother waiting!" he mentioned.
I did what I was told. During dinner, Sungjae and I tried our best to make my mother accept him. He told stories about himself from when I was a kid and I told stories of myself. Clearly, we were the only two who had fun.
After dinner, we cleared the dishes together. Then sungjae headed to the bathroom. I took this moment to ask my mother, "Umma, so...do you approve of him or not?"
She gave me a look that I wasn't able to tell what kind of expression she was giving off. She kept quiet. I continued pestering her to tell me but she wouldn't budge. Just then, Sungjae came out from the bathroom.

"Sungjae, come here." my mother requested. I looked at him as he walked over giving him the I-dont-even-know-what's-going-on face.

"So. I have been observing the two of you tonight. You want to know my verdict right?" she asked.

"Yes!" we chorused.

"Well, then, I can tell that you make my sweetheart very happy. Also, you're willing to sacrifice a dream of importance just for her. That itself is a very good way of saying that you'll do anything for my daughter. No doubt you'll be a good protector for her. You remind me of my husband... He was a good man..."

I raised an eyebrow, "So does this mean...."
She smiled and whispered, "Yes.. I approve."

The two of us jumped up and threw our hands in the air with victory and happiness. I hugged my mother tightly and thanked her as Sungjae bowed to her many timed to express his gratitude.
My mother slowly headed back into her room, giving us time to ourselves. Sungjae sat on the sofa as I fell onto his lap.

"Doesn't this call for a victory kiss?" he snickered. I wrapped my arms around his neck as I puckered my lips and pressed it against his. Oh, how I miss that feeling!

"Happy?" I questioned. I laid on the sofa as he sat on the floor and rested his head on my thighs. I was literally on cloud nine!

On the other hand, I couldn't help but wonder how Changsub oppa's date turned out.~