Boyfriend

Sibling love.

JiNa's POV.

Sungjae and I sat beside each other as I looked down to the table top and blushed. He was using the towel to wipe my head dry. Changsub oppa and Yoseob oppa came out from the kitchen with a tray each. Yoseob oppa's tray had hot chicken soup and Changsub oppa's tray had piping hot sweet potatoes.

"You might catch a cold from the rain! Finish everything up and eat well!" Yoseob oppa said as he messed up my hair and skipped back to the kitchen.

Changsub oppa put the tray down, looked at Sungjae and signalled him over to a corner of the cafe. Oblivious to what was going on, I helped myself to the sweet potatoes.

Changsub's POV.

Sungjae was really tall. I felt like a dwarf standing beside him. I shook the meaningless thoughts away and decided to ask him, "Are you serious about JiNa?"

Sungjae smiled and confidently answered, "Yes." 

I put my hand on his shoulder as I laid out a summary of JiNa to him, "Then, listen carefully. Don't let her get hurt. She's never had a boyfriend, not to mention a first love. She's really fragile. Take care of her and protect her. She loves putting on a strong front, but really.. She's sensitive. She genuinely cares for everyone around her. Her thoughts are simple and innocent. Guide her. Most importantly, you have to love her for who she is.."

He was pretty mature for his age. He looked at me then to JiNa, who was happily gobbling the sweet potatoes. "I promise you. I won't let her get into any harm. I will love her unconditionally. You have my word." he promised.

I looked at the way he looked at JiNa. It was just the way I did. In fact, I could tell that he was being serious and that he wasn't just some rich playboy. With my shoulders still on his hand, I patted it and said, "I'll hold on to your words. Now, go!"

And just like that, he walked forth to JiNa and sat beside her. I saw how elated she was and creeped back into the kitchen. Waiting for the storm to be over.

JiNa's POV.

While I was pigging out to the sweet potatoes, Sungjae made a quick return. I dropped the potato and wiped my mouth in embarrassment. I had to admit, my eating habits weren't the best.

Sungjae looked at me and laughed. "You have a little something on your..." he said as he pointed to my upper lip.

Just as I was about to lift my hand up to wipe it off, he stopped my hand and continued, "Let me get it for you."

He leaned forward. The closer he was, the bigger my eyes got as I looked at his lips that were coming toward mine. He placed his lips above mine as he nibbled the sweet potato off my lips. He stayed there for several more seconds before pulling away.

"See! All better! Hehe!" he giggled. My eyes shifted from left to right, too nervous to speak. Sungjae's big warm hands gathered both my hands and joined it with his. He pulled my hands which were in his and placed them on his chin as he kissed my hands and popped a question.

"Would you be my girlfriend?"